Forget Marshawn-I want to draft this guy for RB

Pete

Brian Leonard

Complete, all around back. Is an excellent receiver and can even line up at WR. Can play FB and is a character guy. Would be worth a second round pick. Say no to Marshawn-lets get a complete back

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/...ayers/7035.html

Now I am far from a college ball or draft guru but isn't everyone saying that Lynch is the best all around back in this years draft class?

Brian Leonard

Complete, all around back. Is an excellent receiver and can even line up at WR. Can play FB and is a character guy. Would be worth a second round pick. Say no to Marshawn-lets get a complete back

2nd Round Pick :thumbsup:, I'd take him with the second 3rd to go along with Marshawn....that would be sick but we do have other areas to address as well.

Brian Leonard

Hmmmm, Never heard of him, you must be the first person to mention him

Seems like he will go in the late 2nd, or sometime in the third.

Hmmmm, Never heard of him, you must be the first person to mention him

Seems like he will go in the late 2nd, or sometime in the third.

It seems like this goes in cycles - I guess we're back to Leonard now. If I estimate it properly next Wednesday will start the next Irons/Hunt cycle - provided we get off of the "Peterson will be there at #12" cycle today. What's even more funny, and respectable in terms of persistence, is the "Marshawn Lynch lobby". These guys are the most organized and the best at consistently getting the message out. :worthy: :worthy: :thumbsup: These guys have done a great job getting a Lynch post out every 2 days - regardless of what cycle we are in.

It seems like this goes in cycles - I guess we're back to Leonard now. If I estimate it properly next Wednesday will start the next Irons/Hunt cycle - provided we get off of the "Peterson will be there at #12" cycle today. What's even more funny, and respectable in terms of persistence, is the "Marshawn Lynch lobby". These guys are the most organized and the best at consistently getting the message out. :):nana::blink: These guys have done a great job getting a Lynch post out every 2 days - regardless of what cycle we are in.

sorry I have not seen Leonard discussed here before

We will only draft one offensive player this draft, and thats going to happen either in the first or 2nd....

That may be true on the first day of the draft, but I'd be shocked if its true for the rest of the draft. That would give the Bills 13 defenders with 1 year of experience or less.

Now I am far from a college ball or draft guru but isn't everyone saying that Lynch is the best all around back in this years draft class?

Warroom on Leonard:

Receiving skills: Is outstanding; has better hands and receiving skills than most NFL tailbacks. Can run numerous pass routes. Has lined up as wide receiver. Grade: 9.0

Warroom on Lynch:

Hands/routes: Didn't do much as a receiver in college. Must improve route-running skills and hands. Is primarily a safety valve. Grade: 6.0

Warroom on Leonard:

Receiving skills: Is outstanding; has better hands and receiving skills than most NFL tailbacks. Can run numerous pass routes. Has lined up as wide receiver. Grade: 9.0

Warroom on Lynch:

Hands/routes: Didn't do much as a receiver in college. Must improve route-running skills and hands. Is primarily a safety valve. Grade: 6.0

"I like his hands," said Buffalo coach Dick Jauron, whose team selects 12th and also needs a running back after trading Willis McGahee last week. "He can really catch the ball, so he'll be an every-down back for somebody. I like that."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=576983

sorry I have not seen Leonard discussed here before

No need to apologize to me! I'm just making an observation. It seems like there are lots of unknowns right now, and, since the draft is still over a month away, we seem to be hearing the same thing over and over again, cause there ain't nothing new to talk about.

The thing is - it seems to me that there are never any threads on the first page(which is all anyone checks) about the topic you want to talk about - so you post it - only to be told "we already talked about that" :blink: Which, in and of itself, is funny because God forbid you talk football on TSW by posting what you want to talk about today. And, who the hell wants to read through five pages of marginal posts with some good ones sprinkled in, from two weeks ago? Things change.

So that's the other side of the story. I dunno - I think this will all get worse before it gets better. Draft day cannot come fast enough for this board.

oh man... please let this be another sarcastic thread

Hmm - would you be happier if it was another Lynch/Willis/Okoye thread? As if those horses haven't been beaten down to atomic level. :blink: I really like this guy so I'm glad that we are talking about him.

2nd Round Pick :blink:, I'd take him with the second 3rd to go along with Marshawn....that would be sick but we do have other areas to address as well.

If you want to use a third on him it would have to be in a trade...cause I would bet the house that Leonard is gone by the end of the 2nd.

I'd be very happy with a Chris Brown/A Train/Brian Leonard trio. Leonard will immediately be a good third down back as he can catch and block. He'd save a roster space for a fullback. He'd be insurance if Chris Brown got hurt. He'd immediately be a good short yardage and goalline back. The dude runs very hard and can leap a mile. All three run differently. That's a committee I could definitely get behind for a year to see if it works out.

I love the guy and would take him over any of the 2nd tier RB's. We would have to take him in the second, if he is there. He'll be long gone by the 3rd. I would be far more surprised to see him fall to the 3rd than I would if he slipped into the 1st. He's going to be a solid weapon for whoever drafts him.

Brian Leonard

Leonard had 93 carries and 423 yards while Lynch had 223 carries and 1,356 yards. Leonard had 38 catches for 294 yards and zero TDs. Lynch had 34 catches for 328 yards and 4 TDs. Lynch is 215 lbs and runs a 4.46, Leonard is 226 lbs and runs a 4.51.

If Leonard is such a better all around back than Lynch, why did Lynch get 257 touches while Leonard only got 131? I like to see overachievers and underdogs do well as much as the next guy but with the future of our team at stake and the possibility that it might leave Buffalo before too long, why would we pass on a talent like Lynch for a guy who wasn't even the featured back on his college team? On Rutgers???

Crushes and puppy love are for dating, not drafting.

I watched this kid play all year for Rutgers, and let me say, he is a "Bills" type of player. The guy is all effort all of the time, the kind of guy that reminds you of Steve tasker. No, he's not real quick, but he catches the ball very well, and if he's used in the right system I think he will be a very solid Pro.

Also, let me add, there is no way we should be looking at him, unless he falls to the 4th round.......which he won't. We have to many other needs, and he's more of a situational back, as opposed to an every down type of player.

I'm real high on Leonard - maybe not as "the guy" in a running attack, but he'd great as one half of a two-back tandem. His versatility will make him a great value for whoever gets him.

On mock had him going to the Pats at #28 (in the mold of some of their "out of left field" type picks), and I wouldn't mind that.

I watched this kid play all year for Rutgers, and let me say, he is a "Bills" type of player. The guy is all effort all of the time, the kind of guy that reminds you of Steve tasker. No, he's not real quick, but he catches the ball very well, and if he's used in the right system I think he will be a very solid Pro.

Leonard isnt quick? <_< what are you smoking?

Leonard had 93 carries and 423 yards while Lynch had 223 carries and 1,356 yards. Leonard had 38 catches for 294 yards and zero TDs. Lynch had 34 catches for 328 yards and 4 TDs. Lynch is 215 lbs and runs a 4.46, Leonard is 226 lbs and runs a 4.51.

If Leonard is such a better all around back than Lynch, why did Lynch get 257 touches while Leonard only got 131? I like to see overachievers and underdogs do well as much as the next guy but with the future of our team at stake and the possibility that it might leave Buffalo before too long, why would we pass on a talent like Lynch for a guy who wasn't even the featured back on his college team? On Rutgers???

Crushes and puppy love are for dating, not drafting.

I'm not saying that I'm on the Leonard bandwagon, but it's amazing that he got as many touches as he did. Ray Rice, Rutgers' feature back, is an absolute animal and will most likely be a 1st round pick next year. He was the 2nd leading rusher in the nation this year.

Rice's stats:

335 car. 1794 yds. 5.4 avg. 20 TDs

He carried the ball more than Lynch and Leonard combined.

Rutgers wasn't bad this year....and Leonard was a big part of that.

Leonard isnt quick? :thumbsup: what are you smoking?

I'm a non-smoker. <_< let me say it another way. He doesn't have blazing speed. In other words, if you were one of the people that was annoyed with Willis, and his lack of break away speed, Leonard isn't going to make you happy either.

I'm not saying that I'm on the Leonard bandwagon, but it's amazing that he got as many touches as he did. Ray Rice, Rutgers' feature back, is an absolute animal and will most likely be a 1st round pick next year. He was the 2nd leading rusher in the nation this year.

Rice's stats:

335 car. 1794 yds. 5.4 avg. 20 TDs

He carried the ball more than Lynch and Leonard combined.

Rutgers wasn't bad this year....and Leonard was a big part of that.

Exactly. Ray Rice kind of came from nowhere this year to be completely dominant. Brian Leonard should be judged on 4 years of football at Rutgers, where he has done some truly amazing things...Not too often you see a FB being a school's all time leading receiver.