The Bills are on the clock: Pick 33

Process

I'd bet money it's Franklin...

Only three WR hit 21+ mph 2x last year: Marvin Harrison Jr., Xavier Worthy, and Troy Franklin.

At 22.3 mph, he was tied for 7th fastest top speed in all of college football at all positions in 2023.

For context, the fastest Tyreek hit last year was 22.01 (led nfl)

Edited by Mikey152
  • Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“The Buffalo Bills open Round 2 with the 33rd selection and I’m told they are considering two receivers - Adonai Mitchell and Keon Coleman. The team will entertain offers to move down, as other franchises have been calling with the hopes of trading up for Cooper DeJean, Kool-Aid McKinstry or Jer'Zhan Newton. I’m told the Bills have at least two additional receivers highly rated on their board after Mitchell and Coleman and would be comfortable trading down for the right offer.”

Could probably trade from 33 down to 45 and still take Coleman.  

Just now, Mikey152 said:

I'd bet money it's Franklin...

Only three WR hit 21+ mph 2x last year: Marvin Harrison Jr., Xavier Worthy, and Troy Franklin.

At 22.3 mph, he was tied for 7th fastest top speed in all of college football at all positions in 2023.

Franklin is my choice

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

If we take a running back today, I’m ending it all

Cook and Ty Johnson are the only RB's they have. A 3rd round pick on a RB will not be the end of the world at all.

That said, I don't think they will draft a RB anyway.

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

“The Buffalo Bills open Round 2 with the 33rd selection and I’m told they are considering two receivers - Adonai Mitchell and Keon Coleman. The team will entertain offers to move down, as other franchises have been calling with the hopes of trading up for Cooper DeJean, Kool-Aid McKinstry or Jer'Zhan Newton. I’m told the Bills have at least two additional receivers highly rated on their board after Mitchell and Coleman and would be comfortable trading down for the right offer.”

Depends how they rate Mitchell, Coleman, Franklin, Polk, McConkey. If not a huge difference I would bundle to get an extra 2nd rather than adding more 4-7th rounders.

WSH has been mentioned with its multiple 2nds. So could try to get 36 and 40 but will cost pick 33 and 60 and a couple later rounds. So Bills have 36, 40 and 95.

AZ has three thirds - maybe you can get one or both the early ones for trading down. You can offer 33, 95 plus a later pick for 35 and 66. So Bills have 35, 60 and 66.

Not sure I move much further down than that. 

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wow, with that much smoke…

I like Coleman but would want another early WR with a different skill set drafted soon after

Edited by LEBills

1 minute ago, boyst said:

My dream.  AD the wr from Texas now,  then the DUI DT, then the troy Franklin dude in 3rd

I don't think Franklin makes it to the 3rd round.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

***** the one guy I don’t want. Has to be accurate 

1) schefter has his stamp on it

2) the fact they mention “Buffalo” and “weather” and “wind” means it’s def a mcbeane line of reasoning. Ughhhh

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, balln said:

2) the fact they mention “Buffalo” and “weather” and “wind” means it’s def a mcbeane line of reasoning. Ughhhh

THAT...WOULD...SUCK

Not sure if it's been mentioned already in this thread, but Cosell had some interesting comments today on OBL.

Said he looks at game films only, but parrotted that a lot have ranked Mitchell near the top three in terms of pure talent, but teams were scared away by the character issues.

If some of those are substantiated, he may fall quite a bit.

Edited by Rich Stadium Original

4 minutes ago, balln said:

This would suck. He has “N’Keal Harry” all over him

• Agree 1

Just now, nosejob said:

THAT...WOULD...SUCK

Hes kelvin Benjamin. another reason why I think it’s true. Beane / Carolina can’t help themselves to that fsu / acc chicken bleep soup

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1