JP Losman I have been a supporter

Yes this team sucks in every aspect, but its time to see if Nall can play and move on from JP. He locks onto targets, won't tuck and run and even if its not his fault the offense cannot move the football. I've been a huge supporter of JPs since we drafted him but to me its apparent if he's going to succeed in the NFL it won't be in Buffalo. He may not be turning the football over but he's not "managing" the game either. Sometimes you just need to shake things up and make guys realize they may not be playing for the playoffs but they're playing for pay checks next year. This team is really really bad beyond rebuilding because they've regressed since the beginning of the year, and be it coaching lack of talent etc lets just see what someone else can do behind center.

Dave

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes this team sucks in every aspect, but its time to see if Nall can play and move on from JP.  He locks onto targets, won't tuck and run and even if its not his fault the offense cannot move the football. I've been a huge supporter of JPs since we drafted him but to me its apparent if he's going to succeed in the NFL it won't be in Buffalo. He may not be turning the football over but he's not "managing" the game either. Sometimes you just need to shake things up and make guys realize they may not be playing for the playoffs but they're playing for pay checks next year.  This team is really really bad beyond rebuilding because they've regressed since the beginning of the year, and be it coaching lack of talent etc lets just see what someone else can do behind center.

Dave

825361[/snapback]

I only just realized with this game that if Losman were playing for another team (Baltimore, say), I'd be laughing my ass off at his performance.

I'm with you. To have 56 yds passing after 3 quarters? AND with the defense playing relatively well and spotting you seven? I'd like to see if Nall can do anything any better....

At what time do you start trusting the Coach that he knows Football better than we do

825385[/snapback]

The trend over the past four or five seasons has been this: When people who have supported this guy or that guy all along begin to lose faith and withdraw their support, a change at OBD usually takes place. I wanted JP to succeed as much as anyone....but even though it's not all his fault, we need to see what other folks on the team can do. Nall was brought in here for a reason....I think it's time to see if that decision will bear fruit.

At what time do you start trusting the Coach that he knows Football better than we do

825385[/snapback]

When his team looks remotely prepared. Look at what a change has done for Jax and Dallas. We don't have playmakers like they do but what the hell Nall can't be worse.

You guys notice that Favre isn't getting much more time than Losman, right? He's hitting slants, and throwing the ball on one step. That's what you do when the o-line sucks.

If JP can't do this, or won't do this in order to hit the killer 40-yarder to Evans, then he doesn't belong out there.

So change for change sake.  I would thin you would want your best athletes playing.  Nall has nowhere near the tools JP does

825424[/snapback]

We don't need a guy with tools. We need someone who can make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t. For all we know, Nall is a master chef compared to JP.

So change for change sake.  I would thin you would want your best athletes playing.  Nall has nowhere near the tools JP does

825424[/snapback]

I'm not advocating benching Losman in mid-season, mind you. The idiots calling for Nall without having ever seen him play a down are just that: idiots.

I am advocating another rebuilding year, however. Sorry, Takeo.

I'm not advocating benching Losman in mid-season, mind you.  The idiots calling for Nall without having ever seen him play a down are just that: idiots.

I am advocating another rebuilding year, however.  Sorry, Takeo.

825439[/snapback]

I think it's pretty clear what we have with J-Lo at this point. Maybe Nall blows too, I like many here have never seen him play other than the preseason, but at least he gives us some type of hope.

The idiots calling for Nall without having ever seen him play a down are just that: idiots.

825439[/snapback]

And the apologists that say JP Losman can't be "blaimed" -- when he just waited 3.5 seconds in a collapsing pocket on 2nd and 5 -- are getting shrill.

The fact that we aren't losing is because of the defense and special teams. JP has done nothing. Completely ineffective. Sometimes a young QB just needs to take a step back and let his brain catch up with what's going on. Even though Carr has a few seasons under his belt, the other week they benched him mid-game in favor of what's his name. The team almost won the game with a miracle 4th quarter comeback. Today Carr is back in there starting.

I don't see anyproblem with giving Nall a quarter here and there when JP just isn't getting it done.

I'm not advocating benching Losman in mid-season, mind you.  The idiots calling for Nall without having ever seen him play a down are just that: idiots.

I am advocating another rebuilding year, however.  Sorry, Takeo.

825439[/snapback]

We all knew going in that this year was a rebuilding year.  I would think you would want JP to get as much experience as he can this year.

825442[/snapback]

Yeah we thought we were rebuilding but the team is simply pathetic, and they've gotten worse on offense every week. And change for the sake of changing can be a good thing, and anyone who has played sports at higher level than rec softball knows this and i laugh when you say idiot bungee jumper because when you get to a high enough level all of the guys have ability or they wouldn't be there. Sometimes stagnation happens when guys get comfortable.

TD. I'm still not convinced. Wide open.

825504[/snapback]

So basically you're saying that Nall could have made that pass, too.