Age of TBD Poster who is for or against JP

diver

Nice post macaroni. Like you said, if we bring in a couple Olinemen and a legit #2 WR, wait! aren't there 3 of em' already here? Well, like I said how about a big Plaxico Burress type, what cha gonna say then if there isn't any difference? Anyways, I don't like Schaub or Brady Quinn so I'd rather let JP and Nall battle it out next training camp and focus on other areas for now.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Half a century! I'm firmly in the column of providing a supporting cast for Mr. Losman. The evaluation is faulty if you understand the limits this team straps him with. If J.P. cannot produce from game one next year with what I'm praying is a sounder offense, then the dye would be cast, IMO. Franchise QB's do not, let me repeat, DO NOT grow on trees, so the braintrust at OBD has to be very sure about the assessment that is taking place. A bonified #2 reciever, a seam running threat at TE, and at least two new starters from either the draft or free agency on the OL. This has to be done before anyone can convince me he does or DOESN'T have "it" !!!

41- I would give JP the rest of the year to show some measurable improvement. He is better this year than last, but he needs to be better still. I am not necessarilly talking wins, or gaudy stats, just decent, consistant play from week to week.

However, my one qulifier, if, by week 13 he is still playing the way he has the last few weeks, I wouldn't be too upset to see Nall get a few starts. If JP hasn't started to play more consistanly by then, he isn't the answer for next year. If he is showing progress, and looks like a viable option for next year, keep him playing.

I can't think of any circumstance, barring injuries to both JP and Nall, under which I would want to see Holcomb starting.

I'm 26 and JP has had his full year. 

Never sensed that it was an age thing; though I always got the feeling Flutie-RJ was a Democrat/Republican thing.

828785[/snapback]

Thinking that JP has had a full year is the kind of logic that boggles my mind.

Forgive me for reiterating something I posted a couple of weeks ago, but I'm curious:

If you took a job with a company, and a month into your new job you got hurt on the job and was on Workmans Comp for two months, and in your third month they gave you a new boss and a new direction for the company, and six months later they give you yet another new boss and yet another new direction for the company and they keep putting you in charge of people one day, then putting someone else in charge of the same people, then putting you back in charge, then someone else in charge...how would you feel when you sat down at your annual review and they said "Well, we can't give you a raise because you haven't performed to our expectations all year and if you don't improve in three months, we're going to fire you."?

You know how you'd react? You'd say "!@#$ you, douchebags. All you've done is set me up to fail and not once have I been given a consistent opportunity."

Or maybe not. Maybe you'd say "You know what? You're right. I suck. It's time for me to go."

Thinking that JP has had a full year is the kind of logic that boggles my mind.

Forgive me for reiterating something I posted a couple of weeks ago, but I'm curious:

If you took a job with a company, and a month into your new job you got hurt on the job and was on Workmans Comp for two months, and in your third month they gave you a new boss and a new direction for the company, and six months later they give you yet another new boss and yet another new direction for the company and they keep putting you in charge of people one day, then putting someone else in charge of the same people, then putting you back in charge, then someone else in charge...how would you feel when you sat down at your annual review and they said "Well, we can't give you a raise because you haven't performed to our expectations all year and if you don't improve in three months, we're going to fire you."?

You know how you'd react? You'd say "!@#$ you, douchebags. All you've done is set me up to fail and not once have I been given a consistent opportunity."

Or maybe not. Maybe you'd say "You know what? You're right. I suck. It's time for me to go."

828793[/snapback]

That's cute and all, but I'm ok with agreeing to disagree on how valuable last year's experience was (I think the benefits were more than non-negligable just because the coaching staff is different).

I don't think it's an outrage or anything if he's not benched this year; if Levy & Jauron want to play out the string that's fine by me. I just have a funny feeling that if he's still not performing by Week 17, many of the apologists will reneg on their "give him the year" stance and continue the excuses into the summer & training camp next year.

30, unsure of JP. I am for giving him a full year. Even if we lose out from here, he has got to play better ball. Get Rid of The Ball quicker, take fewer sacks if at all possible, and learn to pack the rock away.

I have also noticed, not sure that it has been commented on, his long ball has really been off target (short or inaccurate). I thought that was one of his best strengths and he hasn't showed it off very well lately.

18 - I had a good amount in confidence in JP at the beginning of this season, and I still have a relatively decent amount.

I'm all for letting him develop and play, but I think the most essential part of his development is placing a real NFL caliber line in front of him.

45 - We have very little choice but to let him prove himself THIS year. If he proves that he should be the starter - great. If not, get someone else in here to compete with him for the starting job next year.

I have also noticed, not sure that it has been commented on, his long ball has really been off target (short or inaccurate).  I thought that was one of his best strengths and he hasn't showed it off very well lately.

829028[/snapback]

That is why people say he has been regressing the last few weeks. You are right, his accurate long-ball is supposed to be his strength. His touch on the short pass has always been a little suspect. IMO, he is overthrowing and underthrowing on his deep passes, because he is trying to avoid throwing interceptions. He is as equally worried about throwning a pick, as he is concerned about completing a pass. They really need to alter this offense to fit him, and let him have some sustained success.