James Hardy

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute. So now because his son was in the room when the altercation occurred, you are accusing him of smacking around his infant son? Funny, he was accused of the altercation with his girlfriend, but NOT of anything relating to his son.

Or lets just believe exactly what the woman said on the phone. Because we all know that no woman ever lies or exaggerates events of the past/present during a fight. :blink:

I don't know about all that, but I betcha Jauron is pissed. I mean, he thought enough of Hardy to wait until the 4th Round to draft his second corner, when he could have nabbed another one in the 2nd and been spared all this drama!!! ;):D:P

Dude, you just don't get it. That's all there is to it.

Who made you the JUDGE?

Because according to the law, he was not allowed to pull it out.

Had this been someone other than his father who would have pressed charges, he could have been charged with brandishing a weapon even if he was pulling it out for his own safety. If the other guy felt threatened when he saw the gun, that's likely enough to get Hardy in trouble.

It's a bad situation that Hardy didn't show enough good judgment to keep himself out of.

Am I wrong in assuming that most of you that think I'm way out in left field on this don't have a concealed carry license?

If so I apologize.

If not, look into it. Look into the classes, and what they should be teaching you when you get a license.

Being licensed to carry a weapon is one of the largest responsibilities you can be licensed for. Talk to a few lawyers or cops about what that license allows you to do, and what it doesn't.

The license doesn't allow you to do whatever you want with a gun. It really puts more responsibility on you than someone who doesn't carry a gun.

That may all be true. But it doesn't matter. He MAY have done something wrong. You're saying he did no matter what and that is what everyone has an issue with. The facts as we know them are that the women told him to stop, then he stopped, then he took out the gun and immediately left. There is nothing to believe he did anything wrong there with those items. It may turn out to not be what happened. But from what we know, there isn't any reason to just assume he handled the responsibility wrong.

Because according to the law, he was not allowed to pull it out.

Had this been someone other than his father who would have pressed charges, he could have been charged with brandishing a weapon even if he was pulling it out for his own safety. If the other guy felt threatened when he saw the gun, that's likely enough to get Hardy in trouble.

It's a bad situation that Hardy didn't show enough good judgment to keep himself out of.

No one has to "press charges" in a gun crime. Jesus Christ.

I have one.

Then you already know the responsibility I'm talking about that comes with carrying a gun. That it's not just something that you're allowed to pull out whenever you feel like it.

So do you think that it was a smart move on his part to take out his gun in the middle/or at the end of a fistfight with his dad?

Am I wrong in assuming that most of you that think I'm way out in left field on this don't have a concealed carry license?

If so I apologize.

If not, look into it. Look into the classes, and what they should be teaching you when you get a license.

Being licensed to carry a weapon is one of the largest responsibilities you can be licensed for. Talk to a few lawyers or cops about what that license allows you to do, and what it doesn't.

The license doesn't allow you to do whatever you want with a gun. It really puts more responsibility on you than someone who doesn't carry a gun.

I understand what you're saying. Normally, you don't want to show a concealed weapon unless you intend to use it. But at the same time, as others have said, we don't know why he drew the weapon. He may have had a perfectly legitimate reason.

Again, what if the weapon had taken a hard jolt in the fight? Should he inspect it as soon as possible? Probably. Maybe the holster was damaged in some way? Who knows. There are just too many variables here to automatically assume that he was irresponsible in the matter. And he may have been.

That may all be true. But it doesn't matter. He MAY have done something wrong. You're saying he did no matter what and that is what everyone has an issue with. The facts as we know them are that the women told him to stop, then he stopped, then he took out the gun and immediately left. There is nothing to believe he did anything wrong there with those items. It may turn out to not be what happened. But from what we know, there isn't any reason to just assume he handled the responsibility wrong.

I'm saying pulling out your gun as someone is yelling at you to stop hitting your dad is not a wise move, no matter his intent. Had it not been his dad, it could have gotten him into a lot of trouble.

Even if he was taking it out for precautionary reasons.

It's not a right/wrong so much as a lack of good judgment. Be more responsible, especially when carrying a gun.

I understand what you're saying. Normally, you don't want to show a concealed weapon unless you intend to use it. But at the same time, as others have said, we don't know why he drew the weapon. He may have had a perfectly legitimate reason.

Again, what if the weapon had taken a hard jolt in the fight? Should he inspect it as soon as possible? Probably. Maybe the holster was damaged in some way? Who knows. There are just too many variables here to automatically assume that he was irresponsible in the matter. And he may have been.

But then you'd be wrong. Joe has told us plain as day that Hardy pulled the gun with intent to use it and needs serious counseling. And joe knows because the little 73 yr old lady saw a gun and called the cops and she obviously knew that Hardy was going to shoot his dad without question. Which is why no charges were filed and the police consider this a closed matter.

But then you'd be wrong. Joe has told us plain as day that Hardy pulled the gun with intent to use it and needs serious counseling. And joe knows because the little 73 yr old lady saw a gun and called the cops and she obviously knew that Hardy was going to shoot his dad without question. Which is why no charges were filed and the police consider this a closed matter.

That about sums it up. :blink:

Then you already know the responsibility I'm talking about that comes with carrying a gun. That it's not just something that you're allowed to pull out whenever you feel like it.

And yet the police didn't charge him with anything.

So do you think that it was a smart move on his part to take out his gun in the middle/or at the end of a fistfight with his dad?

I don't know. I wasn't there. You're basing your entire opinion on a poorly written article devoid of fact. A 73 year-old woman said he "pulled a gun". That could mean any number of things, apparently none of which ellicited a charge despite it being where it was, committed by who it was, with the record he has, in a "zero gun tolerance" society.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No one has to "press charges" in a gun crime. Jesus Christ.

Sorry, perhaps, corroborate the woman's story would have been better.

What if his dad had said that when Hardy pulled out the gun, he was really scared for his life?

What if when his dad saw the gun, he got scared and charged in again thinking to defend himself, or even worse, pulled out his own gun?

Hardy could very well be screwed even if his intentions were to check his gun for safety reasons.

Pulling it out at or near the end of a fistfight isn't smart. That's my point about being responsible with his gun.

Doesn't make Hardy a thug/bad person/wrong. It means at the very least he showed bad judgment, which is all I'm trying to say.

What if his dad had said that when Hardy pulled out the gun, he was really scared for his life?

What if when his dad saw the gun, he got scared and charged in again thinking to defend himself, or even worse, pulled out his own gun?

Hardy could very well be screwed even if his intentions were to check his gun for safety reasons.

Pulling it out at or near the end of a fistfight isn't smart. That's my point about being responsible with his gun.

Doesn't make Hardy a thug/bad person/wrong. It means at the very least he showed bad judgment, which is all I'm trying to say.

Damn. one more " What if" and I'd have been done. :blink:

It would seem so, yes.

Maybe he needs to be told to cut ties. Maybe he needs to be reminded not to kick his baby momma's ass any more.

Maybe dear old dad shows up at Mom's and threatens her. Maybe a giant meteo was headed for the backyard and Hardy thought he could knock it down with his peashooter. Who knows?

None of us certainly do...

...You're basing your entire opinion on a poorly written article devoid of fact. A 73 year-old woman said he "pulled a gun". That could mean any number of things, ...

He is a 6'7" black dude. He probably has a lot of parts on him which could be misinterpreted as a large firearm or weapon of mass destruction.

And yet the police didn't charge him with anything.

I don't know. I wasn't there. You're basing your entire opinion on a poorly written article devoid of fact. A 73 year-old woman said he "pulled a gun". That could mean any number of things, apparently none of which ellicited a charge despite it being where it was, committed by who it was, with the record he has, in a "zero gun tolerance" society.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

He's not going to get charged if there are conflicting stories about what happened.

73 year old woman says he was beating his dad, took out his gun, and drove off.

Dad says the nothing happend.

This morning, the elder Hardy said there was no altercation and no gunplay involved. “I love my son,” he said numerous times. “My son and I, our relationship is fine.” He said he wished to put closure on the incident.

No charges are gonna happen, because the cops have conflicting stories. Not because Hardy didn't actually take out his gun (for whatever reason).

Damn. one more " What if" and I'd have been done. :blink:

These what-ifs are things you should be thinking about before taking on the responsibility of carrying a firearm.

What happens if I draw my gun in this situation...

What happens if I draw my gun in that situation...

Holy crap, I never said that he intended to use his gun.

What if your head was as big as your front door? Would it still fit up your ass? No one has even established for certain he even pulled a gun! For all you know, the 73 year-old woman could be blind in one eye with glaucoma in the other and Hardy could have been playing lawn jarts. But that's not gonna stop you!

Can you not just admit you don't have anywhere near the facts required to make such judgements? You know, our media spends the majority of their time reporting this crap for just this reason - to illicit a bunch of emotional and judgemental response and try people in the court of public opinion.