Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just remember, the Bills drafted:

- Christian Benford in the 6th round (185th overall)

- Dane Jackson in the 7th round (239th overall)

So there's definitely a shot Daequan Hardy becomes more than a ST/role player.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I mean, I wont ever say I told you so regarding all the offseason talk about taking 2 WRs early, but if anyone is showing any arrogance here it the folks that worked themselves up into such a lather based on youtube highlight reels, and now you are saying you lost faith in Beane because he didnt do exactly what you, an untrained civilian, wanted him to do. And wanted him to draft guys in the 2nd round that NO team took until the 4th-7th rounds.

Who is thinking they are smarter than anyone else?

I know you are feeling let down after months of hyping this up. I'm bummed we couldnt get one of the Big 3 or BTJ. Let's see how it works out.

For Chrissakes - LISTEN to your Doctor!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm down to 6 left on the board....

1. Beau Brade, S, Maryland

2. Leonard Taylor, DT, Miami

3. Marcus Harris, DT, Auburn

4. Javion Cohen, IOL, Miami

5. Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State

6. Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

I more of these goes and that is new record I think. 

#247 HOU Marcus Harris, DT, Auburn 

#253 LAC Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

you win

How many receivers are the Chargers gonna take??

Edited by Ralonzo

1 minute ago, beer can shower said:

Maybe that is why MCD and Beane stay in house with their Offensive Coordinator choices, Who would come here knowing they would get nothing to work with offensively.  Wide Receiver being the obvious.

Literally any coach in the world would jump at a chance to work with a Top 3 QB. You guys are too much.

Go look at the other OCs hired this offseason in all those coaching changes and tell us who was better qualified and with a better track record than Brady.

We already had one of the top candidates on staff, happy to join as a QB Coach, because of Josh.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Literally any coach in the world would jump at a chance to work with a Top 3 QB. You guys are too much.

Go look at the other OCs hired this offseason in all those coaching changes and tell us who was better qualified and with a better track record than Brady.

We already had one of the top candidates on staff, happy to join as a QB Coach, because of Josh.

Oh Yeah   I forgot...Brady came from Carolina...........Wasn't he let go there??

KT Leveston is an interesting late round guy. Just gone to the Rams. College tackle, likely goes inside in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

#247 HOU Marcus Harris, DT, Auburn 

#253 LAC Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

you win

How many receivers are the Chargers gonna take??

I actually checked back I have done 4 before in 2021..... But still good to get down to that number. 

Now that the draft is over, my top UDFAs

Beau Bease S Maryland

Dallin Holker TE CSU

Javion Cohen OG Miami

Gabriel Murphy DE UCLA

Jalen Coker WR Holy Cross

Dillon Johnson RB Washington

Frank Gore Jr RB Sothern Miss

Willie Drew CB Virginia State

Dwifht McGlothern CB Arkansas

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Beau Bease S Maryland

Dallin Holker TE CSU

Javion Cohen OG Miami

Gabriel Murphy DE UCLA

Obviously I agree on the top 3 given I had draftable grades on them all. Like Murphy (I actually like the other Murphy twin too who I thought actually played better at the Shrine game) but think they are probably better fits for 3-4 teams. Coker is worth a punt. I'd forgotten about him. Not sure he is more than a PS guy but definitely worth giving a try.

22 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Beau Bease S Maryland

Dallin Holker TE CSU

Javion Cohen OG Miami

Gabriel Murphy DE UCLA

Good news then, Gore Jr signed with the Bills. 

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Only one premium position drafted in the first 160 picks is a big miss. Especially in a draft that was particularly deep at three premium positions.

This was the "draft before the coach got fired" kinda' draft.

Reaching for needs and perceived "readier" prospects to hopefully get immediate contributions.   That rarely works.

You really need 3-4 individual difference makers and you gotta' take healthy swings at them to get them.   They chose not to.  

They only have 1 difference maker.   

If Josh Allen breaks his collar bone on opening day running the ball 9.2 times like he did over the course of Brady's run as OC last year.........this team literally has the makings of getting the 1st overall pick in the 2025 draft.

They are the 2011 Colts.  2-deep at adequate players that a great QB can elevate to win 10-11 games.........but no individual difference makers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Reaching for needs and perceived "readier" prospects to hopefully get immediate contributions.   That rarely works.

You really need 3-4 individual difference makers and you gotta' take healthy swings at them to get them.   They chose not to.  

They only have 1 difference maker.   

If Josh Allen breaks his collar bone on opening day running the ball 9.2 times like he did over the course of Brady's run as OC last year.........this team literally has the makings of getting the 1st overall pick in the 2025 draft.

They are the 2011 Colts.  2-deep at adequate players that a great QB can elevate to win 10-11 games.........but no individual difference makers.

Very well put imo

But I think it can also be looked at as 'draft that your specific FO can afford knowing they have 100%job security' 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Unfortunately I think there's zero chance of anyone getting fired next year. Pegula appears content to sit smiling in the draft room and talk to all the prospects on the phone like his own personal make-a-wish day once a year. There's no sense of any accountability at any level of the organization which is why the GM and coach feel comfortable taking "their guys" instead of shooting for the stars (literally). They're both coasting off of one pick they made six years ago.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Unfortunately I think there's zero chance of anyone getting fired next year. Pegula appears content to sit smiling in the draft room and talk to all the prospects on the phone like his own personal make-a-wish day once a year. There's no sense of any accountability at any level of the organization which is why the GM and coach feel comfortable taking "their guys" instead of shooting for the stars (literally). They're both coasting off of one pick they made six years ago.

It's ultimately Josh Allen's decision.

LA and SF beckon.

• Sad 1