NFL draft rumors 2024

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hmm.

I've had this feeling about the Giants and a Quarterback for a while. But equally if you are sitting there at #6 and you have a specific receiver preference why not let it be known that you are looking at QBs to try and encourage Minnesota or Denver or the Raiders to trade up ahead of you into #4 or #5 which takes a potential wide receiver team out of your way and increases the chances your guy gets to #6. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I've had this feeling about the Giants and a Quarterback for a while. But equally if you are sitting there at #6 and you have a specific receiver preference why not let it be known that you are looking at QBs to try and encourage Minnesota or Denver or the Raiders to trade up ahead of you into #4 or #5 which takes a potential wide receiver team out of your way and increases the chances your guy gets to #6. 

True but Schoen really can’t be feeling comfortable hitching his wagon to Daniel Jones. Something needs to be done at the QB position or he and Daboll

are going to be canned after next year 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, DJB said:

True but Schoen really can’t be feeling comfortable hitching his wagon to Daniel Jones. Something needs to be done at the QB position or he and Daboll

Yea. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they take a QB or even move to #4 to do so. I was just meaning even if you are not going to there is reason for the Giants to make everyone think they are going to. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they take a QB or even move to #4 to do so. I was just meaning even if you are not going to there is reason for the Giants to make everyone think they are going to. 

I don't care what they say, they have to take a QB to safe their jobs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hmm.

Schoen should do whatever it takes to get HIS QB.

Just like Buf did in a similar class with 4 -5 elite prospects 

They didn't draft Jones and can get out that deal next year. Thank God they took Saquon in 17

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It doesn’t surprise me either that they want one but are they too late. They’re still going to be bad with a rookie. I would say they would get another year but they’re in NY where expectations are high and patience is low. 

If they win 6 games with Jones/Rookie they might be looking for new jobs after this season. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Absolutely for sure 

3 hours ago, DJB said:

That’s true, but just grabbing the 4th QB does not necessarily solve the problem.  They need to be sure that McCarthy or Penix or Nix are any better than Jones plus if they grab a rookie QB they still don’t have any receivers - maybe could get one in 2nd.

36 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That’s true, but just grabbing the 4th QB does not necessarily solve the problem.  They need to be sure that McCarthy or Penix or Nix are any better than Jones plus if they grab a rookie QB they still don’t have any receivers - maybe could get one in 2nd.

True but drafting a rookie QB likely buys that management group another year or two. We all know Danny Dimes isn’t the answer so sticking with him is a death sentence 

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

True but drafting a rookie QB likely buys that management group another year or two. We all know Danny Dimes isn’t the answer so sticking with him is a death sentence 

It’s a tough one.  Jones isn’t great, but he’s not terrible either and you could argue that he’s the least of their problems.  The roster needs help badly and they need the most help at WR, which is where this draft is strongest and deepest.  The worst thing they could do is trade up for a qb who may or may not be better than Jones. I think they stay put or trade back to get more premium picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Peter Schrager on X: "Georgia tight end Brock Bowers will be in Florham Park today, on an official visit with the New York Jets. 👀 @gmfb @nflnetwork @NFLonFOX" / X (twitter.com)

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hmm.

I suppose it'd really depend on whether the Giants see their QB in this draft or the next, if it's next draft then it'd make a lot of sense to use their pick to get ammunition to get in position next draft.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1