vincent placed on IR

Dan III

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This shows me two things:

1) We are playing for next year. Throwing Ko right in will give him invaluable experience and will also get us burned on defense this year many times.

2) TV's vet experience and ability to teach the younger highs is highly valued. The staff obviously didn't think TV could play anymore, but they didn't cut him so that he could teach the new DB's how to play. TV getting injured was probably the best thing that could have happened as far as the staff and front office are concerned.

My only question--will TV be mad about this?

They put him on IR because the injury was likely to keep him out 3-4 weeks? I'm I the only one that doesn't think this makes much sense?

I don't understand going on IR for a 3-4 week injury either. The injury must be more severe than that. Or he may not be able to come back? He will be done. Too bad, I thought he could have provided some vet leadership in the secondary.

If he is out for 3-4 weeks, and Bowen is still hurt, we would have to cut a player that we don't want to for the roster spot. Wire can barely play SS and really cannot play FS. So they need a Leonard or someone who can back-up Ko. Plus, if TV is out 3-4 weeks (and even when they come back a hammy that takes 3-4 weeks doesn't really heal completely and TV wasnt that fast to begin with), you're likely better off playing Ko in game 6-16 anyway, once he has had 5 games under his belt as a starter.

771715[/snapback]

I think you nailed it. First off, who knows when troy's old ass would ever be back in the lineup. he took his sweet time returning 2 years ago when he was hurt. Also, Once Ko starts and gains experience with the cover 2 and this defense, it'd be tough to yank him from the lineup. No way vincent would take a demotion to 2nd string either. A smart move by the Bills, and probably the end of TV's career.

Has this guy ever been healthy?  He has been collecting big money for 15 years for NOTHING.  Injury prone kitty.

Now, with that out of the way, Ko Simpson is looking good.  And he and Donte give us a nice secondary for next season.

771757[/snapback]

I guess those idiots who picked all those safeties had some reason after all.

Has this guy ever been healthy?  He has been collecting big money for 15 years for NOTHING.  Injury prone kitty.

Now, with that out of the way, Ko Simpson is looking good.  And he and Donte give us a nice secondary for next season.

771757[/snapback]

They let you out again? good grief. <_<

771757[/snapback]

If by NOTHING you mean 5 pro-bowls and various other achievments....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/2225/

I don't understand going on IR for a 3-4 week injury either.  The injury must be more severe than that.  Or he may not be able to come back?  He will be done.  Too bad, I thought he could have provided some vet leadership in the secondary.

771759[/snapback]

Or they figured that in 3-4 weeks Ko would be a better option anyway and they're keepinp Vincent around to help teach Ko and Donte?

Vincent didn't exactly have a great season last year either.

I'm not clear about what you are saying....

Vincent is an old player, but the loss kills them?

771739[/snapback]

If this was their plan they should have just cut Vincent and kept Baker. Older players tend to get injuries that will keep them out for a few weeks during the season. Coming off last year's injury riddled season did anybody expect Vincent to suit up for 16 weeks this season? So their plan if/when he got hurt was to simply put him on IR if he got dinged up at all? I realize the timing is bad as Bowen still isn't healthy but they knew Bowen wasn't healthy coming into the season (and when they cut Baker). If they thought so little of Vincent that they’d put him on IR for a 3-4 week injury then they should have just cut their ties with him in the pre-season.

On another note, who would have thought that the injury to Bowen would lead to such a chain of events? Wire is still on the roster. Baker was released because they had to have room for Wire. Vincent's season is over because they need a warm body to back up FS since Baker isn't with the team. A rookie will be starting at FS (when it's likely Baker would have been, at least this early in the season). A street FA will be backing Ko up at FS as they don't have to roster space to keep Vincent.

You may not be aware of this but the primary reason the Bills are doing this is to torture you. They know how miserable you are and they just want to add to your misery. You should take it personally.

771723[/snapback]

Where in my post did you get any of this? I simply questioned a move that the team made. How dare I! <_<

I dont post here often, but I said it before the season when they shown Milloy the door they should of told him to take his sidekick with him Vincent has not been a decent football player since he left Philly. We will be better off without him. Hopefully they play Simpson or Bowen could return because I dont want to ever see Coy Wire on the field in a bills uniform again unless it is on special teams.

Or they figured that in 3-4 weeks Ko would be a better option anyway and they're keepinp Vincent around to help teach Ko and Donte?

Vincent didn't exactly have a great season last year either.

771772[/snapback]

The article attached to this thread claims that Vincent had a career high 102 tackles last year but as far as I can tell he only had 42 tackles. That's a pretty big discrepancy. Odd.

Vincent went to the Pro Bowl five consecutive years from 2000-2004 as a cornerback. He's played in 199 NFL games in his career and entered the 2006 season as the NFL leader in interceptions among active players with 47. He tied for the team lead in interceptions in 2005 with four and set a career high with 102 tackles for Buffalo last season.

The article attached to this thread claims that Vincent had a career high 102 tackles last year but as far as I can tell he only had 42 tackles.  That's a pretty big discrepancy. Odd.

Vincent went to the Pro Bowl five consecutive years from 2000-2004 as a cornerback. He's played in 199 NFL games in his career and entered the 2006 season as the NFL leader in interceptions among active players with 47. He tied for the team lead in interceptions in 2005 with four and set a career high with 102 tackles for Buffalo last season.

771799[/snapback]

They were probably counting practice. He's a demon in practice.

Bills sign Leonard... http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4131

771804[/snapback]

Just saw that too. I really hope when Bowen gets healed they cast off Wire and let Leonhard stick.

BTW - is Bowen's injusry still considered a 'bone bruise'? Thought I saw someone throw out 'high ankle sprain' recently - that would be worse IMO (although it sure is taking a hell of a long time for this bone bruise to heal!)

I kind of like the way Leonhard plays -- in the little bit that I have seen him.

He reminds me a bit of Kelso or Steve Freeman. He seems to know how to play the game. The question is whether he has the physical tools. He also seems to be a pretty good special teams player.

I kind of like the way Leonhard plays -- in the little bit that I have seen him.

He reminds me a bit of Kelso or Steve Freeman.  He seems to know how to play the game.  The question is whether he has the physical tools.  He also seems to be a pretty good special teams player.

771818[/snapback]

If I'm not mistaken, he did a bunch of kick/punt returning in college. Not sure where I heard that.

Let's just hire Vincent as a coach now.

771729[/snapback]

No way could I see him taking the job. He is a very successful businessman off the field. He is going after corporate America after he hangs his cleats up for good.

My thought is that the Bills really wanted a roster spot, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Bills come to an injury settlement and still part ways with TV in the near future. I do think him being around Donte as much as possible is very beneficial.