Troy Franklin itch anyone...

Craig Oi

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Omg he absolutely has a bend but don’t break defense in important games and in the playoffs at the end of games. That’s 13 seconds to a T. He’s done it multiple other games as well. He did it firing the season this year (can’t remember the game) and then did it again against the chiefs in the playoffs this year. He continues to make the same mistakes coaching. Doesn’t learn from his mistakes. It’s absolutely frustrating. 

I blame the players for bend but don't break for 13 seconds..I mean that was unreal..what would you call other than a deep zone??  Man under press??  I guess hindsight is 20/20 though.  My point was though mcD has become more aggressive in recent year bc of these experiences..but when pushing too hard fails he also takes the heat for it.

6 minutes ago, PoBills33 said:

I blame the players for bend but don't break for 13 seconds..I mean that was unreal..what would you call other than a deep zone??  Man under press??  I guess hindsight is 20/20 though.  My point was though mcD has become more aggressive in recent year bc of these experiences..but when pushing too hard fails he also takes the heat for it.

No. He doesn’t take the heat for that. He takes the heat for pushing too hard. Being successful, and then when a big game matters like the chiefs game this year in the playoffs he goes right back to his old ways. It’s infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

That sucks. Tez Walker then.

The Bills spent a lot of time with Franklin, apparently. 

Maybe they had a poor first impression and wanted to see if he'd get comfortable with them and come across differently?

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

This would make sense.  Maybe falling so far will humble him a bit.  I don’t know how you can’t love football when you play through college.  

If he’s there when we pick, I’d still take a flyer on him 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Beane said that Bishop was the only player they had left on their board with a 2nd round grade.  I wonder where they have Franklin?

Not with a 3rd round grade, apparently

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This would make sense.  Maybe falling so far will humble him a bit.  I don’t know how you can’t love football when you play through college.  

I think there are guys who play football because it's their clearest path to making big money

It's one of the things that makes the top rounds of the draft such a crap shoot.  I'm sure you've noticed, there isn't really a lot of disagreement about who the top college guys are at different positions.  Maybe the order they're in, but not who the top 3-5 players are.

But then they don't all live up to their talent.  Sometimes it's injury, but even if a guy has a good background and is reasonably grounded, handing a kid in his early 20's millions of bucks overnight can have unpredictable effects on his work ethic and dedication.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm wondering if it will make him go undrafted

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

No. He doesn’t take the heat for that. He takes the heat for pushing too hard. Being successful, and then when a big game matters like the chiefs game this year in the playoffs he goes right back to his old ways. It’s infuriating. 

Sadly we just didn't have the talent on the field that game on D bc of injuries.  our defense was decimated and it showed, somehow against that cheifs defense allen gets us in to position to tie and our kicker got the yips..with what McD and Allen have been through this last year they are both feeling the pressure and are pissed ofd..I'm very curious to see how it plays out and would be awesome to see them preserve 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PoBills33 said:

Sadly we just didn't have the talent on the field that game on D bc of injuries.  our defense was decimated and it showed, somehow against that cheifs defense allen gets us in to position to tie and our kicker got the yips..with what McD and Allen have been through this last year they are both feeling the pressure and are pissed ofd..I'm very curious to see how it plays out and would be awesome to see them preserve 

This we disagree with. Every team has injuries in the playoffs. Even if last year was an exception, the year before, and the year before, and the year before. Once is a fluke, 5 freaking times is what this coach is. A choke artist 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If those things are true, that's the kiss of death for Buffalo. And I have to believe it's true. I was much lower on him than most and felt he was over hyped. But even I had him going somewhere between Mid-2nd as a ceiling and Mid-3rd as the Floor.

The interview portion is integral to our selections. This brass puts an extreme emphasis on being impressed by not only the tape, but who they are as a person, their desire to be great, and their work ethic. If Beane and McDermott are wowed, they'll reach for you. If they aren't impressed, they aren't taking you.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If those things are true, that's the kiss of death for Buffalo. And I have to believe it's true. I was much lower on him than most and felt he was over hyped. But even I had him going somewhere between Mid-2nd as a ceiling and Mid-3rd as the Floor.

The interview portion is integral to our selections. This brass puts an extreme emphasis on being impressed by not only the tape, but who they are as a person, their desire to be great, and their work ethic. If Beane and McDermott are wowed, they'll reach for you. If they aren't impressed, they aren't taking you.

Unfortunately true. Who needs talented players when you can draft good guys that bring notebooks to interviews. 

and this isn’t a post about taking Franklin. It’s obvious that every team has found something with him. I’m just stating that McD and Beane put too much emphasis on character. At some point just get good football players. The Chiefs are a bunch of dirtbags, I’m sure their fans don’t care when they are celebrating Super Bowl wins. 

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Unfortunately true. Who needs talented players when you can draft good guys that bring notebooks to interviews. 

and this isn’t a post about taking Franklin. It’s obvious that every team has found something with him. I’m just stating that McD and Beane put too much emphasis on character. At some point just get good football players. The Chiefs are a bunch of dirtbags, I’m sure their fans don’t care when they are celebrating Super Bowl wins. 

I don’t think Franklin is a “dirt bag” I think they’re worried about him not living football so if he gets that big second contract he checks out, almost like Dareus 

Around our bonfire I was making a repetitive joke about picking Franklin from pick 33 on. Started to mean it more and more as day two went on. Was stepping away from the laptop to gather brush needing burning, and when I came back and the Bills were about to pick again I kept asking if Franklin was somehow still on the board (at 60 and at 95) because honestly I'm still surprised by his slide. His analytics and productivity and all-around film are favorable. Just being not heavy seems like not enough to cause this tumble to day three. Our OC even recruited this guy back in the day. It seemed so obvious. But nopers. Who knew?

• Thank you (+1) 1