Bills sign safety Matt Bowen

IBTG81

Another interesting note - just saw the defensive coach interviews article - Rashad Baker to compete for SS as well - from George Catavolos:

Coy Wire and Rashad Baker are going to get an opportunity to compete at the strong safety position

Def coaches iview

From espn.com - sorry if this was alreay posted:

[I]Bowen find home in Buffalo

Safety Matt Bowen didn't take long to find a new home after he was released over the weekend by the Redskins.

After visiting the Bills, he agreed to a two-year, $2 million deal to work with new coach Dick Jauron. Bowen is considered one of the faster safeties in football. The Bills signed him for his speed and ability to fly down the field.

He comes in to a secondary that lost safety Lawyer Milloy.

-- John Clayton

They have said they are going for a faster defense, and this signing doesn't exactly break the bank.

Praise Jeebus.

And think about it, we've all PRAYED for the last two years for some way to get Coy Wire off the roster...and finally the Lord has sent us down a reply.

:D

632695[/snapback]

Never underestimate the power of prayer....just be careful what you pray for

From espn.com - sorry if this was alreay posted:

[I]Bowen find home in Buffalo

Safety Matt Bowen didn't take long to find a new home after he was released over the weekend by the Redskins.

After visiting the Bills, he agreed to a two-year, $2 million deal to work with new coach Dick Jauron. Bowen is considered one of the faster safeties in football. The Bills signed him for his speed and ability to fly down the field.

He comes in to a secondary that lost safety Lawyer Milloy.

-- John Clayton

They have said they are going for a faster defense, and this signing doesn't exactly break the bank.

632891[/snapback]

Clayton < RJ

PM me your address and i'll mail you some midol.

632857[/snapback]

He's got a legit complaint.

Instead of a Shaffer, we pick up that AZ scrub.

Instead of a Tank Williams, we pick up this arse-clown.

You can't cook a turd and call it filet mignon.

I dont know what to think of matt bowen. Is he good or not. God knows that we need a saftey and he does have speed but there is a lot more to the position than that. Plus is he our number one. The DB coach has coached him before so i assume he knows what hes got.