vincent placed on IR

Dan III

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. HUGE news. I liked the idea of keeping Simpson in the lineup, but now we need to find another safety ASAP.

And it looks like the people who suggested cutting TV in the preseason were right; at least we'd still have Baker on the roster instead of scrambling for a replacement...

They put him on IR because the injury was likely to keep him out 3-4 weeks? I'm I the only one that doesn't think this makes much sense?

And I share the sentiments of stevewin, I wish we had Baker as well.

Wow. HUGE news. I liked the idea of keeping Simpson in the lineup, but now we need to find another safety ASAP.

And it looks like the people who suggested cutting TV in the preseason were right; at least we'd still have Baker on the roster instead of scrambling for a replacement...

771691[/snapback]

Has Bowen ever played FS?

They put him on IR because the injury was likely to keep him out 3-4 weeks?  I'm I the only one that doesn't think this makes much sense?

771692[/snapback]

I think it's called "cutting Troy with dignity."

771691[/snapback]

They might have to consider working out a trade in exchange for a future pick.

Needs must, since they seem to be commited to a cover 2 variant so far.

771691[/snapback]

They should have kept Baker over Wire - Baker would have been insurance for both safety positions.

They put him on IR because the injury was likely to keep him out 3-4 weeks?  I'm I the only one that doesn't think this makes much sense?

771692[/snapback]

If he is out for 3-4 weeks, and Bowen is still hurt, we would have to cut a player that we don't want to for the roster spot. Wire can barely play SS and really cannot play FS. So they need a Leonard or someone who can back-up Ko. Plus, if TV is out 3-4 weeks (and even when they come back a hammy that takes 3-4 weeks doesn't really heal completely and TV wasnt that fast to begin with), you're likely better off playing Ko in game 6-16 anyway, once he has had 5 games under his belt as a starter.

Has Bowen ever played FS?

771697[/snapback]

A little in GB, don't know about Washington... but he's still not practicing, so that probably wouldn't help us this week either.

Leonhard is still out there. Looking at the list of safeties on KFFL, not much else is. Jim, I'm guessing your phone is about to ring, if it hasn't already...

(And speaking of phones, V-Coach just buzzed in. They're getting slow...)

If he is out for 3-4 weeks, and Bowen is still hurt, we would have to cut a player that we don't want to for the roster spot. Wire can barely play SS and really cannot play FS. So they need a Leonard or someone who can back-up Ko. Plus, if TV is out 3-4 weeks (and even when they come back a hammy that takes 3-4 weeks doesn't really heal completely and TV wasnt that fast to begin with), you're likely better off playing Ko in game 6-16 anyway, once he has had 5 games under his belt as a starter.

771715[/snapback]

Yeah, but this smacks of a lack of forsight. Vincent is an old player who played injured much of last year. Was it their plan all along that if he got ANY injury this season that kept him out for a few weeks that they'd stick him on IR and then look for a FA signing to fill his spot? Putting Vincent on IR now KILLS the Bills depth at FS for the rest of the year. If Ko goes down for any length of time we'll have a street FA starting in our secondary.

BIG NEWS.......

Well, they are obviously freeing up a roster spot for someone. Just have to find out who.

Also, I think getting Simpson the experience this year will only help us in the future. He has a knack for making plays, but is still a little young. Looks like we will see the future of our safety positions the rest of the year.......and that's a good thing.

Yeah, but this smacks of a lack of forsight.  Vincent is an old player who played injured much of last year.  Was it their plan all along that if he got ANY injury this season that kept him out for a few weeks that they'd stick him on IR and then look for a FA signing to fill his spot?  Putting Vincent on IR now KILLS the Bills depth at FS for the rest of the year.  If Ko goes down for any length of time we'll have a street FA starting in our secondary.

771720[/snapback]

Well you can't plan for more than two guys (Vincent and Bowen) getting hurt. They carried one more safety than they wanted to anyway because they had two rookies back there. Bowen can play FS. Wire can't.

Yeah, but this smacks of a lack of forsight.  Vincent is an old player who played injured much of last year.  Was it their plan all along that if he got ANY injury this season that kept him out for a few weeks that they'd stick him on IR and then look for a FA signing to fill his spot?  Putting Vincent on IR now KILLS the Bills depth at FS for the rest of the year.  If Ko goes down for any length of time we'll have a street FA starting in our secondary.

771720[/snapback]

You may not be aware of this but the primary reason the Bills are doing this is to torture you. They know how miserable you are and they just want to add to your misery. You should take it personally.

i don't know how this works in the NFL but i hope Vincent spends the remainder of the season hanging around working the film room with the "kids".  i think he would be a great teacher.

771725[/snapback]

This is why it's probably better that he's on IR, rather than cut.

That's about as far as the benefit goes, though.

This is shocking, really. Players don't go on IR for a 3-4 week injury. I think everyone's right in that it means we can't wait for both Bowen and Vincent to heal.

That said, I'm glad to see Whitner and Simpson getting the reps and experience they need now, rather than later. It's just unfortunate the reason why.

This is why it's probably better that he's on IR, rather than cut.

That's about as far as the benefit goes, though.

This is shocking, really. Players don't go on IR for a 3-4 week injury. I think everyone's right in that it means we can't wait for both Bowen and Vincent to heal.

That said, I'm glad to see Whitner and Simpson getting the reps and experience they need now, rather than later. It's just unfortunate the reason why.

771728[/snapback]

Right. My guess is they sign Leonhard to back-up Ko until Bowen is healed. Then they cut Leonhard (or Wire), sign a safety to the practice squad and either activate a player from the PS or sign a guy they liked earlier but just didnt have room for. As long as Ko is starting and Bowen will be back, you really don't need the fifth guy then.

i don't know how this works in the NFL but i hope Vincent spends the remainder of the season hanging around working the film room with the "kids".  i think he would be a great teacher.

771725[/snapback]

He better. He's still getting paid a couple million dollars by the Bills.

771726[/snapback]

Amen to that. Gotta love those guaranteed salaries for vested veterans. One drive, one "tackle".

(And yes, considering that he was having problems with that hammy during the preseason, I'm wondering. Maybe I'm too cynical. Or maybe not...)

Right. My guess is they sign Leonhard to back-up Ko until Bowen is healed. Then they cut Leonhard (or Wire), sign a safety to the practice squad and either activate a player from the PS or sign a guy they liked earlier but just didnt have room for. As long as Ko is starting and Bowen will be back, you really don't need the fifth guy then.

771731[/snapback]

What's the word on Bowen lately? Anyone?

771720[/snapback]

I'm not clear about what you are saying....

Vincent is an old player, but the loss kills them?

They better look to sign another halfway decent vet if they think this cover 2 experiment has a chance.

Rookie Ko will get raped by the better qb's and wr's...preseason platitudes notwithstanding.