Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

possibly, but does that matter? they drafted 4 players that will likely play a large amount of snaps year 1. That's a pretty big deal. If we can do it again in 2025, they'll be ina  good position for the next few years.

Agreed. The first 3 picks definitely are going to get a lot of playing time and even starts.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

possibly, but does that matter? they drafted 4 players that will likely play a large amount of snaps year 1. That's a pretty big deal. If we can do it again in 2025, they'll be ina  good position for the next few years.

Yes…it matters!  You don’t draft non starters in the first 2 rounds.  

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don't think i've ever seen you this positive lol

I'm generally positive when I have reason to be and negative when I have reason to be. I think it was a solid draft for depth given what we walked into it with. I have concerns about where our elite defensive players for the next 1-3 years are going to come from, but we weren't in much of a position to do anything about that this year. I would expect next year we'll have to focus on a couple of playmaking defenders. I anticipate needing at least a dominant pass rusher and corner, if not a LB too.

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

Yes…it matters!  You don’t draft non starters in the first 2 rounds.  

You do when you draft 28th and the talent isn't there. The Safety will be starter this year, just maybe not "day 1". The WR will likely get 60% reps - that's starter level even if he starts the year as "WR3". The RB will likely get 30-40% snaps - that's a significant role. The DT will likley get 40% of the defensive snaps. Does it really matter if they dont get another 10-15% that the "starter" gets?

The biggest deal is at the safety spot where whoever starts will have 80-90% of the snaps.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1