James Hardy

Also keep in mind, "pulled" and "pointed" are two different things.

You and your "details", sheeesh. We have the "facts" so stop trying to derail the gossip train, we are trying to destroy a guy's rep before he even signs his contract and all this smarmy insistence on the "truth" is getting in our way.

All kidding aside, there is a practical effect to this event as I am sure it is going to come up in contract negotiations. I wouldn't be surprised if they beef up the morals clause. Maybe ask him to stop carrying a weapon or something to that effect.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we're assuming...

And we're going to keep going in that direction...

From all the cops I've ever talked to, that's pretty much the norm in domestic cases. Especially in cases that involve people who have had prior run ins with the cops. Is it an assumption? Yeah, but it's also an assumption to think that Hardy didn't do anything wrong. The lack of an arrest doesn't mean anything either way.

It's also an assumption to judge him "irresponsible".

But you're very willing to do that..... even without knowing any facts about what happened.

Imagine that..... assumptions everywhere! :blink:

Ooooh! Ooooooh! Oooooh! I know this one!

There wasn't a crime?

Could be, but isn't a far more likely scenario that the police were paid off as part of a grand plot, so ingenious, so diabolical, so fiendishly devised that all traces of its existence have vanished rendering it indetectable? Hmmm?

From all the cops I've ever talked to, that's pretty much the norm in domestic cases. Especially in cases that involve people who have had prior run ins with the cops. Is it an assumption? Yeah, but it's also an assumption to think that Hardy didn't do anything wrong. The lack of an arrest doesn't mean anything either way.

Really? So all the cops you've ever talked to have walked into a domestic dispute involving 2 black men with serious records and a firearm and they give them a stern lecture and everyone goes on about their business? Yeah, I'm sure.

I'm assuming NOTHING. There are virtually no facts available. But you keep going on assasinating the guy's character and recommending solutions to "help him" based on what you "know" and all the "experience" you have from the "cops you've talked to".

It's no different than the idiots who said something about him carrying a weapon to his mom's house. Dude just got picked to play in the NFL and is going to be making bank. It stands to reason that someone may have threatened him and he took it as credible and wants to protect himself. Bad James. Bad.

Or maybe they were in a minor fistfight (which we now know they were) and he didn't want the gun he knew was there going off in his pants?

That's pretty much what I think happened here. The neighbor saw them arguing/fighting and mistook Hardy removing the gun for him drawing the gun.

As if anyone here knows the circumstance that led to a gun being pulled, lol

We definitely don't. But given the fact that he wasn't taken to the county jail, I think its likely that he actually didn't draw the gun with an intent to use it and all parties (except the neighbor) realized this.

It's also an assumption to judge him "irresponsible".

But you're very willing to do that..... even without knowing any facts about what happened.

Imagine that..... assumptions everywhere! :blink:

I thought that's what I just tried to point out? That we were both assuming.

I was just trying to point out the fallacy in the belief that since there was no arrest, there was no crime.

Assuming that the initial call was correct (I've yet to see anything that shows that it wasn't), and that Hardy pulled a gun in confrontation with his father, then yes that shows him to be very irresponsible at the least.

Assuming that the initial call was correct (I've yet to see anything that shows that it wasn't), and that Hardy pulled a gun in confrontation with his father, then yes that shows him to be very irresponsible at the least.

As if anyone here knows the circumstance that led to a gun being pulled, lol

That's pretty much what I think happened here. The neighbor saw them arguing/fighting and mistook Hardy removing the gun for him drawing the gun.

There was a fistfight between Hardy and his dad. A 73 year old woman heard a loud noise (the fight) in the backyard, called 911 but hung up and didn't file a report. 911 called back, and she said Hardy was armed. The police came and she said he left immediately after he pulled it. His father said nothing happened between the two. That was it.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../NEWS/805130310

No. But we do KNOW it was irresponsible.

Yes. The operative criteria for judging "irresponsibility" these days is making an assumption off an assumption, which makes the second assumption not an assumption, and thus a statement of fact.

:blink:

I thought that's what I just tried to point out? That we were both assuming.

I was just trying to point out the fallacy in the belief that since there was no arrest, there was no crime.

Actually the woman told him to stop the fight, he pulled the gun out and left. You don't know at all that it was irresponsible on his part. It may have been quite responsible, and may not have been. That story and those known reports doesn't at all "show him to be very irresponsible in the least."

There was a fistfight between Hardy and his dad. A 73 year old woman heard a loud noise (the fight) in the backyard, called 911 but hung up and didn't file a report. 911 called back, and she said Hardy was armed. The police came and she said he left immediately after he pulled it. His father said nothing happened between the two. That was it.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../NEWS/805130310

That's what I suspected. So, basically, it was just a fistfight between him and his old man.

Big deal.

Really? So all the cops you've ever talked to have walked into a domestic dispute involving 2 black men with serious records and a firearm and they give them a stern lecture and everyone goes on about their business? Yeah, I'm sure.

No, but by the time the cops arrive, if no one is willing to talk to them (this is what they tell me happens) then there isn't much they can do.

I'm assuming NOTHING. There are virtually no facts available. But you keep going on assasinating the guy's character and recommending solutions to "help him" based on what you "know" and all the "experience" you have from the "cops you've talked to".

You have been assuming it's all a misunderstanding, and that since there was no arrest, there was no crime.

I also have tried to make it clear I'm not out to "assassinate" his character. If the report is true, he showed a lack of good judgment. As I tried to say, showing a lack of good judgment doesn't make him a terrible person, but it should be something that concerns the Bills.

It's no different than the idiots who said something about him carrying a weapon to his mom's house. Dude just got picked to play in the NFL and is going to be making bank. It stands to reason that someone may have threatened him and he took it as credible and wants to protect himself. Bad James. Bad.

Unfortunately, that's not the way a concealed carry license works. You don't just get to draw a gun, if someone threatens you. There has to be a credible threat on your life. If there was a credible threat on Hardy's life, I'm surprised he wasn't able to tell the cops about it, and have that threat arrested.

If he honestly thinks that a threat like that is going to be at his mom's house, and he will need his gun, IMO, the best solution is to not put himself in that situation. That's good judgment. Willingly placing yourself in a life threatening situation is bad judgment.

Actually the woman told him to stop the fight, he pulled the gun out and left. You don't know at all that it was irresponsible on his part. It may have been quite responsible, and may not have been. That story and those known reports doesn't at all "show him to be very irresponsible in the least."

I'm sorry, but he should know not to pull a gun unless there is a credible threat on his life. That's his responsibility.

That's part of being a responsible gun owner/carrier. Pulling out a gun in anger which is what the story sounds like is not being responsible, plain and simple.

When police arrived, the woman said Hardy, also known as James W. Hardy III, had come over to the home and that suddenly she heard a loud noise in her back yard. She looked out to see Hardy “beating up” his 43-year-old father, according to a police report.

The woman said the younger Hardy pulled out a black gun when she yelled for him to stop, according to the report. He then left in his white Cadillac truck. Records indicate Hardy has a permit to carry a gun for protection until 2011.

It doesn't appear that his life was in danger. It also appears he was lucky there was a nosy neighbor that perhaps stopped him from doing something very regrettable.

I'm sorry, but he should know not to pull a gun unless there is a credible threat on his life. That's his responsibility.

That's part of being a responsible gun owner/carrier. Pulling out a gun in anger which is what the story sounds like is not being responsible, plain and simple.

It doesn't appear that his life was in danger. It also appears he was lucky there was a nosy neighbor that perhaps stopped him from doing something very regrettable.

You have ZERO idea what happened. That is just total utter complete nonsense.

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.

YOU ARE ASSUMING EVERYTHING YOU ARE POSTING.

THERE IT IS.