Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

3 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Well Josh likes him & I like Josh so that means I have to like him. But if he sucks then I'll have to blame Josh & want Josh fired from the GM job he doesn't have.

will dr oz GIF

Wonder what Beane does now that Josh makes the picks?

You don’t want your franchise Quarterback having a significant say in who he’s going to throw the ball to? Really? 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Tee Higgins ran a 4.59

Yet everyone wanted to trade multiple picks and give him a fat contract. 

Keenan Allen ran a 4.71 at the combine. What a disaster if Coleman becomes the wildly reliable go to wideout that Ground Sloth Keenan Allen has been over his career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Kevon looks fast on tape and creates nice separation. Also, his body is fluid and smooth, especially for such a big guy. Also has great hands. Sick athlete. Pretty great pick!

Edited by foreboding
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

GROSS 

BIG FAT KELVIN BENJAMIN CLONE

NOOOOO

Oh! That guy.  I get so confused.  I hope he keeps the weight off.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He did and he is a fluid athlete for his size... I think he definitely plays faster than a 4.6 

At 21 mph he certainly can run a fast 100 time... I thought he was a 4.55 guy who who runs smooth

I can see a  Keenan Allen type.. I think they are both smooth bigger guys who are deceptive

Good comparison.  Vincent Jackson comes to mind as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

Few WR prospects helped their 2024 NFL Draft stock in 2023 more than Keon Coleman. Though he doesn’t have the same volume as other top WR prospects, he scored a touchdown on over 20% of his receptions and put plenty of dominant reps on display.

At 6’3 1/4″, 213 pounds, Coleman’s play strength is an obvious plus — both at the catch point and as a run-after-catch (RAC) threat. He compounds that play strength with rare catch-point instincts and body control in the air and has size-defying elusiveness and burst to go with it on the ground.

On top of his traits at and after the catch, Coleman also has the lateral twitch and fluidity to separate independently, giving him a nearly unmatched three-level upside.

• Like (+1) 2

Take this fwiw… I’m close to an FSU booster and diehard. Almost over the top. She also writes for sports editorials (lower level but still)… I know Keon may have weaknesses, but I asked her for an unbiased overview on him just in casual texting… The reply (again fwiw, agree or not):

“He transferred from michigan state and we only had him for one year but he was the most athletic guy on the field just a freak athlete guy. He’s one of the big reasons we had a such an incredible season! It’s an absolute steal if the bills get him with the 33rd pick he was projected to go earlier! But his hands are so good and I think he’s only 20 and has a big future ahead. Very comparable to the big time wr’s like Jamarr Chase I think he would be a great replacement for Diggs and Allen will have fun with him because he will be in the league for a long time. He’s the best receiver to come out of FSU in the past decade for sure! It’s a great pick for the Bills, I think he would fit in really well especially with such a stud qb!”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5