James Hardy

Do you think that there might be something wrong with you?

Well, I do become frustrated with folks who think they have all the answers, particularly when it's impossible for them to know all of the facts.

Is that a character flaw of mine?

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me try and recall all the times I've heard of charges not being filed or police dropping an investigation when a firearm was brandished without good reason.

Well, that didn't take long...

I came up with the same results, although it took me a little longer :flirt:

Here are two possible scenarios:

Setup: Mothers' Day at the Hardy house - BBQ, Beers, Steak, Ribs, Burgers etc...

Scene 1 - Take 1 - And....ACTION!

Ex-convict Mr. Hardy gets belligerent and threatens Mrs. Hardy with a steak knife.

James turns to his father and says "Put the knife down you low-life, pathetic excuse for a father!"

[Mr. Hardy refuses and advances even further]

James pulls his registered, legal handgun out and points at his father: "I swear if I have to do it I will! This isn't prison, dad. You can't go around threatening people! Gosh!"

Father apologizes. Everyone is ok. They all eat cake.

CUT!

or...

Scene 2 - Take 1 - And....ACTION!

Mr. Hardy: This steak is perfect! Can you pass me the A1, please?

James (pulls out gun): To hell with A1. I wanted KC Masterpiece! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!

Family screams and everyone runs for cover.

CUT!

I give you these two ridiculous scenarios (that are based on absolutely nothing) because that's what we know...nothing! We have no idea what the situation was before the altercation. All we know is "guns = bad" and we're ready to crucify the fan-proclaimed "Savior of the Bills."

I'm reserving judgement until if/when we hear more details. A lot of people on these boards compare these stories to their own lives and are blown away. When you throw an ex-con and a handgun into any situation it can get pretty hairy very quickly. No charges have been filed. No problem.

Well, I do become frustrated with folks who think they have all the answers, particularly when it's impossible for them to know all of the facts.

Is that a character flaw of mine?

I actually do have all of the answers about everything. Today there is a 30% chance of rain and an NFL player pulling a gun on someone.

Do you think that there might be something wrong with you?

For emphasis' sake:

Let me try and recall all the times I've heard of charges not being filed or police dropping an investigation when a firearm was brandished without good reason.

Well, that didn't take long...

Here are two possible scenarios:

Setup: Mothers' Day at the Hardy house - BBQ, Beers, Steak, Ribs, Burgers etc...

Scene 1 - Take 1 - And....ACTION!

Ex-convict Mr. Hardy gets belligerent and threatens Mrs. Hardy with a steak knife.

James turns to his father and says "Put the knife down you low-life, pathetic excuse for a father!"

[Mr. Hardy refuses and advances even further]

James pulls his registered, legal handgun out and points at his father: "I swear if I have to do it I will! This isn't prison, dad. You can't go around threatening people! Gosh!"

Father apologizes. Everyone is ok. They all eat cake.

CUT!

or...

Scene 2 - Take 1 - And....ACTION!

Mr. Hardy: This steak is perfect! Can you pass me the A1, please?

James (pulls out gun): To hell with A1. I wanted KC Masterpiece! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!

Family screams and everyone runs for cover.

CUT!

I give you these two ridiculous scenarios (that are based on absolutely nothing) because that's what we know...nothing! We have no idea what the situation was before the altercation. All we know is "guns = bad" and we're ready to crucify the fan-proclaimed "Savior of the Bills."

I'm reserving judgement until if/when we hear more details. A lot of people on these boards compare these stories to their own lives and are blown away. When you throw an ex-con and a handgun into any situation it can get pretty hairy very quickly. No charges have been filed. No problem.

You don't put A1 or KC Masterpiece on a good steak. :flirt: I didn't realize the problem was this big, cut him now...course I don't know that we can cut him if he isn't signed yet, so don't sign him!

i agree the kid needs to make better moves and avoid the negative element -- but what is with the gun hate?

what part of france is orchard park in?

guy has a constitutional G-damn right to own weapons. for all we know his father WAS threatening him.

Do you take your gun with you to a mothers day bbq? Think for a second.

Let's see. The father did not file a complaint, there was a permit. Neighbor called the police. Sounds like a non-starter to me. I think since we don't know the facts and no complaint was filed we might just withold judgment. I'm not looking for Mother Teresa, I'm just looking for a No. 2 receiver.

Concealed carry permit holders almost never commit gun crimes.

When TX allowed CC several years ago, there were dire predictions of blood in the streets. Didn't happen. Same was said about KY a few years ago. The carnage failed to materialize.

And consider VT - a liberal, largely Democratic state that allows CC without any permit. Note that VT has low crime rates. :flirt:

VT's laws:

http://carryconcealed.net/legal/vermont-ccw-state-laws.php

Concealed carry permit holders almost never commit gun crimes.

When TX allowed CC several years ago, there were dire predictions of blood in the streets. Didn't happen. Same was said about KY a few years ago. The carnage failed to materialize.

And consider VT - a liberal, largely Democratic state that allows CC without any permit. Note that VT low crime rates. :flirt:

VT's laws:

http://carryconcealed.net/legal/vermont-ccw-state-laws.php

Alaska's laws are pretty much identical to Vermont's. I guarantee there'd be CCW's at family gatherings here...

For emphasis' sake:

I already posted that the father is no saint. To do 9 years, he was caught doing something very serious, and probably had a sheet. Did he make a threat? Who knows?

That said, and as Simon alluded to, I don't see where any of us really have the right to be surprised. All we can do is hope that the kid gets help, doesn't hurt anyone, and plays well.

I already posted that the father is no saint. To do 9 years, he was caught doing something very serious, and probably had a sheet. Did he make a threat? Who knows?

That said, and as Simon alluded to, I don't see where any of us really have the right to be surprised. All we can do is hope that the kid gets help, doesn't hurt anyone, and plays well.

lol, a guy pulls a gun on his father, who just so happened to be in prison for 9-years, we have no idea what the situation of this encounter was, and he needs help.

You mean because everyone's situation is exactly the same, right? Jesus Christ, do you people every leave your !@#$ing neighborhood?

If you really justify arming yourself to go to a family get together than I wonder what part of Alaska you are from South Central?

Cmon, I grew up in South Florida its no pic nic.

lol, a guy pulls a gun on his father, who just so happened to be in prison for 9-years, we have no idea what the situation of this encounter was, and he needs help.

It would seem so, yes.

Maybe he needs to be told to cut ties. Maybe he needs to be reminded not to kick his baby momma's ass any more.

The kid probably had a very tough life. Needing help is not something to be ashamed of, is it?

If you really justify arming yourself to go to a family get together than I wonder what part of Alaska you are from South Central?

Cmon, I grew up in South Florida its no pic nic.

"'Tis better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it..."

"Chance favors the prepared man"

"Be prepared"

"Keep your powder dry"

"Pass the mother!@#$ing potato salad before I put a sphincter in your forehead".