Iran attacks Israel

1 minute ago, yall said:

Cruise missiles have been reported to be fired now. 

Hopefully the good to come out of this will be the end of that wacko regime in Iran.

Expected this.

Defensive system saturation.

Will be interesting to see the outcome.

They clearly didn't heed the "don't" admonition from our executive branch.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Expected this.

Defensive system saturation.

Will be interesting to see the outcome.

They clearly didn't heed the "don't" admonition from our executive branch.

To be fair blaming Trump or Biden (I'm seeing both flavors of that nonsense) is silliness.

This has been decades in the making. Assuming we come to their aid, Iran will be set back decades both economically and militarily. Maybe most important is that their nuclear capability will be next to nothing when the dust settles.

Call me hawkish, but this might actually be a good thing in the long run.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, yall said:

To be fair blaming Trump or Biden (I'm seeing both flavors of that nonsense) is silliness.

This has been decades in the making. Assuming we come to their aid, Iran will be set back decades both economically and militarily. Maybe most important is that their nuclear capability will be next to nothing when the dust settles.

It’s all good.  

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s all good.  

Deterrence is a nice goal, but when you're dealing with a country run by non-rational actors, you still aren't likely to have an ideal outcome.

Also, short term != long run.

Yeah this is bound to be ugly for a little while, but it probably needs to be done. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, yall said:

Only a moron would blame Trump.  He hasn't been in Office for 3 years+ now.  Blame would definitely be more appropriate for the current occupant.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep it's always all about $$$$. The war machine feeds the economy which feeds the war machine and so on and so on. People are getting rich on this. The corruption never ends

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Only a moron would blame Trump.  He hasn't been in Office for 3 years+ now.  Blame would definitely be more appropriate for the current occupant.

And yet people are....

What worries me here is the potential of  terrorist cells to infultrate our southern border the past 3 1/2 year while the Biden  administration was working overtime to flood our country with illegals. It's just speculation at this point but suppose we get directly involved and those sleeper cells get activated in cities all over the country?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

We can talk about who’s to blame, this or that, but the bottom line is the world has become 100x more chaotic under Joe Biden. 

Maybe just dumb luck for Trump, but considering he’s the only President in recent memory to have relative calmness.. I’m not sure that’s the case. 

Even when he took out Soleimani & then talked ish about it live on tv - we still had calmness. 

I’m not his biggest fan, but I can’t act like it’s a coincidence. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

We can talk about who’s to blame, this or that, but the bottom line is the world has become 100x more chaotic under Joe Biden. 

Maybe just dumb luck for Trump, but considering he’s the only President in recent memory to have relative calmness.

Even when he took out Soleimani & then talked ish about it live on tv - we still had calmness. 

I’m not his biggest fan, but I can’t act like it’s more than a coincidence. 

Trump was a wildcard not part of the uniparty and nobody knew what he would do. They were legitimately scared of him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What worries me here is the potential of  terrorist cells to infultrate our southern border the past 3 1/2 year while the Biden  administration was working overtime to flood our country with illegals. It's just speculation at this point but suppose we get directly involved and those sleeper cells get activated in cities all over the country?  

THIS

20 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Don't worry, there's just as many Chinese nationals coming through as there are middle eastern terrorists so their attacks would be likely more sophisticated than the normal suicide bomb variety 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Maybe just dumb luck for Trump, but considering he’s the only President in recent memory to have relative calmness.

I’m not his biggest fan, but I can’t act like it’s more than a coincidence. 

Not really the time for conjecture.  This is a result of a very long series of failed policies.  Make no mistake, Iran funded the terrorism that started this current flare up.  They're a clear enemy, and we have to unite against them.  I will be nauseous if the GQP supports Iran and blames Biden.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Not really the time for conjecture.  This is a result of a very long series of failed policies.  Make no mistake, Iran funded the terrorism that started this current flare up.  They're a clear enemy, and we have to unite against them.  I will be nauseous if the GQP supports Iran and blames Biden.  

What if they blame Iran and Biden? No nausea?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Israel had to have expected this after destroying Iran’s embassy in Syria. 

Hopefully they prepared. 

Why did they do that again?  

What happened on October 7?

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Israel had to have expected this after destroying Iran’s embassy in Syria. 

Hopefully they prepared. 

The Iranian response is wholly excessive.  The US is already taking some drones down.  In a way, Iran finally sticking their necks out may be a good thing.  

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Sure, some validity to what you say .. but I suppose everyone just took a pause during the Trump Administration for no reason?  

Not sure how to wrap my head around the high number of intense foreign conflicts during the Obama Admin, then relative calm during Trump’s, followed by absolute chaos so far during Biden’s. 

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What if they blame Iran and Biden? No nausea?

If they can show where the specific policy failures were, then no nausea.  If it's as simple as saying they didn't do it when trump was president, like is already happening here, then nausea for sure.  

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Why did they do that again?  

What happened on October 7?

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The Iranian response is wholly excessive.  The US is already taking some drones down.  In a way, Iran finally sticking their necks out may be a good thing.  

I’m not making any judgment on it. I’m just saying that if you destroy a country’s embassy, you better be prepared for retaliation. 

Though I will note that doing the retaliation in a way that allows Israel to defend against it (like drones taking hours to get there) could help prevent further escalation 

36 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The wall isn't working?

12 minutes ago, daz28 said:

No, this is absolutely the time.  Biden has been a fixture in American politics for nearly 5 decades, one of the true leaders of the democrat party.  

Like him, idolize him or despise him, now is the time.  

• Like (+1) 1