Tim Graham article on Kim Pegula and Bills ownership

Posted (edited)

Frankly this could be nothing more than if Terry dropped dead, Jessica, being a pro tennis player, wouldn’t need to quit to run a football team.

Plus the NFL probably would feel good about the possibility of an owner as young as Jessica taking over.

Edited by thewookie1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It just makes me sad, for all of them.  Kim, Terry, the children.  

Terry's going to do what he has to do, whatever that may be.   He may stay the course, he actually be thinking about getting out.  

Terry loves the limelight. He isn’t going anywhere.

• Eyeroll 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It is a little strange.

Tim has written as though there was some type of skullduggery or power struggle, and also possibly a family feud between Jessica and Terry due to her Op Ed.  Which I can't imagine her not clearing ahead of time with her Dad, actually, so let's tentatively rule that out.

It seems that other people (not related to Terry Pegula) have also been fired, so it could be as simple as "new boss wants His Guy" and could have nothing to do with Jessica's Op Ed triggering some Family Feud (which is what Tim Graham implies).  Wasn't there a lot of turmoil just around that time, with the new COO being fired for having an affair with a subordinate?

It also wouldn't be a surprise if the kids from the first marriage did not want to be directly involved with the Bills while Kim was taking an active and visible role in management, but now that she's out of the picture, they're stating a preference and claiming precedence.  If Laura is 41 (per Graham article) she would have been 10 when 23 year old Kim married Terry, which has to be...awkward, even if she had no particular animosity towards Kim.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

Met Kim Pegula at training camp just after they acquired the team. She was so pleasant and approachable. She spent about 15 minutes talking to me and my son that day. The next couple of years she would talk to us when she would see us at training camp. Unbelievable to me that she actually could remember us. Even more unbelievable is the way she treated us. It’s rare that a person of her stature would go out of their way to acknowledge just average fans like us. To me, this was her appeal. She cared, not only about the Bills, but also about the fans. It truly is heartbreaking what has happened. I wish her nothing but the best & I'm truly grateful for having met her. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Frankly this could be nothing more than if Terry dropped dead, Jessica, being a pro tennis player, wouldn’t need to quit to run a football team.

That's pretty much how I see it as well.  Would be interested to know the other daughters background though.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

That's pretty much how I see it as well.  Would be interested to know the other daughters background though.

It's in Tim's article.  She has a degree in geology from U. Pittsburgh and is an executive with JKLM Energy, one of Pegula's two petroleum/gas business.  I believe somewhere else it said her brother is an executive working for East Enterprises (or maybe it was Rocky Mountain Oil and Gas?), which is the other Pegula core business.  So she's a businesswoman with experience running things and managing people, albeit not sports teams.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Not sure. I try to be cordial. But damn, why not advise TBD/BBMB folks of the status? I’m sure we’ll get more details. 

They definitely were both on here posting for a bit at separate times until I would imagine Jerry Sullivan's seven burner accounts called them out for not sharing details that would have burned their sources or something.

I can't remember all the specifics, felt silly, especially as they seemed pretty engaged.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

She has a geology degree from Pittsburgh University and also was a college tennis player. That’s about all I know, other than she’s an attractive tall blonde. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's in Tim's article.  She has a degree in geology from U. Pittsburgh and is an executive with JKLM Energy, one of Pegula's two petroleum/gas business.  I believe somewhere else it said her brother is an executive working for East Enterprises (or maybe it was Rocky Mountain Oil and Gas?), which is the other Pegula core business.  So she's a businesswoman with experience running things and managing people, albeit not sports teams.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

She has a geology degree from Pittsburgh University and also was a college tennis player. That’s about all I know, other than she’s an attractive tall blonde. 😉

TY.  Only got a snippet of the article because of the paywall so couldn't see everything.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Anecdotal but I remember she was very much under the radar no fanfare just serving food out of the, I think, 716 tent at Taste of Buffalo. Struck me as down to earth. Hope she is ok as can be.

In unabashed self-interest, I would really love - from the team ownership group itself - some clarity about who will be owning the Bills long-term. If they know.

I don't think it's just you.  When the public financed a stadium for the Bills, IMO, the ownership situation became information to the public interest.  

My #1 fear about the Bills for years has been Terry Pegula passes unexpectedly and chaos unfolds in the aftermath.  

• Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

They definitely were both on here posting for a bit at separate times until I would imagine Jerry Sullivan's seven burner accounts called them out for not sharing details that would have burned their sources or something.

I can't remember all the specifics, felt silly, especially as they seemed pretty engaged.

the skin was sometimes single ply thin and that’s not going to work in this setting 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yes.

Yes, they both used to post here and Tim Graham hasn't for years, while John Wawow changed his user name to @Delete This Account

Yeah, I remember Tim Graham was positing in here right around when I joined iirc, which had to have been somewhere between 2007-2009 I would think (I lurked for a whiiiillle before actually signing up)

It really might have been Jerry Sullivan and seven burner accounts that forced Graham out, based on the time frame... I'm only mostly kidding!

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Go Tim Graham!!! Thanks for putting this behind a paywall. How about just reporting the news to the only (biggest) Bills fan board on the web. Maybe John Wawrow will give us some insight. Stay well, Kim! You’re the best. 

Tim doesn't work for free.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Terry loves the limelight. He isn’t going anywhere.

Huh? The man who avoids press conferences like the plague loves the limelight? 🤔

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Huh? The man who avoids press conferences like the plague loves the limelight? 🤔

He is VERY involved with the Bills. He is on the road with them wherever they go. He absolutely loves the lifestyle of being an NFL owner.

Edited by Beast
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Posted (edited)

1) Tim Graham can be a jerk sometimes but he and Dunne are seemingly the only Buffalo media members willing to publicly speak on PSE’s private matters. Everyone else is too scared to upset the only business in town.

2) The fact that the son-in-law was “fired”, which is very different than resigned, implies that something not great happened. Graham wouldn’t have used that word willy-nilly.

3) The rosy picture that PSE painted when they first rode into town on white horses is being severely eroded in recent years. From the PSE slide-deck release that prioritized the families lifestyle, to the firing of every executive they ever hire, to the disaster that is the Sabres, to now this. As time moves on, I genuinely am becoming convinced that McDermott is keeping this operation stable. I don’t agree with all of his coaching decisions but he is clearly a good man and leader of men.

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah… Terry is the last owner I think of when I think “loves the limelight”. He won’t even give a once-a-year press conference.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1