James Hardy

These what-ifs are things you should be thinking about before taking on the responsibility of carrying a firearm.

What happens if I draw my gun in this situation...

What happens if I draw my gun in that situation...

Well then, i suppose my co-workers in the lab should call the cops on me everyday, since i draw my knife on a daily basis. Sure i am only taking it out to open a package, but according to you, intention doesnt matter because i am drawing my knife and showing bad judgement and i obviously need counseling.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then, i suppose my co-workers in the lab should call the cops on me everyday, since i draw my knife on a daily basis. Sure i am only taking it out to open a package, but according to you, intention doesnt matter because i am drawing my knife and showing bad judgement and i obviously need counseling.

Do you need a license for your knife?

A knife is a utility tool that can have many uses as compared to a handgun that you are licensed to use in life threatening situations only.

If you pulled out your gun, and started shooting the tops off the packages, then yes, they should call the cops on you.

He's not going to get charged if there are conflicting stories about what happened.

73 year old woman says he was beating his dad, took out his gun, and drove off.

Dad says the nothing happend.

No charges are gonna happen, because the cops have conflicting stories. Not because Hardy didn't actually take out his gun (for whatever reason).

How did we go from "fighting with his father" and "in an argument" and "father showed no signs of injury" all the way to "beating his dad?" :blink:

These what-ifs are things you should be thinking about before taking on the responsibility of carrying a firearm.

What happens if I draw my gun in this situation...

What happens if I draw my gun in that situation...

You're right, but also realize that this wasn't an altercation between two strangers on the street. This was his dad. They presumably know each other very well. Hardy probably knew that his father wouldn't feel threatened by whatever action he was taking. Maybe that falls outside of the 'by the book' rules of gun ownership, but its also a strong possibility in its own right.

I know that if I'd just had a heated argument/fight with my dad and a minute later, he started checking a .357, I wouldn't be too concerned at all.

You're right. They dont require any training prior to getting a licence to carry a firearm. Sorry, I was wrong.

How did we go from "fighting with his father" and "in an argument" and "father showed no signs of injury" all the way to "beating his dad?" :blink:

Just trying to go by what the article says:

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../NEWS/805130310

When police arrived, the woman said Hardy, also known as James W. Hardy III, had come over to the home and that suddenly she heard a loud noise in her back yard. She looked out to see Hardy “beating up” his 43-year-old father, according to a police report.

I had that thought as well...until I realized this entire thread is the antithesis of thought and promply banished it from my mind.

No one has to "press charges" in a gun crime. Jesus Christ.

Whats JC have to do with this? Something tells me that you are firing off rounds at a target out your window right now, the board is dripping with anger!!

Whats everyone got their panties all in a bunch about gun laws for? Bottom line is that if I were Hardy from here on in, no matter what happened with his dad, I would become invisible. With Goddell suspending J Allen for DUI's along with the pacmans henrys etc, and Hardy having a prior record, dont make yourself more of a blip on Goddells radar screen coming into the league as a rookie...before even signing a contract. We all heard from him around the draft how much he has 'matured' and grown up - when these stories come out, people will make assumptions (including his bosses) and that aura will follow him around.

Did I mention guns should be outlawed?

Just trying to go by what the article says:

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../NEWS/805130310

So if he was "beating up" his dad so bad, why would he need to pull his gun?

All you need to say is that you dont have enough information on the topic to make an informed decision. But, apparently, AKC has lent you his entrenching tool, and you are hell bent on digging deeper.

Because according to the law, he was not allowed to pull it out.

Had this been someone other than his father who would have pressed charges, he could have been charged with brandishing a weapon even if he was pulling it out for his own safety. If the other guy felt threatened when he saw the gun, that's likely enough to get Hardy in trouble.

It's a bad situation that Hardy didn't show enough good judgment to keep himself out of.

Was Hardy on his family's private property? If he was I would think he could pull out his gun in the open without breaking any law.

Whats JC have to do with this?

It's called emphasis. Plus I like doing the whole "imaginary friend's name in vain" thing.

Something tells me that you are firing off rounds at a target out your window right now, the board is dripping with anger!!

You're a real perceptive guy.

Whats everyone got their panties all in a bunch about gun laws for? Bottom line is that if I were Hardy from here on in, no matter what happened with his dad, I would become invisible. With Goddell suspending J Allen for DUI's along with the pacmans henrys etc, and Hardy having a prior record, dont make yourself more of a blip on Goddells radar screen coming into the league as a rookie...before even signing a contract. We all heard from him around the draft how much he has 'matured' and grown up - when these stories come out, people will make assumptions (including his bosses) and that aura will follow him around.

Especially when the tards just can't admit that they're judging completely without facts. But nice job comparing this to Pacman, etc. Way to perpetuate the stupidity.

Did I mention guns should be outlawed?

Good thing you'll never be in any position to make that happen.

I don't care if you have a Hand gun license or not. If you brandish a gun in a threatening manner at someone you are not going to walk away free. It's obvious the police have no issue as to what happened so why should we?

The best thing for Hardy is to be in buffalo so he can be around a group of men. With luck one of the players on this team will be able to teach him the ways of the NFL amd life. Hardy needs to take his Son and turn his back on everyone from his past including his parents. I have serious doubts that his parents intentions with his success is anything positive.

It's called emphasis. Plus I like doing the whole "imaginary friend's name in vain" thing.

You're a real perceptive guy.

Especially when the tards just can't admit that they're judging completely without facts. But nice job comparing this to Pacman, etc. Way to perpetuate the stupidity.

Good thing you'll never be in any position to make that happen.

Your reading comprehension skills are off the charts!! Taking my statement to equal me comparing Hardy to Pacman IS YOU perpetuating the instigation of this argument.

And for your other responses, take a deep breath and appreciate some sarcasm. Remember we are all Bills fans here....

Was Hardy on his family's private property? If he was I would think he could pull out his gun in the open without breaking any law.

Nah.

Here in OH, you can legally carry an un-concealed weapon. A rifle or bow over your shoulder, a Buntline Special on the hip, a machete, etc.

But then you get arrested and charged with "inducing panic", private property or not. Someone just needs to cry. I'm sure if I cleaned a firearm, or a BB gun, on my front porch, somebody driving by would eventually make a call and the SWAT team would show up, slam me to the ground and haul me away.

Probably the same in Hardy's locale... :blink: