Did we do enough at wide receiver?

Just now, White Linen said:

I kept getting the feeling this hyped up depth at WR was overblown.

Potentially .. maybe seems that way because so many went early. 

We got Gabe Davis in the 4th and Khalil Shakir in the 5th in deep WR classes as well.  Are there those guys on Day 3 this year?  Well see..

3 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Can Shakir handle that load and responsibility? A lot to ask for Diggs in his prime, not so much the second half of last year.

Good question. But Shakir has to be better than Diggs (last year) if fed the ball just as much right?  Maybe not BUT maybe. It'll be fun to see. Man I hope so. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, VW82 said:

It's really not that bad. Kincaid is great receiver. He's going to get a much bigger role. Samuel is solid. Cook catches out of the backfield. Coleman looks like an upgrade over Gabe. It's just seeing Shakir out there in place of Diggs that's going to be jarring. 

Bet we see more 12 personnel this year. 

Its really that bad, check out some opinions outside of TBD

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Nope.

And apparently that's just how Beane likes it. Really disappointing. He came right out and admitted that "other needs" took precedence.

Shavers and Shorter are basically bonus rookies at this point who have direct playbook experience.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Said this in other threads, but I wonder if the addition of Davis will free up Cook for more snaps lined up as a receiver. 

Despite the contrarians on this thread, I think with Diggs gone, Brady (and thus Josh) has the freedom to try anything and with all the skill personnel. We will see 12 personnel (Kincaid and Knox), we'll see Cook split out, Samuel in the backfield and we could easily see Davis and Cook on the field at the same time. 

The most exciting thing is Josh is no longer handcuffed having to feed Diggs.  My bold prediction for this coming season is we'll see the most dynamic offense Josh has ever QB'd.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Bet we run the ball more and play action to offset

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Shakir was better than Diggs down the stretch last season.

Hang on to that Homer. We are a better team now than we was with all the star talent.  I heard it on TBD

If they didn't address the defensive side of the ball, it wouldn't have mattered who JA is throwing to.  Heading in to this offseason, the defense was and still is a greater liability than the WR position.  With that being said, this roster is very much still a work in progress.  Could be a rough season but I think it is setting up better for the future.

7 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hang on to that Homer. We are a better team now than we was with all the star talent.  I heard it on TBD

No one is saying we're a better team. Clearly, we took a step back. Beane acknowledged it was a transition year. We had to restructure everyone and cut and trade a bunch of our best guys. We had holes to fill all over the roster. You're mad because we couldn't do enough at WR. Everyone is mad about that, but there were like 50 things that needed to happen over the last few months to even field a somewhat competitive team and Bills managed to accomplish like 47 of them. It's not bad. 

Edited by VW82

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Despite the contrarians on this thread, I think with Diggs gone, Brady (and thus Josh) has the freedom to try anything and with all the skill personnel. We will see 12 personnel (Kincaid and Knox), we'll see Cook split out, Samuel in the backfield and we could easily see Davis and Cook on the field at the same time. 

The most exciting thing is Josh is no longer handcuffed having to feed Diggs.  My bold prediction for this coming season is we'll see the most dynamic offense Josh has ever QB'd.  

I agree.  Diggs' diva attitude caused JA to force way too many balls his way.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

No one is saying we're a better team. Clearly, we took a step back. Beane acknowledged it was a transition year. We had to restructure everyone and cut and trade a bunch of our best guys. We had holes to fill all over the roster. You're mad because we couldn't do enough at WR. Everyone is mad about that, but there were like 50 things that needed to happen over the last few months and Bills managed to accomplish like 47 of them. It's not bad. 

I'm mad because they could, and didn't.  Same goes for the whole tenure of of Beane/Mcdefense 

Call it what you want, rebuild/reset etc. , but 2024 is not a year the Bills front office is targeting a deep playoff run. In expericened OC, in experienced DC, HC without a deep playoff run resume, new players across the roster.  Its pretty much Josh being good enough to win the AFC East by himself, and hoping for some random playoff magic.  Hopefully this season can help set up 2025 for a deep playoff run. 

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Call it what you want, rebuild/reset etc. , but 2024 is not a year the Bills front office is targeting a deep playoff run. In expericened OC, in experienced DC, HC without a deep playoff run resume, new players across the roster.  Its pretty much Josh being good enough to win the AFC East by himself, and hoping for some random playoff magic.  Hopefully this season can help set up 2025 for a deep playoff run. 

Hopefully it gets our gm and coach fired.  Then we can move forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Potentially .. maybe seems that way because so many went early. 

We got Gabe Davis in the 4th and Khalil Shakir in the 5th in deep WR classes as well.  Are there those guys on Day 3 this year?  Well see..

It got thin quick, IMO.  When KC and Carolina picked, I was already questioning where this amazing depth was.  

Who needs WR and weapons?

This is Buffalo. We need to ground and POUND TOWN.

I trust this FO and coach.

I’m so excited about this draft class that I won’t sleep for months until training camp!!!!! 

so freakin AWESOME.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Primary:

Dalton Kincaid

Curtis Samuel

Khalil Shakir

Keon Coleman

James Cook

Will get targets:

Mack Hollins

Dawson Knox

On the roster to compete: 

Justin Shorter - 5th round pick

KJ Hamler - 3rd

Andy Isabella - 2nd 

Still a few solid WRs in FA we could bring in for a season, but they won’t break the top 5 targets. 

If last season wasn't good enough regarding the WRs on hand, how on earth are the same people that thought that going to reconcile that this season is.