James Hardy

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd Amendment does not give you the de facto right to own a gun. It is actually being discussed before the Supreme Court right now.

Stop arguing about his right to own a gun, it has nothing to do with this. He had a permit for it so it was legally owned right now this very minute.

Should he be carrying it? NO...take it to the local PD and turn it in.

well, no charges, and he does have a license. I wish he hadn't, and I wish he didn't, but let's wait to learn more about this. His dad could be a major d*ck. I just hope the guy doesn't haunt his career...No, this isn't a good way to start your career, and I'm sure the Bills are concerned, but to start wishing for Limas Sweed is premature at best.

1) maybe he'll end up like Marvin Harrison - HOF - who has what, 26 guns registered?? Dont you think after # 20, the state would be like, 'ok Marvin, honestly, why do you need a 21st gun registered?'

2) WR's are a different breed, and think character (more so than other positions) should play a HUGE role in drafting/siging someone. Until I'm proven wrong (which I hope I am), i still would be much happier with Limas Sweed who was proclaimed the hardest worker and highest character WR of the upper tier.

For the people saying "no big deal", "it's his right" blah blah blah would you feel the same if Hardy was a *pat*. Just something to think about? I hope we don't have to trade this guy to the Bungals. This is not a good start (I know no charges laid.....this time)

GO BILLS!

Maybe a little.....

1) The incident took place at 1:30 PM on Mothers Day, in a back yard. Alcohol involved? We don't know.

2) If he pointed the gun at his father, the father would have to be the complainant. In NYS, this would constitute a charge of menacing. The female caller (would be curious as to who that was) stated that his gun was drawn, but the gun was legal and not pointed at her. The father doesn't seem to want to be a complainant, thus no arrest.

3) He is a 6'7" professional athlete. His father must be a pretty tough guy for Hardy to need to use a handgun against him, or threaten to.

4) Given this and his other episode, a case could be made that Hardy is at least somewhat unstable. I am glad that nobody was hurt this time, and I hope that he get serious help. I would hate to see him hurt somebody, and the Bills need a tall receiver.

5) Who brings a gun to a family get together on Mother's Day? If you need a gun for a situation like this, then I might suggest you call your mother, and go to see her another time without the rest of the family.

6) I don't know NYS law, but in some states you can get into trouble just for brandishing a firearm.

Let's see. The father did not file a complaint, there was a permit. Neighbor called the police. Sounds like a non-starter to me. I think since we don't know the facts and no complaint was filed we might just withold judgment. I'm not looking for Mother Teresa, I'm just looking for a No. 2 receiver.

>>>>Officers were called to a home in the 2900 block of Weisser Park Avenue just before 1:30 p.m. Sunday by a woman who said a man was fighting with his father in her backyard.<<<<

Looking at the above, I am not getting the feeling that police were called by someone at the location at which the altercation took place more than by a neighbor.

If the father did 9 years he is certainly no angel, and he might have made a verbal threat that scared Hardy. At least I would consider that as my defense. :flirt:

Either way, the incident was abviously not a good one, and the kid obviously needs lots of help, assuming that there is any hope at all.

Maybe a little.....

1) The incident took place at 1:30 PM on Mothers Day, in a back yard. Alcohol involved? We don't know.

2) If he pointed the gun at his father, the father would have to be the complainant. In NYS, this would constitute a charge of menacing. The female caller (would be curious as to who that was) stated that his gun was drawn, but the gun was legal and not pointed at her. The father doesn't seem to want to be a complainant, thus no arrest.

3) He is a 6'7" professional athlete. His father must be a pretty tough guy for Hardy to need to use a handgun against him, or threaten to.

4) Given this and his other episode, a case could be made that Hardy is at least somewhat unstable. I am glad that nobody was hurt this time, and I hope that he get serious help. I would hate to see him hurt somebody, and the Bills need a tall receiver.

You sure make a lot of assumptions for someone who doesn't know jack shiit about what actually happened.

I can tell you this much: my father is lucky he was smart enough to keep guns away from our house in my youth. I can sit here and count at least a dozen time I would have tried to pull it on him, and a few times I could have easily pulled the !@#$ing trigger.

But hey, Hardy is probably the unstable one, here.

Jesus.

You sure make a lot of assumptions for someone who doesn't know jack shiit about what actually happened.

I can tell you this much: my father is lucky he was smart enough to keep guns away from our house in my youth. I can sit here and count at least a dozen time I would have tried to pull it on him, and a few times I could have easily pulled the !@#$ing trigger.

Jesus.

I guess you missed the post right above yours. :flirt:

Jesus.

I take it growing up you did not have a great childhood?

I guess you missed the post right above yours. :flirt:

You mean the post where you made even more assumptions and drew more conclusions without having any idea what actually happened? That post?

Should he be carrying it? NO...take it to the local PD and turn it in.

Why shouldn't he be carrying it and why should he turn it in? If he hasn't committed a crime here, he has as much right to own and carry it as anyone.

Why shouldn't he be carrying it and why should he turn it in? If he hasn't committed a crime here, he has as much right to own and carry it as anyone.

Because Brandon in the grand scheme I believe that if he continues to carry a gun he will regret it. Nothing to do with rights.

Did you bring your gun to visit you mother on mother's day?