[Vague Title]

Coleman was a good pick. He is the type of X receiver we never had. Josh never had a player like Mike Evans, Justin Jefferson etc. I’m not saying Coleman will those guys but he could turn into a Tee Higgins. The most egregious act was trading back with Chiefs and allowing them to get the speed of Worthy

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Donski said:

For all the whining and bellyaching about Coleman being our first pick (I was disappointed myself) it’s time to man up and admit that none of us are draft experts…some draft analysts had Franklin going late 1st, and many of us would’ve been happy taking him at 33.  For those in here who had Franklin going 4th round, where have we erred, and why were we so wrong?  

Here's something else to remember. As we start round 4, Franklin is still on the board. We have a ton of 5th round picks. If Beane values Franklin as much as people here feel he should he has the picks to trade to go and get him. If he doesn't, it really says everything I need to know about their interest in Franklin.

Oh, and there are other WRs left on the board as well. Let's see how today plays out, who we end up with and what we end up with. Heck Shakir was a 5th rounder in a WR class that was much less thought of.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Well...there is no guarantee they are right either.

Exactly right.

Appeal to authority.

A logical fallacy that is littered throughout this forum.

People assume that being an NFL GM makes that person a “draft expert”. As if they don’t know that even the best GM’s are right no more than half the time at best. As if they don’t know that HOF general managers like Bill Polian had entire drafts that were terrible. It happens.

In my opinion, this is the worst draft (so far) i’ve seen a Bills front office make in a very long time. I may be proven wrong. I HOPE i’m proven wrong. But that is how I feel as of today. And it is coming at the worst possible time - when we needed a very strong draft to recoup the litany of players we lost.

Just now, Bills Bud said:

Coleman was a good pick. He is the type of X receiver we never had. Josh never had a player like Mike Evans, Justin Jefferson etc. I’m not saying Coleman will be those guys but he could turn into a Tee Higgins. The most egregious act was trading back with Chiefs and allowing them to get the speed of Worthy

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

How is this in any way shape or form comparable to Duke? Outside of them being WR there’s nothing that’s the same 

If Coleman can't get separation and can't win with his body then he won't make catches even though he has decent hands. That's what I'm thinking. Not being in quite the right spot because he just can't get there.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

When I was in my 20s and 30s I loved the Draft.  Couldn't get enough content or coverage.   Would get upset about picks, talk about reaches and value picks.

In my 40s I take it for what it is.   Teams picking players that they think will fit their programs based on educated guesses.   I don't down people on this board for having opinions, because some of you really understand the game.    Bottom line is somewhere between 60-70% of the guy's taken won't be anything beyond depth.

The Draft stopped being fun when the Bills got good.   I am more than happy for that.   It also gives me more reason to trust the guy's involved in their front office.   If you want something fun to do instead of the Draft, the NBA playoffs are a great alternative.

You had me until the NBA part.

36 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I thought this was an absolute.

Not one person who posts in here or has ever posts in here knows a damn thing.

Not one.

Excuse me, but I know lots of things. The sun rises in the West and sets in the east, Josh Allen is the worst QB in the league and at noon today I'm gonna have some sippers and watch beans f*#k up the rest of the draft while I post idiotic stuff on this board, so there🤪

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its fine if its not your bag but its nothing like soccer.   Soccer is a group of men passing the ball back and forth and not scoring.   Basketball is a bunch of men passing the ball back and forth and scoring every couple of seconds.   Soccer and baseball, that I get.  

I concede.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have no idea if this guy is going to be a good WR. I have seen very little of him. I just feel like we didn’t do anywhere near enough at WR. I don’t want to even attempt to fix this today. These rounds are not where you find suitable replacements. Can you get lucky? Yes. Nothing in this league is a give. And I’m not interested in just writing years off. We lost the best/2nd best WR in teen history and Davis and replaced them with basically nothing. It’s not enough. I fully  expect led us to move way up and get one of the true studs here or trade for an Ayuk/Samuel. This isn’t good enough enough now and I fear it’s too late to make a move that will change that.

We have our #1 WR. It's Dalton Kincaid. You don't trade up for a TE in the first round and not expect him to take over as your #1 targeted receiver by year 2. 

Coleman is easily a Davis replacement but with much higher upside than Davis. Shakir showed quite a bit of promise last year. Led our team in receptions and yards I believe the second half of the season and playoffs. Samuel is a 90+ target receiver in each of the last four years he was healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

The more YouTube vids I see of Coleman, the better he is loooking.  I was a little too quick to judge at first.  He is faster and smoother than I remembered.  Still a project guy tho 

This is called copium. We’ve all been there.

Colemans issue was never really smoothness. His problem is that he has no ability to seperate. Thats the issue. And none of his YouTube videos ever showed that getting better. He makes up for it by being incredibly skilled at adjusting to the ball and catching in contested spaces.

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that anyone thinks that they know more than Beane & co. For one, they have access to much more information (specifically medicals). At the same time, there are people here that know substantially more than (insert random non-draft analyst). @GunnerBill has evaluated and charted like 150 players in this draft. He’s forgotten more about this class than Booger McFarland / Dan Orlovsky / Ryan Clark etc… will ever know. Gunner’s analysis is more in line with guys like McShay/Kiper/Brooks/Jeremiah/Miller/Reid. 

I agree, people watching a couple of highlight tapes or listening to non-experts is annoying.

And yet he will still be wrong more often than right, without the medicals and the ability to interview the prospects it’s nothing more than a flawed guessing game.

I appreciate the effort a poster will put into knowing the players on the field, it allows me to follow along draft weekend with a couple personal favourites to hope for without taking the necessary time of doing it myself.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I’ve warmed up a little on Coleman.  I didn’t want Worthy, too small.  Now we have 4 receivers over 6’4.  Now we need to add a WR who can separate 

Might have that already in Shakir? Shakir has alligator arms but led the team in receiving yards and receptions the back half of the season. Receivers with such short arms are not supposed to be successful. But if you separate and get open it doesn't matter if you have short arms. 

He was picked to beat press man coverage and win contested passes. Something we have lacked in the playoffs the last several years vs. KC. He is highly athletic and only tested poorly in the 40yrd dash, top 5 of every other drill. His play speed is faster than most which is what we want and need. Still have some speed options available.

18 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

Coleman was a good pick. He is the type of X receiver we never had. Josh never had a player like Mike Evans, Justin Jefferson etc. I’m not saying Coleman will those guys but he could turn into a Tee Higgins. The most egregious act was trading back with Chiefs and allowing them to get the speed of Worthy

expound on why this was egregious? the fact that our gm shows nfg about who he trades with as long as it benefits his franchise should make you happy.