James Hardy

"According to the police report, the female witness told police she yelled at the younger Hardy to stop fighting when he pulled out a black gun. The woman said Hardy then left."

When did they start making ethnic-specific firearms? Can it only be used on blacks, or are only blacks allowed to buy it?

Maybe he's trying to send a message to the coaching staff that there's a limit to what he'll put up with from authority figures.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe it's his father that needs to be kept away from James? That'd be my bet: That his father is the problem, James was using the gun as a deterrent against escalation of whatever kind, and that his father is hell bent on getting rich off of his son. James probably needs some counseling and bigtime support, but I think it's pretty interesting how so many people here are quick to draw their own conclusions about this.

He allegedly assaulted the mother of his child and his *infant/toddler* child not so long ago. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt ...

He allegedly assaulted the mother of his child and his *infant/toddler* child not so long ago. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt ...

Charges were dropped. For all you know, the woman grossly exaggerated the situation. Nobody likes the fact that Hardy doesn't have the nicest of family arrangements, but what's the point in jumping to conclusions that authorities didn't jump to?

Charges were dropped. For all you know, the woman grossly exaggerated the situation. Nobody likes the fact that Hardy doesn't have the nicest of family arrangements, but what's the point in jumping to conclusions that authorities didn't jump to?

So everyone is just making everything up?

"It's a jump to cunclusions mat, see there is a bunch of different scenarios and you jump to which one you feel is appropriate."

Michael Bolton: "That's the dumbest idea I have ever heard."

Amir: " Yes this idea is very, very terrible"

So everyone is just making everything up?

There wasn't even a crime. Jesus. There was an argument - Legal. There was an adult with a legal gun who pulled it out - legal. He immediately left - legal and wise. The police didn't even go after him - no crime. The other person involved said there was nothing wrong and we love each other. Where was the crime?

I don't really want my Bills players pulling guns either, but unless we know what really happened and that the younger hardy was the bad guy, there is really not a lot of reason to get overly excited about this. He had the sense to get a permit. He got in an argument with someone he has argued with his entire life (and probably for good reason) and when the gun came out he left. That if anything, showed good judgment considering the circumstances. No one even fought. No one touched anyone else. There is no reason to investigate.

Like I said, denial ain't just a river in Egypt:

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=...2&comview=1

Fort Wayne police officers were alerted to the scene by Nolan's 911 call. According to the 911 dispatch log, an operator heard yelling and swearing before the line was disconnected. After calling back once and receiving no answer, a different operator heard Nolan say that Hardy had "hit her and her baby."

According to the report, when police responded, an officer asked Nolan about red marks on her neck. She claimed that the red marks were from an altercation earlier in the week with another female, the report said.

When police asked Hardy about the tears in his shirt and the red marks on Nolan's neck, Hardy responded he and Nolan had only been arguing verbally and that his shirt was torn from wrestling with her brother, the report said. According to the report, he maintained that the marks on Nolan's neck were from them wrestling earlier before he wrestled with her brother.

At the scene police also saw a telephone broken into four pieces with the cord unplugged from its outlet, the report said. Hardy said that his infant son had probably broken the phone when he was playing with it.

According to the police report, Hardy then told the officers that Nolan had gotten "into his face" and that he "pushed her away with his hand into her neck and that is where the red mark came from." He also admitted that he attempted to disconnect the phone, on speaker phone mode at the time, but that he didn't know who Nolan was trying to call, the report said.

Besides Hardy and Thomas' infant son, the couple were the only ones in the house.

Interesting read, this thread. Or at least the parts that I've read.

If it was mentioned in an earlier post, my apologies. But I'd really like all of us (at least those open to the idea) to look at the cultural aspects of what transpired. It's key if any of us wish to gain an understanding into what transpired.

Prayers to the Hardy family. Especially James' child who, through the opporunity presented to his father, may escape the same cultural influences.

Fort Wayne police officers were alerted to the scene by Nolan's 911 call. According to the 911 dispatch log, an operator heard yelling and swearing before the line was disconnected. After calling back once and receiving no answer, a different operator heard Nolan say that Hardy had "hit her and her baby."

According to the report, when police responded, an officer asked Nolan about red marks on her neck. She claimed that the red marks were from an altercation earlier in the week with another female, the report said.

When police asked Hardy about the tears in his shirt and the red marks on Nolan's neck, Hardy responded he and Nolan had only been arguing verbally and that his shirt was torn from wrestling with her brother, the report said. According to the report, he maintained that the marks on Nolan's neck were from them wrestling earlier before he wrestled with her brother.

At the scene police also saw a telephone broken into four pieces with the cord unplugged from its outlet, the report said. Hardy said that his infant son had probably broken the phone when he was playing with it.

According to the police report, Hardy then told the officers that Nolan had gotten "into his face" and that he "pushed her away with his hand into her neck and that is where the red mark came from." He also admitted that he attempted to disconnect the phone, on speaker phone mode at the time, but that he didn't know who Nolan was trying to call, the report said.

Besides Hardy and Thomas' infant son, the couple were the only ones in the house.

The couple, as far as I know, are still together, and have been dating for EIGHT YEARS, and are 21 now.

Wait a minute. So now because his son was in the room when the altercation occurred, you are accusing him of smacking around his infant son? Funny, he was accused of the altercation with his girlfriend, but NOT of anything relating to his son.

Or lets just believe exactly what the woman said on the phone. Because we all know that no woman ever lies or exaggerates events of the past/present during a fight. :blink:

There wasn't even a crime. Jesus. There was an argument - Legal. There was an adult with a legal gun who pulled it out - legal. He immediately left - legal and wise. The police didn't even go after him - no crime. The other person involved said there was nothing wrong and we love each other. Where was the crime?

I don't really want my Bills players pulling guns either, but unless we know what really happened and that the younger hardy was the bad guy, there is really not a lot of reason to get overly excited about this. He had the sense to get a permit. He got in an argument with someone he has argued with his entire life (and probably for good reason) and when the gun came out he left. That if anything, showed good judgment considering the circumstances. No one even fought. No one touched anyone else. There is no reason to investigate.

So because it's quote-unquote legal to pull a gun in an argument with a party who didn't apparently have a gun, you're willing to excuse it? Call me crazy, but I'm one of those weird people who thinks that gun violence (responsible for 20,000 deaths or so a year) is a blight on this country. Most gun violence begins with an armed party pulling a gun on a party that isn't holding a gun, and I'd like to see less of it. I'm also probably less likely than many to excuse instances like this one. And I'm avoiding second amendment issues here, which don't apply.

Wait a minute. So now because his son was in the room when the altercation occurred, you are accusing him of smacking around his infant son? Funny, he was accused of the altercation with his girlfriend, but NOT of anything relating to his son.

Or lets just believe exactly what the woman said on the phone. Because we all know that no woman ever lies or exaggerates events of the past/present during a fight. :blink:

I'm sure it has been talked about at some point, but if he actually assualted his infant son, wouldn't there be some obvious medical signs?

The guy has some major red flags, but that doesn't mean that you give up on him immediately. Put him in better situations. Try to keep him around the right guys on the team. They can never fully correct the problem, but the team can set him on the right track if he's willing.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Marks around her throat, which she implausibly blames on an incident occurring earlier in the week. A phone ripped out of the wall, which matches with what the 911 operator said. And basically, an admission by him that he had his hands around her throat, coupled with a ridiculously bald-faced lie about an infant shattering the phone.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Marks around her throat, which she implausibly blames on an incident occurring earlier in the week. A phone ripped out of the wall, which matches with what the 911 operator said. And basically, an admission by him that he had his hands around her throat, coupled with a ridiculously bald-faced lie about an infant shattering the phone.

I'm not arguing about the altercation with his girlfriend. You claimed that Hardy assaulted his infant son. Wheres the proof of that?

My understanding of violence against women is that in long term relationships, women are more likely to downplay the violence and only call 911 when they're truly frightened (and, given that he ripped the phone out of the wall, she probably had good reason to be). I'm sure you can point to anecdotes that match your point, but I'm fairly certain that the evidence is weighted very heavily on the other side of the scale.

So because it's quote-unquote legal to pull a gun in an argument with a party who didn't apparently have a gun, you're willing to excuse it? Call me crazy, but I'm one of those weird people who thinks that gun violence (responsible for 20,000 deaths or so a year) is a blight on this country. Most gun violence begins with an armed party pulling a gun on a party that isn't holding a gun, and I'd like to see less of it. I'm also probably less likely than many to excuse instances like this one. And I'm avoiding second amendment issues here, which don't apply.

I'm willing to excuse it until I hear ANYTHING about what provoked it, yes. Especially because there are only about four facts here and three of them point in the younger Hardy's favor. He didn't fight. He left immediately. There were no threats. The guy he argued with said nothing happened. I don't LIKE the fact that he pulled a gun but those guys live in a different world than I do. He did right by following the laws and registering it.