Bills sign safety Matt Bowen

IBTG81

Come on...get Fabini...show me SOME effort towards the O-Line.

Good news about Bowens though...at the very least, he'll provide good depth and hopefully even push Coy Wire right off the roster.

632686[/snapback]

I never looked at it that way. WELCOME MATT!!!!!!!!!!!

First, it's BOWEN.

Second, check out this link

Matt Bowen

The second coming of Frank Reich, this boy.

Maybe the Bills are missing a little FAITH...

and

...PEACE!

632691[/snapback]

Praise Jeebus.

And think about it, we've all PRAYED for the last two years for some way to get Coy Wire off the roster...and finally the Lord has sent us down a reply.

:doh:

Oh joy. Must be Bowen had no other offers.

Way to address the O-line you old fuddy duddies.

632679[/snapback]

Hey fool, they addressed a need, stop complainin. He may not be a stud but he is a solid player. Hopefully they will make a move with Fabini. GO BILLS!

Hey fool, they addressed a need, stop complainin. He may not be a stud but he is a solid player. Hopefully they will make a move with Fabini. GO BILLS!

632697[/snapback]

So solid that Washington jettisoned him so easily. Keep drinking the Geritol Kool-aid.

I sincerely hope he's a much different player than the "deer in the headlights" guy I remember from the Packers.  Not that it isn't possible...

632704[/snapback]

According to the article he was in Green Bay before he was in Washington so yeah that was probably him.

Buffalo is his 4th team in his 6 years in the NFL and he's at the top of our depth chart? :doh:

According to the article he was in Green Bay before he was in Washington so yeah that was probably him.

Buffalo is his 4th team in his 6 years in the NFL and he's at the top of our depth chart? :doh:

632713[/snapback]

From what I've read it sounds like Bowen was the 'Skins starting SS in 2003 and was having a great start to 2004 before a knee injury forced him out of the lineup and couldn't regain the job in training camp last year. Though he got cut because the Skins paid him big money ($2 million a season). I think he'll have a good chance to start here but still bring a guy in the draft to compete with him.

632713[/snapback]

What's your point? B-)

What's your point?  :doh:

632778[/snapback]

Don't mean to speak for him but the point is we are getting guys that are, at best, quality depth, and they are making they're way to the top of the depth chart. These may be great pick-ups but it appears the Bills have a very low inventory of thoroughbreds and a high collection of nags. Hope I'm dead wrong but this isn't the offseason I was hoping for ..... so far.

Don't mean to speak for him but the point is we are getting guys that are, at best, quality depth, and they are making they're way to the top of the depth chart. These may be great pick-ups but it appears the Bills have a very low inventory of thoroughbreds and a high collection of nags. Hope I'm dead wrong but this isn't the offseason I was hoping for ..... so far.

632786[/snapback]

I was just bustin on Simon (i knew what he meant). But, thanks for steppin in. Shows class. Some of the low-life bastards on This Wall could learn a thing or two from you.

His best year came in 2003,   :D when he had career highs with 83 tackles and three interceptions in 16 starts with the Redskins.

Marv must think the special teams are gonna be on the field a lot in 2006.

632803[/snapback]

Scroll up and read Jokeman's more optimistic (and more detailed) take on this.

I live in Washington, and Matt Bowen is terrible. His last year in GB he got torched in the playoffs when thrown into the starting role because of injuries ahead of him. In Washington he was just as bad. GB and Washington both didn't want this bum back. What is Levy doing?????

Good news about Bowens though...at the very least, he'll provide good depth and hopefully even push Coy Wire right off the roster.

632686[/snapback]

You are exactly correct

Hopefully it will only be a matter of time before I don't have to say anymore

CW < RJ

You are exactly correct

Hopefully it will only be a matter of time before I don't have to say anymore

CW < RJ

632853[/snapback]

Sounds like we signed another backup hope we didnt overspend again

Grade 67

Expert's Take Bowen is a veteran whom Washington signed away from Green Bay as an RFA a few years ago, but he never became the player the Redskins hoped he would. He is not good enough to start and is just average as a backup, because he never really developed into a dominant special-teams player. He is a one-dimensional player in that he is much better vs. the run than the pass. He is just an average athlete, and he struggles at times to play in space. He'll get some looks as a backup, because he is tough, smart and offers some veteran leadership.