Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

On 4/30/2024 at 8:14 AM, Dr. Who said:

I have noticed that you have a habit of announcing that you have spoken when you "speak," which is redundant, though rhetorically memorable. I hope it does not become a contagion that results in an unspoken rule. It would be tiresome if everyone who posts informs folks that they have spoken.

I have spoken.

"I have spoken" means i have nothing else to say and i am done with you.

I have spoken.

• Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Exactly my point.  So why are people acting like Beane and the scouts couldn't have missed again in the 2nd?  I'm bringing up legit concerns about the player, and I'm told that I'm not a scout or GM so whatever I think it meaningless.  So pretty much scouts and Beane never miss so whatever I'm saying is completely wrong because I know nothing.

Dude, enough already, you made your point clearly days ago, Nuthin but luv, Don…, 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

And while you're worrying about covering all that size, also deal with Cook or Davis (maybe sometimes both) coming out of the backfield or lining up at receiver.  As well as Samuel lining up everywhere and Shakir running around.  I think Brady's offense is going to be about matchup nightmares.

Yeah.

I think one of Dorsey's weaknesses was that his offense was reactive instead of attacking. Instead of saying "this is what we're gonna do, and we're gonna put you in a bind", I think his offense was predicated on the idea of "we always have an answer for what you show defensively". It was focused on always having the "right" answer to whatever the defense presented. They'd start really slow until they saw what the opposing defense was gonna be doing, then they'd build the "right" gameplan based on that. At least that's how it seemed to me.

At some point during Dorsey's second season, one or more of the players (I wanna say Josh, but I can't remember for sure) said something like "we need to get back to dictating to defenses and not worry so much about what they're doing, but instead say 'here's what WE'RE doing' and make them stop us". Something like that. And that makes a lot of sense.

My hope is that Brady installs a heavily matchup-based offense that attacks defenses, rather than waiting for them to attack first. That he moves his diverse group of skill players all around the formation and gives defensive coordinators headaches. That the Bills offense gets back to thinking a bit less, and instead just having fun out there and attacking.

• Like (+1) 8

50 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I have spoken.

We should have a thread on all the posting tics that drive us crazy. Me, I cringe at the use of "compliment" instead of "complement" (e.g., "Shakir compliments Coleman beautifully") and "zero chance," as in "There is zero chance this draft will help the Bills next year." 

I, too, have spoken. 😀

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah.

I think one of Dorsey's weaknesses was that his offense was reactive instead of attacking. Instead of saying "this is what we're gonna do, and we're gonna put you in a bind", I think his offense was predicated on the idea of "we always have an answer for what you show defensively". It was focused on always having the "right" answer to whatever the defense presented. They'd start really slow until they saw what the opposing defense was gonna be doing, then they'd build the "right" gameplan based on that. At least that's how it seemed to me.

At some point during Dorsey's second season, one or more of the players (I wanna say Josh, but I can't remember for sure) said something like "we need to get back to dictating to defenses and not worry so much about what they're doing, but instead say 'here's what WE'RE doing' and make them stop us". Something like that. And that makes a lot of sense.

My hope is that Brady installs a heavily matchup-based offense that attacks defenses, rather than waiting for them to attack first. That he moves his diverse group of skill players all around the formation and gives defensive coordinators headaches. That the Bills offense gets back to thinking a bit less, and instead just having fun out there and attacking.

I always liked what Al Davis said in a pre-Super Bowl interview.  Do you believe in taking what the defense is giving you?

"We take what we want"

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Wow! Everybody hatin' on this guy already? I'll give him a chance. Go Keon! Make them eat their words.

BTW, DHop ran a 4.57s 40 at the combine. TO ran a 4.65. Best ball skills in the draft. I'll compare him to KB if and when he fails. Until then I'll give him a chance to work on his route running. He's 20 and lacking in experience. I see a lot of room for growth.

This exactly.  I see all these terrible, lazy comparisons to Kelvin Benjamin, who is nothing like Keon Coleman if you have actually followed his college career and watched the film.  Keon is a complete receiver. TO and DHOP are much better comps. Complete receivers that play faster in comparison to other receivers in an actual football games vs a non-football exercise run in track shorts.  Speed will never be his primary attribute, but it will never be an issue either. Let's face it, Diggs wasn't particularly fast himself. Before the combine, Keon was sure fire first rounder based on his film. He's a very safe bet to be a fantastic NFL receiver. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, finn said:

We should have a thread on all the posting tics that drive us crazy. Me, I cringe at the use of "compliment" instead of "complement" (e.g., "Shakir compliments Coleman beautifully") and "zero chance," as in "There is zero chance this draft will help the Bills next year." 

I, too, have spoken. 😀

It’s not just on here, compliment vs complement. I see professionals, news articles, etc., get this wrong all the time. It drives me crazy. No one cares if, after Coleman makes a catch, Shakir runs up like “Nice job, buddy!”

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

It’s not just on here, compliment vs complement. I see professionals, news articles, etc., get this wrong all the time. It drives me crazy. No one cares if after Coleman makes a catch and Shakir runs up like “Nice job, buddy!”

At least the mistake sometimes makes me laugh AND cringe. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Honestly wow, learned a lot about him. He said he has no life outside of football. He sounds like a film junkie. Wants to be close with his QB. Watch film with his QB. 

And he golfs a little!

Wonder if he'll go the Edelman route and get a place near Josh in the offseason. 

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

I have spoken.

Everybody knows what it means. It is intentionally arrogant and condescending. You likely already know that though. 

• Like (+1) 1

What I'm hearing from some (not all).

- Keon Coleman would've been a great draft pick if he'd run a 4.49

- Sedrick Van Pran-Granger (we gotta settle on a shorthand here) would've been a great pick if he had longer arms

- Cole Bishop would've been a great pick if he played offense

- DeWayne Carter would've been a great pick if he'd been taken in the 5th round instead of the 3rd

In other words, if these guys all had Top 10 overall attributes, they'd have been steals. Nevermind that we never would've had a Top 10 pick.

EDIT: I have spoken.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, finn said:

I, too, have spoken. 😀

Shakir is a super nice guy. He probably *does* compliment Coleman beautifully. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, finn said:

I, too, have spoken. 😀

I blame spell check 😎

Coleman reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin watching highlights...

Boldin ran a 4.71 40 time...didn't have much of a problem getting open in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sweats said:

The guy had offers from close to 50 schools when he went into the transfer portal........that alone is impressive.

Thats my point.  He was giving the full red carpet treatment you could at 19/20.  Come practice time saw they needed a return guy and raised his hand.  I like the way be carries himself and physicality he plays with.  Going to be real easy to root for. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Coleman reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin watching highlights...

Boldin ran a 4.71 40 time...didn't have much of a problem getting open in the NFL.

One of my favorite - was going to say non-Bills players, but he did stop here for a cup of coffee before retirement. Loved how he played the game.

Just learned his son, AB Jr., is a freshman on the UB Bulls basketball team. Maybe a future WR prospect for us at 6’4” 194 lbs?

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Everybody knows what it means. It is intentionally arrogant and condescending. You likely already know that though. 

Yes.....yes, i do.

I have spoken.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Yes.....yes, i do.

I have spoken.

"I am intentionally condescending, arrogant, and disrespectful to people"

I will take "People who are negative additions to every community anywhere for 1000, Alex"