Bills sign Chase Claypool, Smoot, Jones

48 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I'm beginning to believe that it doesn't really matter who we ever bring onto this team..........the fans are going to hate every signing, every prospect, everything........no player is ever good enough for you guys.

Bills sign prime Jerry Rice

Bills fans on this board

"Slow. No thanks"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think you bring in Hamler and Claypool if the plan is to say trade for DK Metcalf after June 1. Those aren't just camp bodies IMO, they're bets on upside. Not that I agree with the strategy but that's my guess.

If you can get DK, get DK.  If you want a Lombardi, get DK at 1 second past 12pm.  Do you remember Moulds?  

Just now, KHAN said:

Lesson2: when you are having a cap reset year you're not signing Boyd or any of the other guys getting paid.

Tell your friend. ;)

Fair.

Now if only there had been a way to find some cheap WR labor with actual talent and upside...Some kind of way where the Bills could have, say, 11 opportunities to add cost-controlled players, and could use two or three of those opportunities to add receivers.

If only.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

52 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

QB's he's played with have been garbage.  No risk signing

Big Ben and Tua are "garbage"?

anyway, classic Beane off-season WR addition.....

Posted (edited)
Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Big Ben and Tua are "garbage"?

anyway, classic Beane off-season WR addition.....

Miami moved him to TE. Learning a new position mid season? Not a natural TE position but still a difficult ask.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I'm beginning to believe that it doesn't really matter who we ever bring onto this team..........the fans are going to hate every signing, every prospect, everything........no player is ever good enough for you guys.

I heard that neither kids or pets trust Claypool.

PASS. 

53 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Hmm this is something at least. My worry is that it means the Bills are done with the WR room though. They are seemingly betting on one of Hamler or Claypool to restore their careers here with no backup plan in place.

At the very least we've added guys to battle in camp.  Claypool and Hamler both have skills

There is also a MASSIVE trend suddenly with adding lots of size at WR

Maybe when Beane and Sean spoke of Explosiveness, they were thinking of physical size ?

This trend also slightly increases my hope we target DK Metcalf in a month

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think you bring in Hamler and Claypool if the plan is to say trade for DK Metcalf after June 1. Those aren't just camp bodies IMO, they're bets on upside. Not that I agree with the strategy but that's my guess.

Or bring in as much as you can with players who have shown talent and let the cream rise to the top? 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's been absolutely terrible a couple of years running. Miami took him on this season and he did nothing there. They don't want him.

But they just signed OBJ instead.

So we're taking their leftovers?

And you can't say Claypool is high character.  

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

DJ Chark signs with the Chargers.
Tyler Boyd signs with a team that already employs Calvin Ridley and DeAndre Hopkins.
Odell Beckham Jr signs with a team that already employs Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Braxton Berrios, and just drafted Malik Washington.

The Bills sign...Chase Claypool and Quintez Cephus.

I'm sure I'll get a few thumbs down and eyeroll emojis for pointing out the wildly uninspiring way in which the Bills are approaching the wide receiver position. Whatever. Pour me a ***** shot.

Chargers lost Allen and Williams

Tyler Boyd is a good get, but is aging quickly

Berrios is quite uninspiring and Malik Washington is a question mark

Bills DRAFTED Keon Coleman, and signed Claypool and Cephus

It may not be sexy, but I have no issues with the Bills taking a chance on two redemption projects to potential bring some impact.

If Allen can motivate these guys in the right way, we could see a really consistent WR room.  Maybe not high end, but consistent.

54 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Per Spotrac Hamler has zero dead cap space no matter when he is cut. His $1M is cheap on its own, but if we want to move on we get it all back. I am guessing that Claypools will be similar even of cost is different. Which means neither player precludes additional moves. 

I don't know much about him, but there's quite a bit of natural physical ability there

If Beane/Sean/WR's coach/Brady believe they can get something out of him, who knows

Suddenly, we have some Huge WR's

Keon Coleman

Justin Shorter

Chase Claypool

Tyrell Shavers 

Quintez Cephus