IF Deebo Samuel were available a) would you want him and b) if so, what would you give up?

a) Not really?  Just in the sense that you also need to pay him, and I don't think he's a good enough fit for the Bills to justify paying him what he's worth.

b) Not much, because again, you also have to pay him.  I like trading Day 3 picks for vets, and I like spending high picks on impact players, and I don't mind paying big free agency bucks to impact players.  But I don't like trading valuable picks for the right to back up the Brinks truck.  Sometimes it's worth it, like with the Diggs trade, but most of the time it's not.

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

He's 28 and honestly while better than what we have, the question is at what cost? If it's a 2nd Round pick sure, if it's more than I have reservations. I also have questions since he really not been as good as he was in 2020 so might be overpaid and as tight we been against the cap perhaps it isn't the wisest of moves.

I'm with you only a 2nd. I might be willing to roll the dice and give up our 2nd in hopes we finish better than the Vikings 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

NO.  He isn't even the best WR on his own team let alone worth what they pay him. 

And Beane flat out said he will not be looking to trade for any of the rumored available WR's.  He likes who we have.  So it doesn't matter if they are available or not, we are not going to be a potential landing spot for him despite, as Beane even puts it, the media linking us to every trade out there.  

Boom.  I mean...enough already.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DJB said:

Can we stop with this? Like seriously I’ve been saying this for weeks ever since Diggs left that we don’t have cap space and now Beane has said it isn’t happening as well. 

let it go GIF

Yep, beane said no trades 

17 hours ago, msw2112 said:

3. Not an outside, down-the-field WR.  His skillset is much more similar to that of Curtis Samuel, who the Bills just signed.  Both guys catch passes in the slot, take handoffs in the backfield, runs sweeps, etc.  They're not identical players, as Deebo plays a more physical, punishing style, while Curtis plays more of a speedy, skill style, but they run a lot of the same type of plays.  Both have speed, but Curtis is faster.

This is the big one.

Deebo Samuel fits what the San Francisco 49ers do on offense, and that's a huge part to his success.

The Bills haven't proven they know how to use a versatile player like him.  They don't even try.