Rd 7, Pick 221: OT Travis Clayton

Just now, Beast said:

Maybe so but I just can’t picture the Bills wasting a pick just for funzies.

Maybe they drafted him so that we'd have one player who is not jet-lagged next time we play in England?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Plenty of 7th rounders are throwaways,  but nice to see an absolute physical specimen that is right now just raw materials.  Guy can move like a tight end at 6’7” 300+.  Kid ran a 4.79 which is incredible and clocked above 20mph as well.  Great type of guy to have on practice squad and develop and see what he can become.  Will need strength and a lot to learn but a good gamble to take this late. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Ok another tackle from England 

But he is short at 6 foot 7

LOL I came here to say, "what, we wanted a guy Spencer Brown could call 'shorty'?

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Niiice, does that mean he can not get poached?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Plenty of 7th rounders are throwaways,  but nice to see an absolute physical specimen that is right now just raw materials.  Guy can move like a tight end at 6’7” 300+.  Kid ran a 4.79 which is incredible and clocked above 20mph as well.  Great type of guy to have on practice squad and develop and see what he can become.  Will need strength and a lot to learn but a good gamble to take this late. 

Given how raw and athletic he is, I wonder about TE or FB rather than T.  Put the ball in his hands. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tim Tindale said:

Given how raw and athletic he is, I wonder about TE or FB rather than T.  Put the ball in his hands. 

His running is actually really fluid too.  Doesn’t run like a lineman.