The Bills are on the clock: Pick 33

Process

I just realized I won't be happy with anyone they pick. I got sucked into the "trade up for Odunze" hype train and now everyone looks like a compromise. I hate predraft speculation because it creates unrealistic expectations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

All the remaining WR's have flaws. Opinions are fun but nobody here (or amongst the teams) knows at all which guys will overcome those flaws and which won't. For that reason I hope we choose 2 WR in the next 4 picks.

My preference at 33 is Mitchell, but it seems like there's still quite a few possibilities (including another trade) that would make some sense.

Franklin wouldn't anger me either...

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sweat may make it to round 3.

I’d love AD & Franklin as well

He won't make it that far. I imagine we'll see a big push on defense in the middle of the second round because people think they can hold off on these receivers lasting until the 3rd and 4th

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

No. Please no 

It would really ruin my draft weekend.

Of all the round two caliber WRs left, I can honestly say that Keon Coleman is the one I want the LEAST.

Just...absolutely not the type of player I want. Ugh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I just realized I won't be happy with anyone they pick. I got sucked into the "trade up for Odunze" hype train and now everyone looks like a compromise. I hate predraft speculation because it creates unrealistic expectations.

I wanted a trade-up, too.

That said...If they were to take, say, Troy Franklin, and then later on circle back and take Javon Baker...

I'd be pretty happy with that.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

The premium Washington is paying for that move is approximate value of a mid-3rd. I don't think they'd touch that. The most Beane can reasonably expect as a bidding-war premium is the value of a low 4th. The goal here is to get Buffalo to where they have 4 to 5 of the top-100 picks. Washington can facilitate that if they have a target and want to pay a premium to go to 33.

Something like 33 + 95 + 128 for 40 + 67 + 100. Washington pays a premium close to the value of the 128 pick by allowing Buffalo to upgrade the two lower picks, leaving Buffalo picking at: 40, 60, 67, 100.

This configuration seems to align nicely to present value players for Bills roster needs in those slots.

I don't think I'd like to drop to 40.  The run on receivers could wipe out the top targets.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

It would really ruin my draft weekend.

Of all the round two caliber WRs left, I can honestly say that Keon Coleman is the one I want the LEAST.

Just...absolutely not the type of player I want. Ugh.

This, and for whatever reason I just don't look at any FSU players coming from a culture that works. That Florida State attitude of the 80s and 90s has dried up. 

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

That is NOWHERE near fair value for them. Have you ever looked at a trade value chart?

We would be giving 268 and receiving 315 which is equivalent to them just flushing a mid 3rd rd pick down the toilet

I'm scared of AD Mitchell, he has huge upside but he takes plays off and could wind up being a huge flop and a headache. I'd rather take McConkey, who has a lower ceiling and a higher floor.

I did...and realized it was lopsided.  But that's my point.  I would only trade down again if the Bills got a boatload and the trading team payed a premium.

• Like (+1) 1

What's funny to me is during our TSW Mock Drafts (thanks as always @Virgil) we drafted AD Mitchell in the 1st one. The board was then ready to vote for AD Mitchell a 2nd time, but we couldn't choose the same player twice. In real life, the Bills trade back twice to pick up a 3rd and 5th, have the first pick in the 2nd Round, AD MITCHELL IS STILL ON THE BOARD, and people are losing their collective minds because the Chiefs got a guy who runs fast. Hilarious. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

This, and for whatever reason I just don't look at any FSU players coming from a culture that works. That Florida State attitude of the 80s and 90s has dried up. 

Keon Coleman is reportedly very high football character. He is motivated to do well in the NFL so he can provide for his family. He is definitely a character fit for us. Physically he has the tools that I know Beane would love. And he's young, just about to turn 21 in May.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

What's funny to me is during our TSW Mock Drafts (thanks as always @Virgil) we drafted AD Mitchell in the 1st one. The board was then ready to vote for AD Mitchell a 2nd time, but we couldn't choose the same player twice. In real life, the Bills trade back twice to pick up a 3rd and 5th, have the first pick in the 2nd Round, AD MITCHELL IS STILL ON THE BOARD, and people are losing their collective minds because the Chiefs got a guy who runs fast. Hilarious. 

Pff. Now we don't want him. 😁🤣

Just now, HappyDays said:

Keon Coleman is reportedly very high football character. He is motivated to do well in the NFL so he can provide for his family. He is definitely a character fit for us. Physically he has the tools that I know Beane would love. And he's young, just about to turn 21 in May.

What does it mean his family?  If you already has a baby mama and associated baby, or more then that's a no for me dog

I don’t hate Coleman as the pick.  He was a beast at FSU. At one point was being mocked as a mid to earlier 1st round pick.  Doesn’t have the speed/separation as some of these other guys

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I can't get past the fact that in all the highlights from FSU and MSU, he is never once shown running behind the defense. That that's in college, where guys get WIDE open all the time. He has good hands, but can he make those contested catches over Sauce Gardner and Jalen Ramsay?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ok sounds good to me. I’m more focused on my menu tonight. Excited about all our picks though. Friday is always the best day of the draft. Can’t wait to say ***** the chefs when we take a stud with their 3rd. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, LEBills said:

And fwiw Charlie Campbell is saying he is hearing McConkey and Coleman for the Bills

Well, I want Mitchell and McConkey. @HappyDays wants Coleman and Franklin. I'll split the difference if he will.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

I just hated trading with the Chiefs, that's the only part of trading back I disliked, I wouldn't be upset with Franklin or Mitchell at this point. It just felt like get your lunch money taken by the school bully in the middle of summer, like can you leave us alone for a few months?