JP Losman I have been a supporter

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who really cares that we won.  We stunk up the place.  You are probably one of those that was all excited last year when we won at the end of that pathetic season and blew our chances for picking near the very top of the board.

We lost at the end of last year.........

I have been the biggest JP apologist before today. I am just sick and tired of watching this offense sputter. No it is not at all completely JPs fault that this offense sucks, but as the QB he has to take some of the blame.  As a fan and someone who knows a little bit about football, I see other QBs that have the exact same amount of time in the league doing much more impressive things at this point.  Yes coaching is a problem, but we've already been through one coaching staff with JP and we have to stick with this one for a little while just to see how it works out.  I was really happy at how JP started the season, but the turnovers (bravo on none today) have become a real issue, and its not just INTs its his inability to protect the football while being hit and when he scrambles. Again, completely his fault? No. But at some point he has to be held accountable for the problems, I hope he proves me wrong by making big strides by the end of the season and he's a stud for a long time, but i really think this is his last season in Buffalo unless he shows some real progress over the next few games. I hope i get to eat some serious crow but I just don't see him as being successful in the NFL. Nice job on that one pass though, and i'll keep rocking my JP jersey until he's off this team.

825851[/snapback]

I do agree with so much of your post. I just think it's funny how some people give JP zero credit for anything.

He's definitely experiencing growing pains and we can argue for ever about whether his growing pains are better, worse, the same as other QBs. However, I think any reasonable person can say a few things: JP is young and inexperienced; he doesn't see the field like a 5 year vet; he's going to struggle learning a new offense with young players and a questionable line. So, when he struggles we should accept it rather than continually look for another rookie with no experience that might do better on 1 or 2 plays.

Most people want to see JP progress. I would argue that his play today showed some flashes of progression. He didn't turn the ball over. He did make a play when he absolutely had to. He moved in the pocket to avoid a hit on more than one play. He hit a few guys on nice plays (but they dropped them). He hit Shelton(?) on the pass out of the backfield in stride. So, he did di some good things, that he's struggled with in the past.

He did have troubles. I agree. But, given the offensive line shake up and his inexperience, I'd say that was to be expected. He does need to progress. But, let's give him credit where credit is due. He's done some things that look like a real NFL QB, a fact that some here refuse to acknowledge.

I do agree with so much of your post.  I just think it's funny how some people give JP zero credit for anything. 

He's definitely experiencing growing pains and we can argue for ever about whether his growing pains are better, worse, the same as other QBs.  However, I think any reasonable person can say a few things: JP is young and inexperienced; he doesn't see the field like a 5 year vet; he's going to struggle learning a new offense with young players and a questionable line.  So, when he struggles we should accept it rather than continually look for another rookie with no experience that might do better on 1 or 2 plays. 

Most people want to see JP progress.  I would argue that his play today showed some flashes of progression.  He didn't turn the ball over.  He did make a play when he absolutely had to.  He moved in the pocket to avoid a hit on more than one play.  He hit a few guys on nice plays (but they dropped them).  He hit Shelton(?) on the pass out of the backfield in stride.  So, he did di some good things, that he's struggled with in the past. 

He did have troubles.  I agree.  But, given the offensive line shake up and his inexperience, I'd say that was to be expected.  He does need to progress.  But, let's give him credit where credit is due.  He's done some things that look like a real NFL QB, a fact that some here refuse to acknowledge.

825882[/snapback]

The Bills won today so JP should not lose any time in practice or in the game this week. I'm glad he didn't turn the ball over, but he only passed the ball 15 times, and it just seems like this staff doesn't trust him at all. This team is going nowhere this year, so, as someone who doubts JP now, but badly wants to see him succeed, the staff needs to take the training wheels off and let it fly, and leave everything on the field, because until that happens we will never see what JP can do, and whether or not he really is a QB we can build around. I also think its a shame that he was drafted by our Bills, as they neglected to upgrade the line for years, and have 0 playmakers on offense (no Evans is not a playmaker).

And if this offense remains as stagnant as they have been then yes chalk me up to the !@#$s that wouldn't mind seeing nall in there for the last few weeks of the season, because screw it, in terms of points and yards it can't get much worse than it has been. Every week i see teams that supposedly have less talent than the Bills put up 30 points on at least one occasion, and today was our highest point total of the season and 7 of those came courtesy of the defense. Its just frustrating as hell to see the writing on the wall that we are becoming the Arizona Cardinals.

Again, I agree with much of what you say. It seems JP has alot going against him and not the least of which is the coaching. They're telling him not to run and stay in the pocket. Then the pocket collapses and he gets sacked. They call plays that are questionable, at best. Add that to the piss poor line and receivers not doing their part and you've got a recipe for sucky play.

Where we differ is I say leave JP in, period. The only way I say pull him for Nall is if we have a game where everything is clicking and JP is clearly not doing anything. I haven't seen that yet. Every game there's plenty of bad, but there's also a little good - by the entire offense.

I'm not sure of the fix, but it would be nice to see an offense show some sort of consistency.

The Bills won today so JP should not lose any time in practice or in the game this week.  I'm glad he didn't turn the ball over, but he only passed the ball 15 times, and it just seems like this staff doesn't trust him at all. This team is going nowhere this year, so, as someone who doubts JP now, but badly wants to see him succeed, the staff needs to take the training wheels off and let it fly, and leave everything on the field, because until that happens we will never see what JP can do, and whether or not he really is a QB we can build around.  I also think its a shame that he was drafted by our Bills, as they neglected to upgrade the line for years, and have 0 playmakers on offense (no Evans is not a playmaker).

And if this offense remains as stagnant as they have been then yes chalk me up to the !@#$s that wouldn't mind seeing nall in there for the last few weeks of the season, because screw it, in terms of points and yards it can't get much worse than it has been.  Every week i see teams that supposedly have less talent than the Bills put up 30 points on at least one occasion, and today was our highest point total of the season and 7 of those came courtesy of the defense. Its just frustrating as hell to see the writing on the wall that we are becoming the Arizona Cardinals.

825898[/snapback]

exactly....it's a shame that Mularkey and Co. screwed the pooch last year and basically wasted the season. But this year we've got to be willing to try anyone and everyone who may be able to help this team. Nobody is saying bench JP for the rest of the season. Let him continue to be the starter all the way thru game 16....but when he struggles as much as he apparently did today, give him a break and let someone else take a shot at giving us a spark. JP may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's not stupid. Sometimes if you just take him aside, let him get his perspective back when thngis are not going well, he'll respond to that and come out blazing when he goes back in. I don't see any reason why we can't give Nall an opportunity when it presents itself.

Yep that sums it up.  The only thing JP can do that will make many of these idiots happy is sell his house and leave town.  Then they'll get another QB to rag on and call out for not catching his own passes after he blocks the blitzing db.

825844[/snapback]

Nobody is trying to run JP out of town. We all want him to succeed. I'm happy he made no turnovers today and hit the big TD pass in the 4th. In between though he was pretty bad. Even you have to admit that. He had that one big one dropped by Royal. Other than that he misread the D a few times...threw a few poor passes and held on to the ball too long again on several plays. Yes the O-line is weak but i watch all the games i can and many QB's have the same amount of time as JP and do more with it. JP cannot read a defense. If you can't see that then you haven't watched much football. This leads to indecision and sacks that might appear to be the O-line's fault but the QB has to take 80% of the blame for not being able to get the ball off.

I hope for the sake of all of us he gets better soon because that was a pretty weak game today for him. It's pretty sad when we are happy because he doesn't do anything to lose it.

It's pretty sad when we are happy because he doesn't do anything to lose it.

825994[/snapback]

Bingo.....cause while it's all fine and dandy when the D and ST step up and basically make it okay for the QB to "not lose it", it won't hold true week in and week out. Part of what comes along with putting up with the mistakes of a young QB is having games where he's throwing for lots of yards and scorign TDs. We won't win many games passing for 60 or 70 yards, even if Willis all of a sudden goes apeshit and our running game gets going. Sooner or later we need more production out of this offense.

Good luck in getting through to these folks.  Too many sandy v*gina's around here.

826020[/snapback]

Yeah.

I would argue JP outplayed favre. One niggling point: WTF won't the coaches call more three-step slant plays?

Every drop was like 5 or 7 stops. Not a good idea with this OL.

Oh, and WILLIS WHO?

Time to get splinters in the ass to go with your other injury, Willis.

The trend over the past four or five seasons has been this: When people who have supported this guy or that guy all along begin to lose faith and withdraw their support, a change at OBD usually takes place. I wanted JP to succeed as much as anyone....but even though it's not all his fault, we need to see what other folks on the team can do. Nall was brought in here for a reason....I think it's time to see if that decision will bear fruit.

825402[/snapback]

Why focus the changes just on JP, A train runs alot harder than Willis TKO doesnt seem to be doing jack since his return, why jnot reyes or anybody for villarial or Pennington or fowler, Or TEs dont exist Evans gets doubled and no one else can get open so why just focus on a change a QB

The same logic used here would have kept Todd Collins and Rob Johnson as starting QBs for the Bills.

The problem to me is that the guy is getting worse. He shows flashes that makes you hope, but he just can't get over the hump. The reason the guy is still starting is because of his draft position and his supposed potential. Take both of those away and he would have been benched awhile ago.

I don't think the guy should be benched just yet, but it's not laughable as much as the Kool-Aid drinkers here think it is.

Yeah the line sucks, but sometimes the QBs make the line seem worse. Get sacked from a long-developing, rush up the middle is not the line's fault. Locking in on a WR is not the WR's fault. How bad does the line look in Dallas without Bledsoe there? How much better did the Bills offense and line look when Rob Johnson was benched?

Here's the thing. It's not the time for the Bills to bench Losman and the reason is all Mularkey's fault. You can bench a young starting QB once and he can still rebound. Do it twice and then you are through with the guy--bringing him back gives you no credibility. I will trust the coaches to be patient on this and do what is right. But Losman's training period is beginning to end.

Yeah.

I would argue JP outplayed favre. One niggling point: WTF won't the coaches call more three-step slant plays?

Every drop was like 5 or 7 stops. Not a good idea with this OL.

Oh, and WILLIS WHO?

Time to get splinters in the ass to go with your other injury, Willis.

826021[/snapback]

I just read this whole thread, and finally someone got to the point I was going to make. We may as well have Bledsoe back because the defensive ends know exactly where JP is going to be when he takes the snap.

Also what ever happened to screens and draws?

I don't see any reason why we can't give Nall an opportunity when it presents itself.

825914[/snapback]

TO GIVE THE STARTING QB THE CHANCE TO WIN THE GAME IN THE FOURTH QUARTER!!

That would be the reason. Sorry for the caps but I feared you'd miss something that's not pretty clear.

I have also been a supporter for a long time but I have had enough.  I think we have seen this kid best and it just is not good enough.  We know what Holcolm can do, maybe it is time to see if Nall has any game.  By the end of the season I expect Nall will get some game action because we have to find an answer to the QB question.

825770[/snapback]

Pretty hard for Nall to get into a game because he is 3rd efing string. If Losman comes out Kelly goes in you, I won't call you a retard but you most likely are.

If Nall plays, the other 2 qbs would have to be injured.

Did any of you actually watch the game? I was at the game and had a great view of the field. The Bills were INCREDIBLY conservative on offense, going max protect about 2/3rds of the time. There were only two receivers going out for passes during that time. The Packers had no trouble defending those two wide receivers because they were generating plenty of pass rush with their front four. Most of the time there wasn't even a RB as a safety valve because they were pass blocking. I saw three times where they triple teamed Kampan (LT, TE, RB).

Losman only threw 15 passes, and only twice were the receivers actually open (Evans both time, one was underthrown, one was the TD). He had no turnovers and hit the game winning TD from 43 yards out while getting CRUSHED by a defender. In addition, twice he put the offense in a 3rd and <1 position and the running game failed.

Be reasonable. The Bills gameplan on both sides of the ball was incredibly conservative, not making any mistakes, not giving the Packers good field position, making them go the length of the field and waiting for Favre to make a mistake.

It seemed to work pretty well....

It won't work very often though. For having so much max protction you figure he would throw it away more knowing only 2 guys are running a pattern as well. All I know is JP is all we got and I hope he eventually gets it cause I sure as hell don't want Holbum in there. As for Nall, nobody has a clue whatsoever what he can do but I doubt it would get me hard. <_<

It won't work very often though. For having so much max protction you figure he would throw it away more knowing only 2 guys are running a pattern as well. All I know is JP is all we got and I hope he eventually gets it cause I sure as hell don't want Holbum in there. As for Nall, nobody has a clue whatsoever what he can do but I doubt it would get me hard. <_<

826165[/snapback]

I don't understand your logic. If you have max protection and two receivers, by default you have to wait longer for them to get open and should feel more comfortable doing so, seeing as how you have max protection. In addition, two of the sacks on Losman occurred after his own man was thrown into his legs.

My only complaint with Losman today was what seemed to be a large amount of tipped passes in the second half. Not sure what the deal there was.

TO GIVE THE STARTING QB THE CHANCE TO WIN THE GAME IN THE FOURTH QUARTER!!

That would be the reason. Sorry for the caps but I feared you'd miss something that's not pretty clear.

826095[/snapback]

<_< Come on now.....you gotta walk before you can run, and as much as I hate to say it, JP hasn't shown any sort of ability to come from behind in the fourth quarter to win games - even when he's playing well. I know that today's game provides you a convenient time to make this statement, but in my opinion it doens't hold any water.

Why focus the changes just on JP, A train runs alot harder than Willis TKO doesnt seem to be doing jack since his return, why jnot reyes or anybody for villarial or Pennington or fowler, Or TEs dont exist Evans gets doubled and no one else can get open so why just focus on a change a QB

826026[/snapback]

I'm in favor of swapping out ANYONE who seems to be stagnating the offense. I typically believe the QB has the greatest impact on that side of the ball, though, and JP - while showing flashes at time - has not done a whole lot in terms of moving our offense into the endzone. I'm not saying Nall will or won't be able to do that, but for the sake of the team I think when an opportunity presents itself you put him in. I think JP needs to start every game, but I don't think he needs to play every minute anymore.

<_<    Come on now.....you gotta walk before you can run, and as much as I hate to say it, JP hasn't shown any sort of ability to come from behind in the fourth quarter to win games - even when he's playing well. I know that today's game provides you a convenient time to make this statement, but in my opinion it doens't hold any water.

826169[/snapback]

You do realize that JP threw the winning touchdown pass in the fourth quarter today, don't you? It's interesting that you're willing to state an opinion AFTER it was proven it "doesn't hold any water".

I don't know what else to say, other than I've officially seen it all.

I'm in favor of swapping out ANYONE who seems to be stagnating the offense. I typically believe the QB has the greatest impact on that side of the ball, though, and JP - while showing flashes at time - has not done a whole lot in terms of moving our offense into the endzone. I'm not saying Nall will or won't be able to do that, but for the sake of the team I think when an opportunity presents itself you put him in. I think JP needs to start every game, but I don't think he needs to play every minute anymore.

826173[/snapback]

Ahhhhhh, the Mike Malarkey theory of QB handling! That one worked out so well for the Bills!

<_<

Ahhhhhh, the Mike Malarkey theory of QB handling! That one worked out so well for the Bills!

:P

826252[/snapback]

Except that I don't know that *anyone* drawing an NFL paycheck could have trotted JP Losman out as a started after his hideous performances aginast Tampa, Atlanta, and New Orleans in San Antonio.

Would you seriously have left him in as a starter???

JDG

:P

826252[/snapback]

lol, nah, Mularkey was trying to win games last year....then he was trying to develop JP....then trying to win games.....back and forth, confusing the hell out of everyone. This year is a rebuilding year. We all know that. And again, I'm NOT advocating taking away JP's starting position. I'm simply saying that taking him out to get a hold of himself and let someone else have a shot at certain times in the game is not going to "ruin" him.

Except that I don't know that *anyone* drawing an NFL paycheck could have trotted JP Losman out as a started after his hideous performances aginast Tampa, Atlanta, and New Orleans in San Antonio.

Would you seriously have left him in as a starter???

JDG

826261[/snapback]

Yes, you leave him in there as the starter! JP was pulled during the Tampa and New Orleans games when the games were still within reach. Yet here was a first year starter that wasn't given the opportunity that Jaroun is affording him this season. Not only did he not have the balls to let Losman have a chance to pull the game out in the fourth quarter in those games, he lost his nuts in the second damn game of the season! It was a chicken sh_t move by a chicken sh_t coach.

You do realize that JP threw the winning touchdown pass in the fourth quarter today, don't you? It's interesting that you're willing to state an opinion AFTER it was proven it "doesn't hold any water".

I don't know what else to say, other than I've officially seen it all.

826250[/snapback]

Huh? Your post makes no sense :P

826173[/snapback]

I'm completely against this line of reasoning. Contrary to the sound bites of playing to win now, etc., this is a building year, and every decision should be based on what is best for 2007 and 2008. If doing so leads to 10 wins and a playoff berth this year, that's great, because the experience of winning helps develop winning football players.

The decision of JP or Nall was decided in the pre-season. A bad month of football by JP (as disappointing as it has been) does not give us any reason to change the evaluation in the preseason that JP is a better option than Nall. Nall had to win it in camp to have a chance, and otherwise needs to sit at #3 (I wish #2) until after the season.

I don't think anything has come to light in these 8 games that shows us that we were clearly wrong evaluating JP, and instead are just showing that our fans are impatient and not willing to experience the growing pains that are the reality of this year. It is possible that someone among JP, Evans, Ko, Dante, etc. will not work out and we will have to replace them in our plans, but for right now we have to take some lumps and growing pains with our young players as long as the coaching evaluation is that they have enough talent and potential to become good football players.

I'm completely against this line of reasoning.  Contrary to the sound bites of playing to win now, etc., this is a building year, and every decision should be based on what is best for 2007 and 2008.  If doing so leads to 10 wins and a playoff berth this year, that's great, because the experience of winning helps develop winning football players.

The decision of JP or Nall was decided in the pre-season.  A bad month of football by JP (as disappointing as it has been) does not give us any reason to change the evaluation in the preseason that JP is a better option than Nall.  Nall had to win it in camp to have a chance, and otherwise needs to sit at #3 (I wish #2) until after the season.

I don't think anything has come to light in these 8 games that shows us that we were clearly wrong evaluating JP, and instead are just showing that our fans are impatient and not willing to experience the growing pains that are the reality of this year.  It is possible that someone among JP, Evans, Ko, Dante, etc. will not work out and we will have to replace them in our plans, but for right now we have to take some lumps and growing pains with our young players as long as the coaching evaluation is that they have enough talent and potential to become good football players.

826283[/snapback]

I don't neccesarily disagree with you. But I'm becoming dubious about JP's growing pains. As I said earlier, the growing pains should come along with some sort of production. I think he's had enough playing time now to be making things happen, even if he's still making mistakes along the way. This is his third year in the league...

As for Nall, it wasn't really a competition once he got hurt. I agree that we don't have any reason to believe he's any better than JP, but that's exactly why I advocate giving him a shot when JP struggles late into the game.

When Gradkowski, Romo, et al. are playing better ball than JP there comes a time when you just know it's time to TRY Nall. Pulling a QB isnt the worst loss. It worked for many a coach, and many a coach got the QB who sat more motivated.

What motivation do you have to focus if you are guaranteed to come back some more to flub it up? You stick Nall in for 4 games, give JP some time off and if Nall flubs it up we tried.

A lot of you want change for changes sake. Think about Dree Brees. Think about any quarterbacks first full year. It is always rocky with the exception of big ben. I think some people like to complain because they can. Others think they can coach because they are good at Madin. Let the coaches do their jobs and trust people that know more about footbal than us weekend warriors

I think some people like to complain because they can.  Others think they can coach because they are good at Madin.  Let the coaches do their jobs and trust people that know more about footbal than us weekend warriors

826308[/snapback]

I think most of us are pretty aware of the fact that all of our bitching, moaning, praising, speculating, admonishing, and debating doesn't amout to a hill of beans in terms of what happens with the team, man....but this is a message board....that's what we do here.

When Gradkowski, Romo, et al. are playing better ball than JP there comes a time when you just know it's time to TRY Nall. Pulling a QB isnt the worst loss. It worked for many a coach, and many a coach got the QB who sat more motivated.

What motivation do you have to focus if you are guaranteed to come back some more to flub it up? You stick Nall in for 4 games, give JP some time off and if Nall flubs it up we tried.

826304[/snapback]

What Romo is doing is more along the lines of what I thought JP would be doing....making mistakes, but moving the chains and putting up points along the way. Sure seemed like we had an awful lot of 3-and-outs today.

A lot of you want change for changes sake.  Think about Dree Brees.  Think about any quarterbacks first full  year.  It is always rocky with the exception of big ben. 

Also, who's to say that drafting P.Rivers wasn't the fire under his ass that Brees needed? Having A.Gates around didn't hurt either, of course...but sometimes you need to be pushed and have someone over your shoulder in order to advance your game.

Also, who's to say that drafting P.Rivers wasn't the fire under his ass that Brees needed? Having A.Gates around didn't hurt either, of course...but sometimes you need to be pushed and have someone over your shoulder in order to advance your game.

826322[/snapback]

I will agree that having talent behind someone is a great thing. That is mwhy Marv went out and got Nall. The problem is that during Pre season Nall got hurt and then when he was healthy, he didn't show as much talent as JP. I agree during the offseason we ned to get more talent. I just think people are putting JP under the bus without giving him a chance to grow into a NFL starting QB. People are making professional predictions based on what, 12 games.

I also agree it is a message board. I just get tierd of all the complaining. I get tired of people thinking they are smarter than what they are. I have to watch it as much as the next guy. I think we need to trust the front office and the coaches.

Playing Nall while JP is healthy is damaging to JP's progress and our ability to accurately evalutate JP's future this off season. So you better have some strong reasons for thinking Nall is more likely than JP to be our QB of the future. Holcomb hurt us in this way last year, and I don't want to see a lack of patience have it happen again this year. Especially when Nall hasn't shown enough to move up the depth chart to #2 so far...

We can make a decision after the season if JP is not going to be a good QB, and if we have to go in another direction, but there is no solution this year which is better for the Bills than being patient, and I still believe JP has a good chance of becoming a good QB. I'd much rather draft and sign great lineman than take a QB gamble (we won't be high enough for Quinn anyway) and start again, so I sure hope I'm right and we see some maturing in the next 8 games.

Well, it really isn't me who thinks Nall has more upside than JP. Obviously Marv and/or DJ are the ones who felt that way. And I don't want to throw JP under the bus at all. I love the fact that the kid has adopted Buffalo as his home, and I would love nothign more than to see him as the leader of this team for years to come. But I also want to see us with a winner again.

I don't think DJ is going to play Nall this year anyway, cause he's pretty much said that on a few occasions. But they didn't bring in Nall for the purpose of never having him play. If JP doens't start scoring points, sooner or later it will be time for Nall to have a shot. I guarantee you that JP won't keep the job if he doesn't do more than he's doing currently.

You retards...In the end, there's only ONE stat that matters:

a W.

we won.

Before the Green Bay game, the question was asked about how we should respond if Losman played well but the Bills lost anyway. I had the following response

If your FG kicker goes 6/6 and your team loses, do you bench him? If your DE gets four sacks and a bunch of tackles and your team loses, do you bench the DE?

I for one believe a QB should be evaluated based on his own contributions, and not on whether the team wins or loses.

It works the other way too. If you win but your FG kicker goes 0-6, you know you have to do something at kicker. If you win but your QB barely breaks the 100 yard mark, you know you need better play from your QB.

The Bills won because the Packers shot themselves in the foot. The Bills won despite the lack of production at QB. If that lack of production continues, the Bills should start thinking about what they need to do to correct the situation.

At some point their thoughts may turn to Nall. Obviously they thought highly enough of Nall to promise him a legitimate shot at the starting position. But he got off on the wrong foot because it took him too much time to learn the new offense. Then came the injury, and before he knew it he was third string. As an outsider looking in, it seems like Nall was written off before the Bills' coaching staff had truly figured out what he could do. Some fans feel that Losman should be judged with a Drew Brees ruler, and should be given years of opportunity to start looking like a real QB. A few such people are willing to write Nall off based on what he did when he was still learning the new offense.

Was Nall written off too quickly? Is it time to start remembering the reasons why the Bills brought him here in the first place? Is it getting time to put him in a game or two, just to see if he's the next Tony Romo? The Bills will have to ask themselves these questions going into next week's game.

The same logic used here would have kept Todd Collins and Rob Johnson as starting QBs  for the Bills.

The problem to me is that the guy is getting worse. He shows flashes that makes you hope, but he just can't get over the hump. The reason the guy is still starting is because of his draft position and his supposed potential. Take both of those away and he would have been benched awhile ago.

I don't think the guy should be benched just yet, but it's not laughable as much as the Kool-Aid drinkers here think it is.

Yeah the line sucks, but sometimes the QBs make the line seem worse. Get sacked from a long-developing, rush up the middle is not the line's fault. Locking in on a WR is not the WR's fault. How bad does the line look in Dallas without Bledsoe there? How much better did the Bills offense and line look when Rob Johnson was benched?

Here's the thing. It's not the time for the Bills to bench Losman and the reason is all Mularkey's fault. You can bench a young starting QB once and he can still rebound. Do it twice and then you are through with the guy--bringing him back gives you no credibility. I will trust the coaches to be patient on this and do what is right. But Losman's training period is beginning to end.

826044[/snapback]

Great post.

He's got 8 more games to show that he should be on the team next year. I hope he picks it up & starts doing something, but right now, it's looking like the thumb is down. :P