Age of TBD Poster who is for or against JP

diver

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29- I don't think that we have a choice but to give him the whole year since we don't have any other options. But once the offseason rolls around, QB should be added to this list of things to be addressed.

27- Longtime JP supporter but I am done making excuses for him.  The line is what it is.  The receivers are what they are.  The RB is what he is.  The coaching and playcalling is what it is.  Enough is enough, there comes a time when plays have to be made.  This is not a playoff team, but JP has the skills to make things happen- he just hasn't been.

That said, any option other than Losman signifies total disaster.  Holcomb we know about.  Nobody wants that. 

Nall played for Green Bay.  It was said the Packers thought highly of him.  Then they drafted Aaron Rodgers.  Then they let Nall walk before they even knew if Favre was returning for this season or not.  How highly did they REALLY think of Nall???  He is not the long-term answer, IMO. 

Drafting another QB and it's another three years before expectations can be raised.  We NEED Losman to succeed.  It never really occurred to me that he wouldn't, I always thought he would be pretty damn good.  I am wondering now....

827704[/snapback]

I am 31 and I agree with the above. My brother has been calling for Nall, and I have questioned why he thinks Nall is so good, and I referred to Green Bay's handling of him. Nall said he wanted a chance to start, so he leaves a team where they didn't know if the starter was returning and only a green rookie as the other QB, and comes to Buffalo where they have a 3rd-year 1st round pick with starter experience, and a veteran backup. Seemed strange.

I am all for JP, but I also need to see more out of him. These last eight games will be a good opportunity for him. Four home, four away...Some good defenses (SD, Jax) some bad defenses (Hou, Ten), two divisional games, and a few cold weather home games. He has the chance to show what he's capable of, let's hope he does it.

I am 31 and I agree with the above.  My brother has been calling for Nall, and I have questioned why he thinks Nall is so good, and I referred to Green Bay's handling of him.  Nall said he wanted a chance to start, so he leaves a team where they didn't know if the starter was returning and only a green rookie as the other QB, and comes to Buffalo where they have a 3rd-year 1st round pick with starter experience, and a veteran backup.  Seemed strange.

I am all for JP, but I also need to see more out of him.  These last eight games will be a good opportunity for him.  Four home, four away...Some good defenses (SD, Jax) some bad defenses (Hou, Ten), two divisional games, and a few cold weather home games.  He has the chance to show what he's capable of, let's hope he does it.

828106[/snapback]

25 and a Losman supporter. I will take a game like Sunday all the time if he can mix in a few games like the Vikings every now and then.

Crashing down on 40 and still believe that JP deserves the whole season.

He also deserves a line that can handle a blitz and a coordinator that can hide the weaknesses of the team rather than highlight them.

WAIT A MINUTE! WAIT A MINUTE!

I was on the board Sunday and Monday and there were like 20,000 twelve-year-olds here. How come they're not chiming in now???

828071[/snapback]

they get home from school around 3 pm

35 - I originally felt that JP should get the whole year, and I guess I know deep inside that he needs the whole year. But I can't help but think he should have about 6 games left. And that's only if JP does not show any signs of progressing, then we may need to throw Nall in there just to see if he can do anything. I would just hate to go through this whole year and still have questions with his ability. Damn I hate this, I just hope JP can turn that corner in the next few weeks and give us some hope for next year.

30 and unsure about his future. I want to see him with a revamped line and a Plaxico Burress type WR before dumping him. I'm against going after Schaub and don't want Brady Quinn or a draft pick either. One more year before the dreaded 1st round gamble on a QB. I beleve we have solid TE we just don't throw to em enough to help JP out either. Where are the rollout with a TE dumpoff or option to run? We need to run some of those plays like Denver does, they are perfect for JP.

43 and i am good for this year and next if other issues are addressed

I am 49 and I am for giving JP a full year.    I have been a fan since I was old enough to watch TV.    I remember the good and the bad years but have always been a fan.  Just curious.  Is this an age thing.  Younger fans want to give up sooner and do not have the wisdom or knowledge of maybe giving this guy a chance.  Post your age and your opinion to dump or let him finish a year.

827597[/snapback]

55 ......... and long time Bills QB supporter, who just happens to think JP pretty much sucks.

However, I'd like to see him get the rest of the year just for "closure" and to shut up the people who think the light will turn on in X number of games ......... but I guess they never will ...... if he only got 8 games they'd say he needs 10 ..... if he gets 10 he'd need 12 ...... if he gets 12 he needs 16 ....... if he gets 16 he needs a whole season in a row not 16 spread over two seasons ad nausium.

I'm sorry to say to all of the flamers that I don't have any answers other than the brain trust at One Bills Drive should know by now what we have in JP, and they need to audition some new talent. IMHO they already know what Holcomb brings to the party, and our third stringer really hasn't been given an opportunity, but they really REALLY need to know if we should be looking for one QB or three QBs next season.

The biggest thing that bothers me is ...... last off season Brees and Culpepper were free agents (granted, in hind sight Donte would have been a poor pick up) and everybody knew McNairs days were numbered. The front office didn't really seem enamoured with any of our QB options, and we didn't even give Drew, Donte or Steve a look see.