Do think Beane will make any trades before week 1?

In years past, with a deep and talented roster Beane has found some value for a guy who either finished further down the depth chart at a crowded position or was someone that they were going to cut.  But this year is a little bit different with a bigger mix of vets and youth than we have seen in the past, so it's a bit harder to project right now.  We also have three 4th round picks next year, which might open up the possibility for Beane to pull the trigger to bolster somewhere if another team makes an interesting player available as we also have a little cap flexibility too.    

So, is there anyone or even a positional group on the roster where you think Beane may try and trade someone out and get a little value for?  And do you think Beane may make a trade to bolster a positional group, and if so, which one?

• Like (+1) 1

For me, it's hard to believe we're going into the season with this receiving corp.  A rookie and a bunch of jags imo.    Not throwing shade on Shakir or anyone, but I hope this corp keeps us in games.

Yes, i'm nervous.  Also need more edge.   This could be a long season.

• Eyeroll 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

I could see maybe some bottom of the roster pieces being traded for day 3 picks if they were unlikely to make the 53 anyway.

As far as bringing in players for the 53, I wouldn't expect it unless we have some significant camp injuries.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

Yes-  I think he’ll get a 6th or a 7th for a guy he was going to cut

21 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

For me, it's hard to believe we're going into the season with this receiving corp.  A rookie and a bunch of jags imo.    Not throwing shade on Shakir or anyone, but I hope this corp keeps us in games.

Calling Shakir and Samuel jags IS throwing shade. Are they great players?  Haven’t shown to be yet, but that doesn’t make them jags.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I do. 

I don't think we trade for anyone unless it's a lower roster type player for player deal. But I can see him moving an OL guy for a 2026 6th or something. 

I think the next trade activity we would see from Beane would be near the deadline to cover for injuries or if a position group was flat out not working out 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not this year.  I think cash will be saved for the November FA period to backfill injuries and boost areas like pass rush or the secondary.

I think this year's team is 99.9% what you see going into camp.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Me too. I didn't think it was going to happen this way.  I thought there was going to be a trade for a WR after getting the Tre money but that has passed.

From an ownership/GM perspective this looks like a reset/cash limited/cap restoring kind of year.  If the Bills don't get a KC type fluke postseason run maybe they'll make a decent sized WR move next off-season to help usher in the new stadium.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Nope.  I think he's going to be gun's a blazing next year.  I really think DK Metcalf will be a Bill next season.

We do have the extra ammo between having two 2nd round picks and three 4th round picks right now if Beane wants to make a move next year either for a player or move around the draft.  However, I can't see us making a move for DK unless the top end of the WR room underwhelms this year...which is obviously possible as this group is untested as a unit.  But, if Keon makes an impact and Shakir takes another step along with Kincaid, I am doubtful he makes a big splash move for a WR.  I think its more likley with Von's deal gone we might see Beane make a move for a proven pass rusher next year.  

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Echoing others:

I don't think Beane will be acquiring any players via trade, but I could see him trading away a player or two for draft picks.

Kaiir Elam and an interior lineman (Will Clapp?) would be my most likely candidates.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

Calling it now - Will Clapp gets traded to the Chargers for a late round pick. 

Given the acquisition of SVPG in the 5th round, who many project as a steal and future starting C, I could see this move happening.  When Clapp was signed, they didn't know what they would get in the draft.

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We do have the extra ammo between having two 2nd round picks and three 4th round picks right now if Beane wants to make a move next year either for a player or move around the draft.  However, I can't see us making a move for DK unless the top end of the WR room underwhelms this year...which is obviously possible as this group is untested as a unit.  But, if Keon makes an impact and Shakir takes another step along with Kincaid, I am doubtful he makes a big splash move for a WR.  I think its more likley with Von's deal gone we might see Beane make a move for a proven pass rusher next year.  

There was this caller named Dennis on WGR.  He stated something along the lines that Beane selected Coleman knowing he will never be that elite, top end WR.  Give Allen good to solid weapons and good protection.  I looked at the top WR contracts.  Of the top 20, only 3 have Super Bowl rings and one of those Tyreek Hill, didn't win his with the Dolphins.   Allen spreads the ball out well...maybe he doesn't need that $30 million guy eating all that cap.

So I can agree with him putting that money towards the DL.

• Like (+1) 1