Same old Drew

Pete

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 for 7 on two potential game winning drives including a 2 yard pass on 4th & 4. Other than one big play- the 70 yard flea flicker, Bledsoe was crap. All short dump passes for 3-4 yards. He is the same as he was in Buffalo. Dallas can have him. They will go nowhere with him just like the Bills did.

Anyway, here goes with the "hate" starting lineup:

1) Rico, aka "Rico Henderson"

2) ajzepp

3) eball

4) Pete

5) Alaska Darin

6) Joe Six Pack

7) Promo the Robot

8) mead107

9) obie wan

DH) Gavin

bench warmer: cablelady

Perhaps we can convince ajzepp to persuade LanaK5 to be one of our coaches!  :D

PS: My apologies are extended to anyone who doesn't see this as a lame attempt at humor. This is NOT personal....just having fun.  ;)

447632[/snapback]

I am offended that I am not in the lineup. I have been accused of beating a dead horse many times. Doesn't that count for something? :P

Thank God it was a night game.  With the magnifying glass Bledsoe is under he would probably burn up if the sun was out.

448514[/snapback]

What's that I hear in the background?? Sounds like....violins!

I am offended that I am not in the lineup.  I have been accused of beating a dead horse many times.  Doesn't that count for something? ;)

448527[/snapback]

You and I can do the Julio Franco/Adam LaRoche thing....we need you in the lineup! :D

13 points sucks when your opponent scores 14 or more.  It's fine when they score 12 or less.  This is another of those concepts you seem to have a hard time with.  DDC baby!

448546[/snapback]

I see so if the Cowboys lose 90-89, and Drew goes 50-50 and 600 yards with 10 TD's, 0 Int's, 0 fumbles, and no sacks. He still sucks because he didn't score more then the other team.

Gotha, I thought this was a team game, and kickers had to make chip shots and receivers had to go to the yardage markers.

I didn't understand you logic, but I think I do now. :D

I see so if the Cowboys lose 90-89, and Drew goes 50-50 and 600 yards with 10 TD's, 0 Int's, 0 fumbles, and no sacks.  He still sucks because he didn't score more then the other team. 

Gotha, I thought this was a team game, and kickers had to make chip shots and receivers had to go to the yardage markers. 

I didn't understand you logic, but I think I do now.  :D

448598[/snapback]

All I know is I figured it would be a low score one point game, whoever won and I nailed 27 points. Gotha's, by the way, were World War One German bombers.

I obviously know more than you.

All I know is I figured it would be a low score one point game, whoever won and I nailed 27 points. Gotha's, by the way, were World War One German bombers.

I obviously know more than you.

448631[/snapback]

Umm.. no doubt. Never said I know everything.

I am offended that I am not in the lineup.  I have been accused of beating a dead horse many times.  Doesn't that count for something? :P

448527[/snapback]

Definitely a watered-down line-up. You surely belong, along with Spiked and Foxboro Mike. ;)

And if I'm leading off, I'd rather be Rico Campaneris... except my bat wouldn't fly over his head. :D

I see so if the Cowboys lose 90-89, and Drew goes 50-50 and 600 yards with 10 TD's, 0 Int's, 0 fumbles, and no sacks.  He still sucks because he didn't score more then the other team. 

I didn't understand you logic, but I think I do now.  :D

I don't recall anyone bashing Drew for the Bills losing that shootout in 2002 with the Raiders. However scoring only 13 points will usually NOT be enough to win a game. Drew had chances to add to that, but couldn't.

Definitely a watered-down line-up. You surely belong, along with Spiked and Foxboro Mike.  :D

And if I'm leading off, I'd rather be Rico Campaneris... except my bat wouldn't fly over his head. :D

448671[/snapback]

Thanks for your support. I knew I could count on you. ;)

I wonder who the opposing lineup should consist of? :P

Thanks for your support.  I knew I could count on you. :D

I wonder who the opposing lineup should consist of? :P

448687[/snapback]

You'd have to start with the Dead Horse Beaters Club, 7000 Posts in Six Months, and a few other psuedonyms. :D

How je jeune. ;)

Unbeleivable. New boatloads of excuses for Drew from the enablers. This year he has the line, the hall of fame coach, WRs, a stud RB and a great TE. Its deja vu all over again. Drew squanders field position, cannot put together a sustained drive, cannot put the ball in the endzone(besides a fleaflicker), cannot get a first down when it counts, and does his usual choke on MNF. Its the defenses fault that Drew could not put the game away and get a first down. Parcells playcalling was put on Drews shoulders and Drew fugged up the two drives which mattered. A couple of first downs and the game is over 13-0. I am sure Jerry Jones and Parcells take solace that Drew had a 90 rating. It supercedes the fact that he could only put up 13 points and could not put the game away with first downs. Drew had nothing to do with the Cowboys losing. Nothing- its all the defenses fault. And the cheerleaders fault. And the gatorade boys fault. Drew is absolved.

Unbeleivable.  New boatloads of excuses for Drew from the enablers.  This year he has the line, the hall of fame coach, WRs, a stud RB and a great TE.  Its deja vu all over again.  Drew squanders field position, cannot put together a sustained drive, cannot put the ball in the endzone(besides a fleaflicker), cannot get a first down when it counts, and does his usual choke on MNF.  Its the defenses fault that Drew could not put the game away and get a first down.  Parcells playcalling was put on Drews shoulders and Drew fugged up the two drives which mattered.  A couple of first downs and the game is over 13-0. I am sure Jerry Jones and Parcells take solace that Drew had a 90 rating.  It supercedes the fact that he could only put up 13 points and could not put the game away with first downs.  Drew had nothing to do with the Cowboys losing.  Nothing- its all the defenses fault.  And the cheerleaders fault.  And the gatorade boys fault.  Drew is absolved.

448809[/snapback]

It is high...it is far....it is GONE! :(

Unbeleivable.  New boatloads of excuses for Drew from the enablers.  This year he has the line, the hall of fame coach, WRs, a stud RB and a great TE.  Its deja vu all over again.  Drew squanders field position, cannot put together a sustained drive, cannot put the ball in the endzone(besides a fleaflicker), cannot get a first down when it counts, and does his usual choke on MNF.  Its the defenses fault that Drew could not put the game away and get a first down.  Parcells playcalling was put on Drews shoulders and Drew fugged up the two drives which mattered.  A couple of first downs and the game is over 13-0. I am sure Jerry Jones and Parcells take solace that Drew had a 90 rating.  It supercedes the fact that he could only put up 13 points and could not put the game away with first downs.  Drew had nothing to do with the Cowboys losing.  Nothing- its all the defenses fault.  And the cheerleaders fault.  And the gatorade boys fault.  Drew is absolved.

448809[/snapback]

thx pete. i didn't even have to slide.

448809[/snapback]

How many td throws does JP have for the year?

How many does Drew?

He threw for a friggen first down at the end of the game and it was called back because of Adams' penalty.

He threw for another first down that would have been a first down had the receiver run the correct route.

The fact of the matter is that Drew is playing much better than JP at this point. The hate for Drew on this board is uncalled for and inexplicable.

Although I think that the Bills gave control of the offense to JP a year or so too soon, I am rooting for him to be a succesful QB this year. I really hope that he can pull it together and use this last game as a learning experience.

He is going to have the opportunity to prove himself and succeed this year. Opposing teams are going to follow the Bucs blue print of crowding the line of scrimmage to defend against Willis and dare the Bills to pass. The opportunity is going to be there for JP to have a big game. I hope he does. He seems like a good guy and has the ability. We shall see whether the Bills made him the starting QB too soon.

The fact of the matter is that Drew is playing much better than JP at this point.  The hate for Drew on this board is uncalled for and inexplicable.

We shall see whether the Bills made him the starting QB too soon.

449195[/snapback]

The horse ain't movin, but I'm gonna keep swingin at him:

JP may or may not be the answer in Buffalo, we don't know yet...BUT, Drewbie WAS NOT the answer! This much we do know!!!

The horse ain't movin, but I'm gonna keep swingin at him:

JP may or may not be the answer in Buffalo, we don't know yet...BUT, Drewbie WAS NOT the answer!  This much we do know!!!

449201[/snapback]

There is part of me that thinks that the Bills did Drew a huge favor. We just have not had the kind of line that we need to win championships. Our line pales in comparison to our championship years. Unfortunately, the Dallas line is not much better.

Drew does have a much better coach who knows how to use his talents.

I also think that there are a lot of Bills fans that blame the QB for absolutely everything. Because of that, Drew got a disproportionate amount of the blame and continues to get lambasted by the haters club on this board even when he is the NFC offensive player of the week. That in itself shows you the level of illogical hatred that some people have on this board.

He threw for another first down that would have been a first down had the receiver run the correct route.

449195[/snapback]

that comment is priceless. i may need to file it away for future use.

i think last year the bills won a couple of games that they would have won if they didn't lose.

(bill, looks like i'm at bat again....i'm thinking that was maybe a bunt single?)

continues to get lambasted by the haters club on this board even when he is the NFC offensive player of the week. .

449209[/snapback]

That's great. Nice week. The problem is, that's not Drew. Drew played Monday night against Washington. The Week 1 guy was a function of Drew who can appear MAYBE 3 times a season. It's sad to watch his incompetence after 12 years in the league.

If he was smart he would have signed with Arizona so he could play those NFC West teams that he was so "great" against last year.

that comment is priceless.  i may need to file it away for future use.

i think last year the bills won a couple of games that they would have won if they didn't lose.

(bill, looks like i'm at bat again....i'm thinking that was maybe a bunt single?)

449215[/snapback]

I think that I will stick to taking John Madden's word for it rather than yours.

The guy was supposed to run a route beyond the first down marker. Period. As Madden said, not only are you supposed to do it on third down, you damn well better do it on fourth down.

Your response(s) is/are priceless given its/their myopic focus on blasting all things Drew.

I think that I will stick to taking John Madden's word for it rather than yours.

The guy was supposed to run a route beyond the first down marker.  Period.  As Madden said, not only are you supposed to do it on third down, you damn well better do it on fourth down.

Your response(s) is/are priceless given its/their myopic focus on blasting all things Drew.

449231[/snapback]

When you're up against the chief Drew haters and their team of sicko-phants

don't expect reasonable responses. Expect a litany of one up insults and self congratulatory drivel.

Drew can win it all this year and JP can tank, but in the end he " wasn't the answer". It's frankly laughable.

When you're up against the chief Drew haters and their team of sicko-phants

don't expect reasonable responses.  Expect a litany of one up insults and self congratulatory drivel. 

Drew can win it all this year and JP can tank, but in the end he " wasn't the answer".  It's frankly laughable.

449255[/snapback]

You are absolutely correct.

Drew can win it all this year and JP can tank, but in the end he " wasn't the answer".  It's frankly laughable.

449255[/snapback]

shameless, are you really stephen a. smith? if so, please type in all caps so we can imagine you screaming at the computer.

449255[/snapback]

The first team that cut Drew has won it all three times in four years, including going 0-2 with Drew before inserting a 6th round pick to win their first title. And remember the QB controversy the week before the S.B.? Drew came in and threw a TD in the AFC title game when Brady got hurt. They went with Brady in the Super Bowl.....hmmmmm.....

And FYI, I didn't say JP was the answer, I said we didn't know yet. Maybe in 2-3 years we will find out. But we DO know that Drew IS NOT the answer.

Drew getting picked by the Burger King is "frankly laughable."

The guy was supposed to run a route beyond the first down marker.  Period.  As Madden said, not only are you supposed to do it on third down, you damn well better do it on fourth down.

449231[/snapback]

Yah the WR is supposed to run the route past the marker...but as the QB, Drew needs to put the ball to a WR that is past the marker. Its a share of fault actually.

Yah the WR is supposed to run the route past the marker...but as the QB, Drew needs to put the ball to a WR that is past the marker.  Its a share of fault actually.

449312[/snapback]

You ever watch a game from low seat in the endzone?

Can you honestly tell me howfar someone is downfield? :(