Age of TBD Poster who is for or against JP

diver

I am 49 and I am for giving JP a full year. I have been a fan since I was old enough to watch TV. I remember the good and the bad years but have always been a fan. Just curious. Is this an age thing. Younger fans want to give up sooner and do not have the wisdom or knowledge of maybe giving this guy a chance. Post your age and your opinion to dump or let him finish a year.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 49 and I am for giving JP a full year.    I have been a fan since I was old enough to watch TV.    I remember the good and the bad years but have always been a fan.  Just curious.  Is this an age thing.  Younger fans want to give up sooner and do not have the wisdom or knowledge of maybe giving this guy a chance.  Post your age and your opinion to dump or let him finish a year.

827597[/snapback]

22 and i say give him a chance

29 (30 in a couple months) - give him the rest of the year....he's the best QB we've got...re-evaluate at the end of the year...I don't think you'll get a true read until next season is underway...he could suck the rest of the way and grow over the offseason...has happened before...If he really picks it up, they won't bring in much more competition, if he doesn't; he'll be challenged by Nall and a new QB

27- Longtime JP supporter but I am done making excuses for him. The line is what it is. The receivers are what they are. The RB is what he is. The coaching and playcalling is what it is. Enough is enough, there comes a time when plays have to be made. This is not a playoff team, but JP has the skills to make things happen- he just hasn't been.

That said, any option other than Losman signifies total disaster. Holcomb we know about. Nobody wants that.

Nall played for Green Bay. It was said the Packers thought highly of him. Then they drafted Aaron Rodgers. Then they let Nall walk before they even knew if Favre was returning for this season or not. How highly did they REALLY think of Nall??? He is not the long-term answer, IMO.

Drafting another QB and it's another three years before expectations can be raised. We NEED Losman to succeed. It never really occurred to me that he wouldn't, I always thought he would be pretty damn good. I am wondering now....