Antonio Brown is declaring bankruptcy

Sometimes a self absorbed a$$hat is just a self absorbed a$$hat.  

probably an accounting stunt too to get him out of legal trouble. 

He will now start suing everyone he can to try to reclaim money etc.  just watch. 

such a complete waste of talent. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

There’s a difference between ADHD and CTE. 

Whatever laugh at him and feel better about yourselves. Every last one of you will hide under a rock and pretend like you didn’t laugh after it comes out how damaged his brain was. 

To a certain point you got to be responsible for your own actions. Lots of ex players probably have CTE who don't act this bizarre.

Aaron Hernandez had CTE- does that excuse him of killing 3 people?

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Athletes from all sports are famous for being idiots with money and filing bankruptcy shortly after retirement. It’s not just a CTE thing. 

https://www.abi.org/feed-item/how-athletes-go-bankrupt-at-an-alarming-rate

Marshawn Lynch was one of the smart ones.  I read a report that he only spent his endorsement money and saved every dime of his salary while he was in the league.  Sportrac says he made $56m.

"I'm just here so I won't get fined."

7 hours ago, JROC INTEL said:

Remember bankruptcy does not mean you’re broke. It simply means you can’t afford your debts, ie. your mortgage. He could downsize and still be filthy rich. 

I also obviously don’t know his situation, just stating a possibility. 

Whatever assets Brown still has would need to be used to repay debts.    If he was filthy rich ,  he would not need to declare bankruptcy

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Marshawn Lynch was one of the smart ones.  I read a report that he only spent his endorsement money and saved every dime of his salary while he was in the league.  Sportrac says he made $56m.

I heard Gronk did the same.  

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I’ve heard that, but it just doesn’t sound right.  :)

Gronk too. I guess you never know……

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Very proud of your Armchair Diagnostician Certificate, aintcha?  Bet you have it framed and mounted on your wall.

AB has a history of erratic behavior that stretches back before college - he was expelled from FIU before he played a snap for them.  He had trouble at Central Michigan showing up for meetings and practices.  It seems as though numerous people at different times of his life tried to take him under their wing and help him starting with his WR coach in college and his wife and ending with Tom Brady.

He may have a mental illness, he may have a medical condition that affected his brain starting in childhood and kept him from ever really learning to adult, he may have CTE.  And, drug use and alcohol may well have played a role.  Sitting in a chair hundreds or thousands of miles away and never having examined or tested or treated the guy, you can't possibly know what the root cause of his problems and behavior is.

We do know there are plenty of guys who have taken as many hits as AB ever did or more who are far more functional.

We do indeed know many, far more functional.

My bet is they do find CTE. Sounds like he's always been a jackass but he was worth putting up with for years and years, until things accelerated insanely and he wasn't, even while in Pittsburgh he was still wildly productive.

Ryan Clark says there's always been selfishness there, and maybe some narcissism. IMO it's gone beyond that into absolute weirdness and self-destructiveness.

35 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I heard Gronk did the same.  

Ocho Cinco didn't manage that, quite, but he saved like crazy. Great story about living in the stadium early in his career, too.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chad-ochocinco-saved-83-nfl-140000522.html

The question is how you can save salary and not be near-insane about it. Marshawn was famous here for going into bars and bringing his own booze. And for taking money off a fan which he claims led to his having to leave Buffalo, because the cops hated him so much.

Edited by Thurman#1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Ocho Cinco didn't manage that, quite, but he saved like crazy. Great story about living in the stadium early in his career, too.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chad-ochocinco-saved-83-nfl-140000522.html

The question is how you can save salary and not be near-insane about it. Marshawn was famous here for going into bars and bringing his own booze. And for taking money off a fan which he claims led to his having to leave Buffalo, because the cops hated him so much.

I wonder where he slept, if stadiums and front offices have rooms with beds for their front office people that work late nights.  

EDIT: Found my answer, he'd sleep on the couches

https://youtu.be/raphMSSJ3mw?si=uNwMx_8R4kL3DymX

Edited by Just Jack

10 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Mentally bankrupt too

While others are playing Doctor on the internet, I feel like this is truly your field of expertise. 

:)

• Like (+1) 2