First look at Bills 2024 roster

Our draft is over, so here is my first look at 2024 roster. I included 9 rookies, I guess all of them have a good chance. I know a lot will change; this is just a projection for fun/discussion.

51 players already on the roster. I am pretty sure we add veteran WR through FA or trade, and I also think we will sign some cheap vet CB. I listed some other relevant players who did not make it. Edit: After Cephus signing I don't expect FA WR soon, so I put Hamler in.

What do you guys think? Rookies are in green.

Offense (25)

QB: Allen, Trubisky (2)

OT: Dawkins, Brown, Van Demark, Collins, Grable (5)

IOL: McGovern, Torrence, Edwards, Van Pran, Anderson (5)

WR: Coleman, Samuel, Shakir, Hollins, Shorter, Hamler (6)

TE: Kincaid, Knox, Morris, Gilliam (4)

RB: Cook, Davis, Johnson (3)

Not included – Doyle, Clapp, Clayton, Shorter, Isabella, Cephus

Defense (25)

DE: Miller, Rousseau, Epenesa, Solomon, Toohill (5)

DT: Oliver, Jones, Carter, Johnson, Williams (5)

LB: Milano, Bernard, Williams, Ulofoshio, Spector (5)

CB: Douglas, Benford, Elam, Johnson, Hardy, FA (6)

S: Bishop, Edwards, Rapp, Lewis (4)

Not included – Jonathan, Ankou, Morrow, Hamlin, Ingram

ST: Bass, Martin/Haack, Ferguson (3)

Edited: Hamler, Williams, Toohill in, Morrow, Jonathan out

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

If we still had diggs or trade for a Metcalf/Aiyuk after June 1, the outlook looks totally different.  The only question mark would be Von giving us what Floyd did.  

Coleman/samuel are upgrades over Gabe and Harty/Sherfield.  Van Pran will be better than Morse sooner than later.  Bishop/KC safety are upgrades over over 33 year old Poyer and Hyde.  Got younger at RB and DT.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Like (+1) 1

Y’all are way too down on this roster…

(I say this under the belief we add/trade for another legit WR)

Elite QB

Good OL

Good RB’s

Good TE’s

(TBD) WR Room

Strong DT Rotation

Von-Dependent DE Rotation

Good LB’s

Good CB’s

Solid Vet Safeties + Bishop

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This lineup is stronger than last year.

We are rid of WR drops and bad attitudes.

Our safeties will outperform our old heroes.

We will get better IOL play.

And Coleman will make more highlight reels and game-winning catches than anyone in the 1st round.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, alg said:

This lineup is stronger than last year.

We are rid of WR drops and bad attitudes.

Our safeties will outperform our old heroes.

We will get better IOL play.

And Coleman will make more highlight reels and game-winning catches than anyone in the 1st round.

You're delusional

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Our draft is over, so here is my first look at 2024 roster. I included 9 rookies, I guess all of them have a good chance. I know a lot will change; this is just a projection for fun/discussion.

51 players already on the roster. I am pretty sure we add veteran WR through FA or trade, and I also think we will sign some cheap vet CB. I listed some other relevant players who did not make it.

What do you guys think? Rookies are in green.

Offense (25)

QB: Allen, Trubisky (2)

OT: Dawkins, Brown, Van Demark, Collins, Grable (5)

IOL: McGovern, Torrence, Edwards, Van Pran, Anderson (5)

WR: Coleman, Samuel, Shakir, FA/trade, Hollins, Shorter (6)

TE: Kincaid, Knox, Morris, Gilliam (4)

RB: Cook, Davis, Johnson (3)

Not included – Doyle, Clapp, Clayton, Hamler, Isabella

Defense (25)

DE: Miller, Rousseau, Epenesa, Solomon, Jonathan (5)

DT: Oliver, Jones, Carter, Johnson (4)

LB: Milano, Bernard, Williams, Ulofoshio, Spector, Morrow (6)

CB: Douglas, Benford, Elam, Johnson, Hardy, FA (6)

S: Bishop, Edwards, Rapp, Lewis (4)

Not included – Toohill, Williams, Ankou, Hamlin, Ingram

ST: Bass, Martin, Ferguson (3)

One correction.  Haack is punter and might benefit Bass as his holder

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're easily bottom 5 in the NFL unless Aiyuk can be acquired which is doubtful. 

I don't think you can say that.  All you can say is that the WR room is inexperienced.  Also to only discuss the WR room is to ignore two other key players in the passing game Kincaid and Cook.  

I wonder how Packers fans and the media ranked the Packers WR/TE group entering last season that featured 6 1st and 2nd year players.  That seemed to work out ok as they hauled in 255 catches for 3177 yards and 28 TDs, with no player having more than 96 targets or 793 yards.  Talk about a balanced attack.

David and Diggs are the past, and they stunk last year.  Time to move forward with Samuel and the kids.

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

I don't think you can say that.  All you can say is that the WR room is inexperienced.  Also to only discuss the WR room is to ignore two other key players in the passing game Kincaid and Cook.  

I wonder how Packers fans and the media ranked the Packers WR/TE group entering last season that featured 6 1st and 2nd year players.  That seemed to work out ok as they hauled in 255 catches for 3177 yards and 28 TDs, with no player having more than 96 targets or 793 yards.  Talk about a balanced attack.

David and Diggs are the past, and they stunk last year.  Time to move forward with Samuel and the kids.

Last year Houston was largely considered to have the worst WR core in the NFL. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think the quality of this roster is about the same last year, but with more youth and therefore more upside.

QB is Allen

The RB room is better with Cook, Johnson and Davis

The TEs are the same, except Kincaid is poised to become a bigger piece of the offense.  

The O line lost the aging Morse, but has better depth now with the addition of Van Pran who could challenge for a start job this season.

I actually think the WR room is less proven but has significantly more upside.  Don't forget that Diggs after week 6, Davis, Sherfield and Harty all sucked last year. Only Shakir's breakout saved the group from truly being terrible.  I'm coming around on Coleman after reading his gauntlet drill speed (20 mph+) and I was astonished at Shakir's improvement last season, especially when the stats after week 6 showed that he was our most effective pass catcher in terms of yard (total), yard/att and explosive plays.   

On defense 

The DT's are the same in Jones and Oliver, but with better depth.

The Edge rushers are possibly worse on paper because of the loss of Floyd, but could be better as Rousseau returns to his natural position and Miller is health again

The LB room is as deep as it's ever been and has Milano back and ascending pros Benard and Williams

The CB starters all return in Douglas, all-pro Taron Johnson and emerging star Benford

The safeties are a question with Edwards and Rapp now starters, but Hyde and Poyer were not exactly what they once were and Beane added a possible starter in Bishop in the draft.

14 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Last year Houston was largely considered to have the worst WR core in the NFL. 

I don't think people are saying that any longer with Collins, Dell and Dalton Schultz.  I wonder how our friend Stef is going to feel playing 4th fiddle to those 3?

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1