Jump to content

A Super Bowl in London?


Recommended Posts

“We have a number of American football games and I want it to come here because we want American sports fans in Europe to come to London to watch them, not just go to America.”

 

the BALLS!!

  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't mind it being there but be sure to fix that field as last thing you want is teams getting players hurt in the most important game of the season. 

Just now, Augie said:

But first, I think Big Ben would look nice somewhere in the Midwest. 

He played at Miami of Ohio ;)

  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

I don't mind it being there but be sure to fix that field as last thing you want is teams getting players hurt in the most important game of the season. 

He played at Miami of Ohio ;)

 

I meant the one that could actually tell time. 

  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

UK-based NFL fan here....

 

... and I think this is a terrible idea! 

 

The Superbowl is a quintessentially American event. It's part of why we enjoy the sport

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GrimboG said:

UK-based NFL fan here....

 

... and I think this is a terrible idea! 

 

The Superbowl is a quintessentially American event. It's part of why we enjoy the sport

Imagine the FA Cup finals played in America

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It won't happen. I think the time difference is a limiting factor here. Realistically the latest you can kick off to get it all in and get people out of the stadium and back to their hotels etc is about 7pm. That's 11am Pacific time. Do the NFL really want a Superbowl kicking off then? 

 

Of course Sadiq wants it. He is the Mayor of London and it would bring in a chunk of revenue. I might be biased of course but London is the greatest city on earth IMO, it just isn't the right place for the Superbowl. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Khan is just not a good person nor is he fit to be the representation for London. This is a terrible idea and there are greater issues that should be addressed that fall under his responsibility than trying to land a Super Bowl.

 

Eff him. 

  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

Imagine the FA Cup finals played in America

 

That competition is dead now. You'd be welcome to them.

 

On the SB in London, I agree with Grimbo and Gunner. It's not for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It won't happen. I think the time difference is a limiting factor here. Realistically the latest you can kick off to get it all in and get people out of the stadium and back to their hotels etc is about 7pm. That's 11am Pacific time. Do the NFL really want a Superbowl kicking off then? 

 

Of course Sadiq wants it. He is the Mayor of London and it would bring in a chunk of revenue. I might be biased of course but London is the greatest city on earth IMO, it just isn't the right place for the Superbowl. 

 

You cannot tell me London is better than Buffalo.  Buffalo has better food (except pizza because Buffalo pizza is awful) and a better football team.  

  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It won't happen. I think the time difference is a limiting factor here. Realistically the latest you can kick off to get it all in and get people out of the stadium and back to their hotels etc is about 7pm. That's 11am Pacific time. Do the NFL really want a Superbowl kicking off then? 

 

Of course Sadiq wants it. He is the Mayor of London and it would bring in a chunk of revenue. I might be biased of course but London is the greatest city on earth IMO, it just isn't the right place for the Superbowl. 

 

Good point on the time difference. For that reason alone, it won't be held in London.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...