Will you watch game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals?

Will you watch the game?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will you watch the game?

• yes
    • no
    • no (because the Sabres are not getting the cup)

This NHL season was as entertaining as any sports season that I have followed in a long, long time. Sure, a big part of that was the Sabres success (and conversely, the Bills wrethedness). I have always followed the NHL, always watched as many playoff games as I could. This finals has been very enjoyable. Sure, I would enjoy it a lot more if the Sabres were in the game (probably would have taken a bunch of time off from work- as I did during the ECF), but my distaste for the Hurricanes keeps me intrigued by this match-up. I honestly thought the Canes would win the series pretty easily, to see them embarass themselves the way they did Saturday night, has me chomping at the bit for game 7.

Incidently, living in the Central Time Zone, everything starts a little earlier. I wathced a lot of late NHL games this year. Edmonton sort of became my surrogate team this year. Mostly because of Peca...

anyone have a club to beat the dead horse..move on..you dont like hockey..we got it the first 245 times..

710534[/snapback]

yes, much like all the hockey fans in the soccer threads. Must just be something about these sports that forces all of the children to wave their flags.

we got it the first 245 times..

710534[/snapback]

And that would be once in every one of the 245 different !@#$ing hockey threads in the past 245 !@#$ing hours saying the same !@#$ing thing.

But oh...I'm the one beating a dead horse.

It was better when your team was losing and Darin was the only one really following the team.

And that would be once in every one of the 245 different !@#$ing hockey threads in the past 245 !@#$ing hours saying the same !@#$ing thing.

But oh...I'm the one beating a dead horse.

It was better when your team was losing and Darin was the only one really following the team.

710554[/snapback]

I got an idea...if it is a hockey thread....stay away so that way the people that enjoy the best sport in the world can do so...and no be subjected to your pathetic attempts at humor......

I got an idea...if it is a hockey thread....stay away so that way the people that enjoy the best sport in the world can do so...and no be subjected to your pathetic attempts at humor......

710569[/snapback]

I have an idea. Go to a hockey board and discuss hockey so we don't have to be subjected to your pathetic "Oh, I'm a Sabres fan again now that they're winning" threads. Or is it possible that if you go to a hockey board they will realize you only started cheering for the team again this year?

I got my wife interested in hockey during the Sabres playoff series.

The other night I walked in the living room and she was drinking a Corona and watching the pregame - BEFORE I GOT THERE!

I felt like I was living some lyrics from the Talking Heads ;)

I have a few errands to run tonight after work, and she asks me this morning, "Are you going to be home in time to watch game seven?"

I feel like Rod Serling, but I am loving it while it lasts.

DON'T PINCH ME! :P

Once in Lifetime

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack

And you may find yourself in another part of the world

And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile

And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful

Wife

And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down

Letting the days go by/water flowing underground

Into the blue again/after the moneys gone

Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.

And you may ask yourself

How do I work this?

And you may ask yourself

Where is that large automobile?

And you may tell yourself

This is not my beautiful house!

And you may tell yourself

This is not my beautiful wife!

snipped................

I have an idea. Go to a hockey board and discuss hockey so we don't have to be subjected to your pathetic  "Oh, I'm a Sabres fan again now that they're winning" threads. Or is it possible that if you go to a hockey board they will realize you only started cheering for the team again this year?

710571[/snapback]

Why are you so bitter and angry?

I have an idea. Go to a hockey board and discuss hockey so we don't have to be subjected to your pathetic  "Oh, I'm a Sabres fan again now that they're winning" threads. Or is it possible that if you go to a hockey board they will realize you only started cheering for the team again this year?

710571[/snapback]

are you really this much of an idiot..or are you just trying to be annoying?

are you really this much of an idiot..or are you just trying to be annoying?

710588[/snapback]

Excellent response. Really.

Tell you what. The next time I see a thread asking if I'm doing something like, oh, watching a hockey game, I'll go through my Taterhill Posting Requirements Checklist Ver. 2006 before responding because, let's face it, we wouldn't want to annoy you. And it's much easier for us to pay attention to your requirements than it is, apparently, for you to spend any amount of effort ignoring responses you don't like.

I offer my sincerest apologies on behalf of all of us who post comments that don't meet the TPRC-V.2006 approval requirements.

Tell you what. The next time I see a thread asking if I'm doing something like, oh, watching a hockey game, I'll go through my Taterhill Posting Requirements Checklist Ver. 2006 before responding because, let's face it, we wouldn't want to annoy you.

710597[/snapback]

Better yet: just mention cowbell. He loves that.

710571[/snapback]

You misspelled "Canes"

Better yet: just mention cowbell.  He loves that.

710600[/snapback]

Dear Sir,

Your post has been found in violation of TPRC-V.2006 Section 4, Paragraph 3 in which it is annoying, not funny, and irrelevant to the priorities set forth by TPRC-V.2006. Please cease and desist from providing any further comment without approvel from the committee.

Respectfully,

TPRC-V.2006 Review Committee

Tell you what. The next time I see a thread asking if I'm doing something like, oh, watching a hockey game, I'll go through my Taterhill Posting Requirements Checklist Ver. 2006 before responding because, let's face it, we wouldn't want to annoy you. And it's much easier for us to pay attention to your requirements than it is, apparently, for you to spend any amount of effort ignoring responses you don't like.

I offer my sincerest apologies on behalf of all of us who post comments that don't meet the TPRC-V.2006 approval requirements.

710597[/snapback]

Thanks for your input smart ass. You got to flex your internet muscles. Congrats man!

710597[/snapback]

that is an excellent idea...actually....now that I think about it...it is nuts that that Buffalo fans get excited about a Stanley Cup run...what in the hell were we thinking...

Is the game worth watching? It's pretty obvious the game is slanted towards Carolina. I've seen a couple of trips, a couple of interference plays, and a crosscheck that aren't being called against the Canes. The only call was the blatant killing of the goalie.

Ridiculous.

CW

Is the game worth watching?  It's pretty obvious the game is slanted towards Carolina.  I've seen a couple of trips, a couple of interference plays, and a crosscheck that aren't being called against the Canes.  The only call was the blatant killing of the goalie.

Ridiculous.

CW

710805[/snapback]

I love all you conspiracy theorists. :P

Is the game worth watching?  It's pretty obvious the game is slanted towards Carolina.  I've seen a couple of trips, a couple of interference plays, and a crosscheck that aren't being called against the Canes.  The only call was the blatant killing of the goalie.

Ridiculous.

CW

710805[/snapback]

The officials are reverting to the old "we're not going to decide the game" thing. It's to be expected. I wouldn't say it's slanted toward either team.

I love all you conspiracy theorists.  :P

710807[/snapback]

Not a conspiracy theory, just a fact.

I'm not saying that the refs want the game to go a certain way. But they're sure not calling anything..

Scratch that, they're calling a penalty against Edmonton. Maybe it IS a conspiracy theory. ;)

Of course, I don't relaly want to see Peca get his name on the cup, so I don't care either way.

CW