JP Losman I have been a supporter

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Losman didn't fumble. He didn't throw into coverage. He didn't throw inaccurate passes for the most part. He protected the ball and that's half the battle when most of the Bills on the field are bad.

Royal and Evans both dropped passes that hit their hands and would otherwise have been big gains in the first half. And on most of the sacks, Losman was sacked by one Packer while another one or two were right there ready to sack him. The offensive line was pretty terrible today with the exception of Peters.

I'd take what Losman did today over what Favre did.

I love it. JP played bad, the O-line played bad, the receivers dropped balls, Willis leaves in first series. Conclusion: JP sucks bench him.

JP finally does something. Stands in till the last possible second with a defender right in his face and throws a 40 yard pass without being able to step into it. Touchdown.

JP still sucks, anyone could have made that pass.

Beautiful. Talk about not being able to do anything right.

That's the only thing he did right. Locking on to recievers, knowing the blitz is coming(everone could see it) and still not getting rid of it. He got away with some throws as well. I AM NOT a JP hater. I just have doubts about him being the future of this team. Just because some people critique him does not mean they hate him. Hell, the whole offense sucks and should have lost this game for the team today. Only Peters, Evans and McGahee are keepers if you ask me.

I love it.  JP played bad, the O-line played bad, the receivers dropped balls, Willis leaves in first series.  Conclusion: JP sucks bench him. 

JP finally does something.  Stands in till the last possible second with a defender right in his face and throws a 40 yard pass without being able to step into it.  Touchdown. 

Beautiful.  Talk about not being able to do anything right.

825634[/snapback]

There are some truly f***ing aholes contributors on this board. The ones that complained about JP's throw on that TD are in the first rank of that group. I just saw the replay. Get F***ed aholes.

There are some truly f***ing aholes contributors on this board.  The ones that complained about JP's throw on that TD are in the first rank of that group.  I just saw the replay.  Get F***ed aholes.

825654[/snapback]

Exactly. My first thought was what a lucky pass. THEN I saw the replay. Standing in there and making that throw was huge. And at a critical time in the game when we absolutely needed something.

I don't think one play excuses the whole day. But, you've got to give JP credit for a big pass a critical time.

There are some truly f***ing aholes contributors on this board.  The ones that complained about JP's throw on that TD are in the first rank of that group.  I just saw the replay.  Get F***ed aholes.

825654[/snapback]

Amen brother. When you start complaininbg about your quarterback who did not fumble, did not throw an interception, threw the game deciding touchdown bomb in the fourth quarter then you need to either stop watching or shut the f up. This ragging on JP has become embarrassing. Please, go root for another team if this is all you can bring to the board.

You guys notice that Favre isn't getting much more time than Losman, right? He's hitting slants, and throwing the ball on one step. That's what you do when the o-line sucks.

If JP can't do this, or won't do this in order to hit the killer 40-yarder to Evans, then he doesn't belong out there.

825430[/snapback]

You fail to point out that Farve turned the ball over 4 times!!!!!!!!!

I am not saying that JP is the answer, but it is just the way it goes sometimes.

The fact is, you have to let Losman play the rest of the season no matter what happens. Craig Nall IS NOT the QB of the future here. Holcomb IS NOT the QB of the future here. If Losman does not get it done the rest of the year, he probably will not be the QB of the future either.

THE FACT IS, that if JP Losman is not the QB of the future, the QB of the future IS NOT ON THIS ROSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are a lot of problems on this team. JP is contributing to these problems. But THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN BENCH HIM THIS SEASON!!!!

I find it very funny that everyone blames Donahoe for not fixing the line, but yet they want the fancy new QB that will have the same TERRIBLE LINE in front of him. As I have been saying all along, if you get a dominant O-LINE, an average QB will look like a SUPERSTAR!!!!! Same for a RB!!!! I am sure everyone out there would have said Edge James was a SUPERSTAR BACK, but now he is in AZ and runs for 50 yards on 30 carries. Did Edge get worse????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!! The line did. If you have a BAD LINE, the QB and RB WILL BE BAD no matter how much talent they have!!!!!!!!

Again, I am not saying JP is the answer......he holds the ball too long and locks onto receivers. At times he looks like he doesn't know what he is seeing in the defense. BUT, he was under a lot of pressure most of the day (he was responsible for 2 of the sacks he took today) and our receivers WERE NOT OPEN!!! The Bills insist on running pass patterns 20-30 yards down the field most every play instead of throwing screens and slants to loosen up the D. They rarely test the D LONG down the field (even to try to get a pass interference call). The right side of the line is AWFUL (CV and Pennington were BAD). The only place they could run was left because the right side was getting blown up ALL DAY.

So, there are a lot of problems on offense. Not just the QB. JP MUST BE GIVEN THE REST OF THE SEASON. There is no way we can dump him after this year without knowing for sure what we have (I an just hear this board 2 years from now if he was to finally "get it" somewhere else behind a better line and became a Pro Bowl QB..............HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!) Again, I am not saying it will happen. The guy may not have what it takes. But, he does have all the physical tools to do the job. WE NEED TO FIND OUT, FOR SURE, whether or not he will ever get it. You can't do that after 16 starts in the NFL (only 8 starts in this offensive system). JP NEEDS TO GET THE REST OF THE YEAR. Then we will see where we are at.

I have hardly ever commented on JP pro or con just waiting to give him a chance. But until that pass he sucked ass today. Sure he didn't throw an INT or fumble, but he still sucked. I'm happy we won man but it's time to see some progress from the freakin QB already. That's the way I feel and if you don't like it than oh f***ing well. Looking back, yeah, it was a good throw. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Amen brother. When you start complaininbg about your quarterback who did not fumble, did not throw an interception, threw the game deciding touchdown bomb in the fourth quarter then you need to either stop watching or shut the f up. This ragging on JP has become embarrassing. Please, go root for another team if this is all you can bring to the board.

825676[/snapback]

amen. Half this board seems to be as stupid as Mularkey (nevermind the game in Chicago today). JP played bad. The O-Line played bad. But hey, no turnovers, and in the fourth quarter they won the game- whether or not they deserved to.

First week with a new line and got a W in a hideous game. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Who really cares that we won.  We stunk up the place.  You are probably one of those that was all excited last year when we won at the end of that pathetic season and blew our chances for picking near the very top of the board.

825685[/snapback]

You play during the season to win; not to get a draft pick. It's so tiring to hear people complaining when we win, because now we won't get a good draft spot.

Who really cares that we won.  We stunk up the place.  You are probably one of those that was all excited last year when we won at the end of that pathetic season and blew our chances for picking near the very top of the board.

825685[/snapback]

You're mad that we won?

Suck a d!ck.

825685[/snapback]

Drafting higher is something I almost never hope for. It seems like the same teams have high draft picks every year and the same teams are good teams every year.

Good teams are the result of smart draft picks starting in round 2.

I have hardly ever commented on JP pro or con just waiting to give him a chance. But until that pass he sucked ass today.

825690[/snapback]

If the receivers weren't open and he had no time, what should he have done differently? I don't want him forcing the ball into coverage.

At what point do you start trusting the GM that he knows football better than we do?  :P

825403[/snapback]

Never! :unsure:

You know better... Of all people, you should know this has us as a society in a world of hurt...

You are still hung up on who the "experts" are... ;)

BTW, like the new handle... I can read a lot into it, yet won't... :D:w00t:

:w00t::w00t:

You guys notice that Favre isn't getting much more time than Losman, right? He's hitting slants, and throwing the ball on one step. That's what you do when the o-line sucks.

If JP can't do this, or won't do this in order to hit the killer 40-yarder to Evans, then he doesn't belong out there.

825430[/snapback]

That's part of the problem: none of those plays are being called EXCEPT in the frist 2-3 drives of our games. The rest of the game it is run, run, penalty then it is put JP in shotgun to be a sitting duck on 3rd down!

Yes this team sucks in every aspect, but its time to see if Nall can play and move on from JP.  He locks onto targets, won't tuck and run and even if its not his fault the offense cannot move the football. I've been a huge supporter of JPs since we drafted him but to me its apparent if he's going to succeed in the NFL it won't be in Buffalo. He may not be turning the football over but he's not "managing" the game either. Sometimes you just need to shake things up and make guys realize they may not be playing for the playoffs but they're playing for pay checks next year.  This team is really really bad beyond rebuilding because they've regressed since the beginning of the year, and be it coaching lack of talent etc lets just see what someone else can do behind center.

Dave

825361[/snapback]

I have also been a supporter for a long time but I have had enough. I think we have seen this kid best and it just is not good enough. We know what Holcolm can do, maybe it is time to see if Nall has any game. By the end of the season I expect Nall will get some game action because we have to find an answer to the QB question.

amen.  Half this board seems to be as stupid as Mularkey (nevermind the game in Chicago today).  JP played bad.  The O-Line played bad.  But hey, no turnovers, and in the fourth quarter they won the game- whether or not they deserved to. 

First week with a new line and got a W in a hideous game.  I'd take that in a heartbeat.

825694[/snapback]

I won't even give them the satisafaction of saying JP played a bad game today. You have to look at the game as a whole, not just the first three quarters. The guy threw the game deciding TD while getting crunched like he did for most of this game and the last three games the Bills have played. Yet he still had the guts to make that throw and he did not make any turnovers. That negates any "bad game" labels some here are trying to hang on him. Could you say he had a good game? No. But you can't say he had a bad game either. JP played well enough for the Bills to win, next question.

I have also been a supporter for a long time but I have had enough.  I think we have seen this kid best and it just is not good enough.  We know what Holcolm can do, maybe it is time to see if Nall has any game.  By the end of the season I expect Nall will get some game action because we have to find an answer to the QB question.

825770[/snapback]

Yeah, maybe Craig Nall would have made that throw on his back! <_<

Maybe Nall's a$$ is on the bench because he CAN'T make that play. Losman's 4th quarter TD throw was the difference in the game, get over it. But you just go ahead and keep touting Craig Nall, he was quite the difference maker today. <_<

I'm with you. To have 56 yds passing after 3 quarters? AND with the defense playing relatively well and spotting you seven? I'd like to see if Nall can do anything any better....

825381[/snapback]

Defense playing relatively well?They gave up over 400 yards of offense

Drafting higher is something I almost never hope for.  It seems like the same teams have high draft picks every year and the same teams are good teams every year. 

Good teams are the result of smart draft picks starting in round 2.

825718[/snapback]

So true.

Yeah, maybe Craig Nall would have made that throw on his back! <_<

Maybe Nall's a$$ is on the bench because he CAN'T make that play. Losman's 4th quarter TD throw was the difference in the game, get over it. But you just go ahead and keep touting Craig Nall, he was quite the difference maker today. <_<

825786[/snapback]

8/15 102yds 1TD, half of those totals came on one throw. Scrub those balls good! :devil::lol:

The most important thing today was JP and the offense came through when they had to. How many times had they had the game and only had to get a first down and couldn't. Or needed a score to seal the game and couldn't. Today the game was tied, the Packers had the momentum and we needed something. That's exactly when JP through the TD pass. That's what we've been missing.

Similarly, on the defensive side: how many games have they done exactly what they did today; only to give up that game tieing score. Rather today they got the interception and long return.

The most surprising thing today.... they did what they had to.. WHEN they had to. That fact should not be understated.

I could have made that pass. I'm not asking for Manning #s, just progress. He can't even manage a damn game.

825546[/snapback]

just saw the replay. I would like to see you or nall make that play as you are about to get drilled like JP did.

JP made one good play and Royal dropped another one. Other than that JP looked lost. He threw at guys feet, badly misread a pass that should have gone to Royal when we were inside the 5 on the opening drive and generally did nothing to show me he is even a marginal QB. JP would be 2nd or 3rd string on most teams. I root for the guy but the stats don't lie. He actually had some nice pocket time on a few plays today and did zippo.

Let me get this straight.

JP puts up big numbers, in the jets game, but he sucks because he cant lead us on the game tying TD drive.

Today, JP puts up crappy numbers, but with the game on the line halfway through the 4th quarter, he stands in the pocket and delivers a TD strike to evans, which is the winning score. But he sucks because he didnt put up big numbers.

Got it.

I swear, Midol ® should be the official sponsor of two bills drive.

Let me get this straight.

JP puts up big numbers, in the jets game, but he sucks because he cant lead us on the game tying TD drive.

Today, JP puts up crappy numbers, but with the game on the line halfway through the 4th quarter, he stands in the pocket and delivers a TD strike to evans, which is the winning score. But he sucks because he didnt put up big numbers.

Got it.

I swear, Midol ® should be the official sponsor of two bills drive.

825838[/snapback]

Yep that sums it up. The only thing JP can do that will make many of these idiots happy is sell his house and leave town. Then they'll get another QB to rag on and call out for not catching his own passes after he blocks the blitzing db.

i'm not saying that we should pull jp, not unless he REALLY stinks it up early next week, but i am saying i'm nearly convinced he is no good.

he is just not effective as an NFL QB. the only 2 things he has shown any ability on is running and the deep bomb. he had one solid play all day today. he doesn't see open targets and is a very poor quarterback when it comes to the blitz.

he has looked good once or twice in his life, but has regressed since early in the season and frankly i don't see how he is going to make our team better.

his best games come when he does less damage than positive plays (as opposed to going out and taking the game over) and that just isn't good enough. couple that with the fact the he is NOT steady, is just a fool when getting blitzed, and lacks touch on short passes and you have a QB that i think we are just about ready to throw on the scrap heap.

i really hope he is better than this and i am wrong, but he has shown me no more than guys like bollinger, holcombe (who i really don't want to start) harrington and other straight average caretaker qbs

I love it.  JP played bad, the O-line played bad, the receivers dropped balls, Willis leaves in first series.  Conclusion: JP sucks bench him. 

JP finally does something.  Stands in till the last possible second with a defender right in his face and throws a 40 yard pass without being able to step into it.  Touchdown. 

Beautiful.  Talk about not being able to do anything right.

825634[/snapback]

I have been the biggest JP apologist before today. I am just sick and tired of watching this offense sputter. No it is not at all completely JPs fault that this offense sucks, but as the QB he has to take some of the blame. As a fan and someone who knows a little bit about football, I see other QBs that have the exact same amount of time in the league doing much more impressive things at this point. Yes coaching is a problem, but we've already been through one coaching staff with JP and we have to stick with this one for a little while just to see how it works out. I was really happy at how JP started the season, but the turnovers (bravo on none today) have become a real issue, and its not just INTs its his inability to protect the football while being hit and when he scrambles. Again, completely his fault? No. But at some point he has to be held accountable for the problems, I hope he proves me wrong by making big strides by the end of the season and he's a stud for a long time, but i really think this is his last season in Buffalo unless he shows some real progress over the next few games. I hope i get to eat some serious crow but I just don't see him as being successful in the NFL. Nice job on that one pass though, and i'll keep rocking my JP jersey until he's off this team.

If the receivers weren't open and he had no time, what should he have done differently?  I don't want him forcing the ball into coverage.

825725[/snapback]

Throwing the ball away would be nice. He has held the ball too long all season taking sacks that could be avoided by throwing the ball away. I don't claim to see the entire field from my TV like the rest of you who happen to have the super wide screen TVs that allow you to see that no WRs are ever open.