2024 Draft Embedded--Has Dropped.

Posted (edited)

I love these highly edited, extended PR videos and look forward to them after every draft.  Very well done and we get to see some of the decision making process and the draft room interactions.  So, we do learn something from them.  Sad Kim still can't be there to offer her home baked cookies to the room and have McD make a face when he was offered.  

Link:  Inside the Bills' 2024 Draft

image.png.320b18da0c45bd61860e693246c490cf.png

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
Update
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Sugar is one of the basic enjoyments of life that go against "the process"

These videos do reveal some of "the process," sugary baked goods included.  We only get to see the parts that they want us to see or that they can let us see (we probably can't see comments about  players taken by other teams, for instance) but even the UDFA signings process have a process.  Beane cares about every player he puts on the roster.  I think it really bothers him when he loses out on his coveted players.  It explains the trade ups he's made over the years more than anything else, imo.  Small investments to make to ensure the player you wanted didn't go to another team and you have lingering feelings of regret.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

It drops at 7 PM tonight.  I love these highly edited, extended PR videos and look forward to them after every draft.  Very well done and we get to see some of the decision making process and the draft room interactions.  So, we do learn something from them.  Sad Kim still can't be there to offer her home baked cookies to the room and have McD make a face when he was offered.  

image.png.320b18da0c45bd61860e693246c490cf.png

Love these too, thanks for the heads up

6 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Sugar is one of the basic enjoyments of life that go against "the process"

I am guilty of half a dozen others …. 

Posted (edited)

I don’t have the exact quote but Beane basically said once he saw the last guy going his last tier he wanted Coleman in the next tier.

Can probably say that was Thomas he was referring to

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, DJB said:

I don’t have the exact quote but Beane basically said once he saw the last guy going his last tier he wanted Coleman in the next tier.

Can probably say that was Thomas he was referring to

I'm curious, why did BB not move up for Thomas? What 6 spots? ....an extra 2025 2nd? I don't believe I've heard Tasker or Brownie unpack that one.

4 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I'm curious, why did BB not move up for Thomas? What 6 spots? ....an extra 2025 2nd? I don't believe I've heard Tasker or Brownie unpack that one.

Beane said in his presser moving up in the draft was going to cost pick 60.  He was unwilling to give that up since they had more players with 2nd round grades and saw day 2 as the real value in the draft.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Beane said in his presser moving up in the draft was going to cost pick 60.  He was unwilling to give that up since they had more players with 2nd round grades and saw day 2 as the real value in the draft.

I don’t remember that quote but I guess we can mark down Coleman + Bishop vs Thomas and see how it plays out

Thanks for sharing that info!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zevo said:

Man did they want Cole 

Yeah I remember that being quite evident in Beane's post draft presser that night.

It was just obvious in the way they spoke about him that they were really fired up about getting him. I believe Beane mentioned they tried but failed to move up for him, and were getting worried he wouldn't be there. 

As I recall, they also turned in the draft card in record time.

Someone in those scouting meetings was clearly pounding the table for Cole Bishop.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Yeah ok, but I would have pulled those 2025 picks out of my pocket and went shopping. There were numerous teams with multiple picks in rounds 2 and 3.

So next year we got bookoo picks and FA money. IMO, this was the time to gamble. You're either drafting or paying, this year we needed to draft.

I'm ok with the picks, but we coulda loaded up.

I would have rather gained a Burton or Walker and added another DT or something....in addition to....

BTW, the guy I'm hanging my hat on is Solomon. This team needs what only other teams seem to get on the DL.

Edited by nosejob
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Yeah I remember that being quite evident in Beane's post draft presser that night.

It was just obvious in the way they spoke about him that they were really fired up about getting him. I believe Beane mentioned they tried but failed to move up for him, and were getting worried he wouldn't be there. 

As I recall, they also turned in the draft card in record time.

Someone in those scouting meetings was clearly pounding the table for Cole Bishop.

Have to believe that was McDermott 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Maybe the Jags really wanted BTJ at 23 and didn’t want to trade down…if that’s the case, Bills would have had to go much farther up..