Do you think Allen feels relief after the Diggs trade?

13 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Just a Bills hater living in Bills country. You love that Diggs got in Josh’s face after that Bengals game? Josh never criticized Diggs for being a ***** on social media and  a public malcontent team destroyer.Josh never points fingers and takes responsibility for losses. His teammates love him and play hard for him. Don’t be silly enough to question Josh’s motivation or work ethic .This team was a national joke for 30 years before Beane, Sean and Josh. Don’t delude yourself into believing  that Josh won’t make any receiving group better. He made Diggs a star until his skills diminished and became a hopeless malcontent. Any other team not called the Chiefs, wins their division four years straight and are playoff locks every year. Don’t worry, they’ll break through soon enough because 

Josh is only getting better. Don’t worry about what he does in his personal life. When the bell rings, other than Mahomes, any knowledgeable football fan would take over any other QB.

Josh hasn't meaningfully improved in the last 4 years. You think he's all of a sudden going to start getting better now?

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This is like a narrative from a fan "romance novel" section.  Tanya Harding is the "toughest girl" skater because her husband kneecaps the opposition.  Baloney, all those sequined little jumping jacks are tough as nails to take fall after fall after fall on ***** ice and get up and try again day after day.  Brady refusing to shake hands with his opponent after he loses and it's justified as he somehow just hates losing so much more than anybody else.  That's a big crock. He just never bothered to force himself into the basic form of good sportsmanship once he got famous enough to get away with it, until Fitz chased him down on the sideline one day.

Plenty of guys on that Bills team wanted desperately to win, every bit as badly as Diggs did.  Diggs just behaved worse than everybody else, during and after the game.   He missed catches he could have made.  He doesn't acknowledge his mistakes or take public accountability for them.  Allen chose to throw to Davis, who had the ball knocked away on a very good play by the defender, and Diggs chose to try to distract Allen by yelling at him, when he's sitting with his QB coach working on decoding the Bengals coverage.  Wow, that sure SHOWS US that he's the ONLY ONE ON THE TEAM WHO WANTS TO WIN! 

Where do you even come up with this stuff?

This is just a load of nonsense. We're hating Diggs now because he doesn't engage with the media? lol. ok.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Josh hasn't meaningfully improved in the last 4 years. You think he's all of a sudden going to start getting better now?

This is just a load of nonsense. We're hating Diggs now because he doesn't engage with the media? lol. ok.

Yea, it's tough to meaningfully improve when only Patrick Mahomes is in front of you.   Give me a break 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You know, I have NEVER seen a good post out of you. And that’s impressive considering how much you post. 

Something doesn’t feel right. Are you a Jets or Pats fan? You have that attitude. 

Edit: or maybe a burner account of somebody antagonistic toward the team or Allen? 

Edited by ToGoGo
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

to reconcile this a bit- 

the star that most disappeared in the playoffs was right to hold his teammates accountable in the playoffs because it was a them problem and not a him problem. 

also, despite him doing it in an ineffective way, you loved seeing it. 

Facts: Diggs was 4 receptions on 10 targets (a catch % of 40%) in that Bengals game.  Knox was 5 of 7 for 65 yds.  Shakir was 2 of 2 for 40.  Milano had 10 tackles, a PD, 2 tackles for loss, and a sack.

Obviously Diggs was the only one who wanted to win that game. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Peyton Manning's best stretch of his career was in his early to mid 30's.

Tom Brady's best stretch of his career was his early to mid 30's.

Big Ben's best stretch of his career was in his early to mid 30's.

Aaron Rodgers won his last 2 MVP's at age 37 and 38.

Yes, I think Allen can get better.

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

You know, I have NEVER seen a good post out of you. And that’s impressive considering how much you post. 

Something doesn’t feel right. Are you a Jets or Pats fan? You have that attitude. 

Edit: or maybe a burner account of somebody antagonistic toward the team or Allen? 

Josh Allen has the most TD's since 2019, when he became the outright starter.

He has 203 total TD's.  

2nd place is Patrick Mahomes with 179....

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

You can try to attack my character, but that just makes it clear you've run out of arguments. The difference between me and people like you is that I back up my arguments. Do you even watch the Bills? Josh peaked in 2020 if you've been watching the games, and the stats back it up.

image.png

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You can try to attack my character, but that just makes it clear you've run out of arguments. The difference between me and people like you is that I back up my arguments. Do you even watch the Bills? Josh peaked in 2020 if you've been watching the games, and the stats back it up.

image.png

Trolling Fail 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

image.png

But it's not a good argument.  

27 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

image.png

The board is seeing through you if you haven’t noticed. 

Maybe try another board? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

image.png

??? -- He literally had a higher AV (PFR's version of WAR for football and it measures against other players from THAT season) in both 2021 and 2022 than in 2020. In fact, he led the league in AV in 2021 and 2022!!!  You're not including the fact that in 2021 he rushed for 763 yards and led the NFL in rushing yards per carry (6.3) that season. He rushed for 762 yards/6.1 ypc in 2022 as well. In comparison, he ran for 421 yards at 4.1 ypc in 2020. Finally, his AV in 2023 was the same as it was in 2020.

The stats you're posting here are the very definition of cherry-picked.

29 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The mindless comments about Josh not getting better is predictable coming from a Bills hater like yourself. Would you be satisfied with 44 total TDs from the QB on the team you root for. How about 6 straight wins to pull out the division, while Hurts, Prescott, Tua, Herbert and Burrow were imploding or out for the season. Josh has the most total TD the last two seasons. He doesn’t miss games and he wins divisions. Any troll would acknowledge his greatness.  If he’s top 2 or 3 QB in the NFL that’s enough for Bills fans. The loss to the Chiefs was on Diggs,, our banged up defense , our suddenly unreliable kicker, not Josh. Bills should have at least gone into OT.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

??? -- He literally had a higher AV (PFR's version of WAR for football and it measures against other players from THAT season) in both 2021 and 2022 than in 2020. In fact, he led the league in AV in 2021 and 2022!!!  You're not including the fact that in 2021 he rushed for 763 yards and led the NFL in rushing yards per carry (6.3) that season. He rushed for 762 yards/6.1 ypc in 2022 as well. In comparison, he ran for 421 yards at 4.1 ypc in 2020. Finally, his AV in 2023 was the same as it was in 2020.

The stats you're posting here are the very definition of cherry-picked.

It's "cherry picked to say he had a worse TD-int ratio, less yards, less YPG, less passing TDs, More INTs worse passer rating, worse QBR in every season since 2020?

I think they call that picking the whole tree my man. I'm not saying he's bad, by any stretch. He's still an elite top 2-4 QB. I'm just saying there's extremely little to show that he's actively getting better each year.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's "cherry picked to say he had a worse TD-int ratio, less yards, less YPG, less passing TDs, More INTs worse passer rating, worse QBR in every season since 2020?

I think they call that picking the whole tree my man. I'm not saying he's bad, by any stretch. He's still an elite top 2-4 QB. I'm just saying there's extremely little to show that he's actively getting better each year.

This is genius. He's elite top 2-4 (meaning you think there's an argument for him to be top two), yet he's not showing signs of getting better. Better than 2 is 1 I think. So the only way Allen can be better in your eyes is to be the very best in the league. 

I can live with him being number 2 but then I've always been an easy lay

3 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

The mindless comments about Josh not getting better is predictable coming from a Bills hater like yourself. Would you be satisfied with 44 total TDs from the QB on the team you root for. How about 6 straight wins to pull out the division, while Hurts, Prescott, Tua, Herbert and Burrow were imploding or out for the season. Josh has the most total TD the last two seasons. He doesn’t miss games and he wins divisions. Any troll would acknowledge his greatness.  If he’s top 2 or 3 QB in the NFL that’s enough for Bills fans. The loss to the Chiefs was on Diggs,, our banged up defense , our suddenly unreliable kicker, not Josh. Bills should have at least gone into OT.

Projection perhaps?

I'm not sure why I'd watch well over 500 Bills games if I hated them so much. To want your team to improve is the ultimate sign of fandom.

The Bills would have easily gone to OT if Allen was smart enough not to go for broke on a touchdown pass that even if he connected would have left KC with plenty of time to march down the field and win in regulation. Tactically, it was a terrible decision. The right play was the underneath throw to Diggs that would have picked up the first down and would have given us the chance to run out the clock with a walk off td.

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

This is genius. He's elite top 2-4 (meaning you think there's an argument for him to be top two), yet he's not showing signs of getting better. Better than 2 is 1 I think. So the only way Allen can be better in your eyes is to be the very best in the league. 

I can live with him being number 2 but then I've always been an easy lay

Why do we need to compare him to other players? What good does that do? I'm just judging him against himself.

I want him to get smarter, develop better judgement, and develop better and more consistent touch on the ball so that in critical situations we have the best chance to win.

9 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Probably a burner account from the Whaley regime. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think he is going to feel tremendous relief once the draft and mini camps are over.  Right now the Diggs stuff still has not ended....he is not here and today allen and others still have to talk about him.  

Once they add another wr or two in the draft/free agency over the next 10 days there should be some clarity with the issue.

The real relief is going to come when he gets to training camp and realizes its all football and no more odd distractions from Diggs.  Then with the new guys it is going to be great for him and the team.  

after they win a few games the constant Diggs talk should die down even from the cult following this guy has in the fanbase and the media.  

It amazes me that someone doesn't know the difference of having a career year vs peaking.  

Every single QB has a career year followed by years that aren't career years.  No QB in the history of the NFL has a line graph that goes up every single year.

If Allen has his best year next year, does that mean he's peaked again?

31 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's cherry-picking if you're not going to include his running stats and the gold-standard stat (AV) used by the site you're drawing from.

Edited by dave mcbride

21 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Projection perhaps?

I'm not sure why I'd watch well over 500 Bills games if I hated them so much. To want your team to improve is the ultimate sign of fandom.

The Bills would have easily gone to OT if Allen was smart enough not to go for broke on a touchdown pass that even if he connected would have left KC with plenty of time to march down the field and win in regulation. Tactically, it was a terrible decision. The right play was the underneath throw to Diggs that would have picked up the first down and would have given us the chance to run out the clock with a walk off td.

Why do we need to compare him to other players? What good does that do? I'm just judging him against himself.

I want him to get smarter, develop better judgement, and develop better and more consistent touch on the ball so that in critical situations we have the best chance to win.

Why was the decision terrible? Diggs was crappy all night with 3 receptions on 12 targets for 21 yds. Diggs was tentative and wasn’t aggressive on contested balls. Josh had an open receiver in the end zone when he got jostled stepping into the throw. Only a Josh/Bills hating 2nd guessing Monday morning QB wouldn’t acknowledge these facts. By the way, any Buffalo resident who only watches local channels can see 500 games and still hate the local team. Troll on.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

image.png

Since you offer as evidence Josh Allen's season stats from pro-football-reference.com, I'll offer you an opportunity; please share exactly what it is about those season stats that you believe proves Josh "peaked in 2020"?

Please also loop back and give your answer to the evidence I presented elsewhere: in the 2021 season, Josh scored a TD on every drive vs NE against the playoffs on 1-15-2022 - a performance so outstanding it moved "student of the game" HOF coach Bill Belicheck to visit the Bills locker room after the game to offer congrats.  He then completed 73% of his 37 passing attempts for 329 yds and 4 TDs against KC the following week.  These are objectively far better results than the 2020 playoffs vs Indy, Bal, and KC.  Please explain these statistical results in light of your hypothesis that Josh "peaked" in 2020 as well as from watching all of these games.

I pointed this out before, I don't believe I saw a cogent argument from you in response, but perhaps I missed it.

25 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Projection perhaps?

This is where I hope he improves on. The mental part of the game. Processing quicker while having game situational awareness. That’s where he’s behind the best. If he improves on that his int’s would probably come down as well. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm sure we all want that, but how do your wants prove Josh peaked in 2020 and hasn't improved in any of these factors since then?

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I'm sure we all want that, but how do your wants prove Josh peaked in 2020 and hasn't improved in any of these factors since then?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

Case in point: Allen had the lowest sack rate in the league in 2023 and also fumbled the fewest times in his career. 7 fumbles is very low for a QB who runs as much as he does. That's a hugely important measure (sacks kill drives), but that poster isn't factoring it in because he's cherry picking stats.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Why was the decision terrible? Diggs was crappy all night with 3 receptions on 12 targets for 21 yds. Diggs was tentative and wasn’t aggressive on contested balls. Josh had an open receiver in the end zone when he got jostled stepping into the throw. Only a Josh/Bills hating 2nd guessing Monday morning QB wouldn’t acknowledge these facts. By the way, any Buffalo resident who only watches local channels can see 500 games and still hate the local team. Troll on.

Facts: Shakir had 7 of 9 for 78% catch rate that game.  Diggs was 3 of 8 (38%) with a fumble after the catch that wasn't a turnover only because Kincaid alertly batted it OOB for a 10 yd penalty.

Why wouldn't Josh trust Shakir in the EZ if he saw him open over Diggs?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I think he is going to feel tremendous relief once the draft and mini camps are over.  Right now the Diggs stuff still has not ended....he is not here and today allen and others still have to talk about him.  

Once they add another wr or two in the draft/free agency over the next 10 days there should be some clarity with the issue.

The real relief is going to come when he gets to training camp and realizes its all football and no more odd distractions from Diggs.  Then with the new guys it is going to be great for him and the team.  

after they win a few games the constant Diggs talk should die down even from the cult following this guy has in the fanbase and the media.  

I disagree. The media will keep this talk up all season as long as Houston is on pace for the playoffs. They will talk up this narrative and hope Bills meet Houston in round 1. 

25 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Facts: Shakir had 7 of 9 for 78% catch rate that game.  Diggs was 3 of 8 (38%) with a fumble after the catch that wasn't a turnover only because Kincaid alertly batted it OOB for a 10 yd penalty.

Thank you, I was incorrect in the amount of Diggs targets but he was short arming catch attempts and Snead was being more physical and smothering Diggs. Shakir was catching everything that night  That catch at the goal line for a TD was just a taste of what he will be with more responsibility.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Maybe that's part of the problem. I'd prefer "trust" not be a part of his decision making at all. If Shakir was so open that no one was 20 yards around his, it was still the wrong play assuming that there was an underneath target available that would have allowed us to run out the clock. This is the kind of stuff that greats like Brady understood, and Mahomes knows it too.

If you score a touchdown to go up by 4 and then give Mahomes the ball with 2 minutes and 2 timeouts - then what we're looking at is a bunch of complaints that Allen left the field with the lead yet again and his defense couldn't get the job done. The same thing happens if Bass makes his kick. If I'm not mistaken, Mahomes still has the highest rate of game winning drives in that scenario in NFL history - surpassing Brady as of a couple years ago.

I need my QB to know that. This isn't 1994. Going up with 2 minutes to go isn't good enough when you have a chance to never give your opponent the ball back. Yes, we've already beat this topic to death, but these errors in judgment aren't limited to one pass in a game where Allen was otherwise our best player. They happen consistently, and if they didn't Allen has at least one ring by now. We can bemoan the other reasons like lack of weapons, or defensive letdowns all we want, but this one thing is completely within his control and is fixable if he wants to do so. I just don't think he does - at least not if it cuts into his golfing time or chasing hollywood starlets.

lii7Tpw.png

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am seeing Tom Segura live next weekend.  He's Colombian so I don't know how Italians feel about them.  Not all Colombians are drug lords if that's what you're thinking...that's racial profiling.  

don't tell me how to stereotype people.

On 4/4/2024 at 11:49 AM, Rockinon said:

I think there was a general consensus that Buffalo's offense needed to evolve. It had to become more than just the Allen to Diggs show. I can only speculate, but it feels like the coaches wanted to get reps to other skill position players and Diggs wasn't on board with having a lesser role in the offense. I'm not sure that this means he was acting like a diva as some suggest, but I do think it is something that caused some friction. To me it just seems like a decision was made to move in a different direction. The offense all ready began doing that last year and we saw the number of reps for Diggs drop off significantly toward the end of the season.

I think Diggs is still a very good WR and will do well in Houston. If he stayed here, his production would have stagnated. Defenses were clearly doing everything they could to slow Diggs down and Buffalo's offense was forced to find other playmakers. Fortunately, guys like Shakir, Cook and Kincaid stepped up. The offense all ready began to evolve. I can't really go so far as to say that Diggs was too much of a drama queen. He is a great WR and every great wants the ball. The organization simply needed to move in a different direction.

To me, it looked like Brady was very focused on spreading the ball around when he took over. I think his approach is the right one. I'm excited to see what new wrinkles are added to make the offense even more explosive. It seems to me that the overall philosophy pointed toward having to move on from Diggs.

The offense started to evolve the minute Dorsey was fired and Brady took over the OC role. The game plans were more complete and far less reliant on Allen and Diggs being heroes, resulting in a much more balanced offense and significantly better production by the team as a whole (not to mention taking pressure off of the defense by effectively running the ball). Diggs didn't like his reduced production, but the only stats that matter at the end of the day are wins and losses.

Dorsey as OC - 10 games:

Winning %: .500 (5-5)

Points per game: 28.6 (skewed by weeks 2-4 blowouts against MIA, LV, WAS. 23.3ppg in the other 7)

Diggs receptions/game: 7.3

Diggs yards/game: 86.8

Diggs TD/Game: 0.5

Brady as OC - 9 games (including playoffs):

Winning %: 0.778 (7-2)

Points per game: 27.4

Diggs receptions/game: 4.9

Diggs yards/game: 43.1

Diggs TD/Game: 0.1

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Maybe that's part of the problem. I'd prefer "trust" not be a part of his decision making at all. If Shakir was so open that no one was 20 yards around his, it was still the wrong play assuming that there was an underneath target available that would have allowed us to run out the clock. This is the kind of stuff that greats like Brady understood, and Mahomes knows it too.

If you score a touchdown to go up by 4 and then give Mahomes the ball with 2 minutes and 2 timeouts - then what we're looking at is a bunch of complaints that Allen left the field with the lead yet again and his defense couldn't get the job done. The same thing happens if Bass makes his kick. If I'm not mistaken, Mahomes still has the highest rate of game winning drives in that scenario in NFL history - surpassing Brady as of a couple years ago.

I need my QB to know that. This isn't 1994. Going up with 2 minutes to go isn't good enough when you have a chance to never give your opponent the ball back. Yes, we've already beat this topic to death, but these errors in judgment aren't limited to one pass in a game where Allen was otherwise our best player. They happen consistently, and if they didn't Allen has at least one ring by now. We can bemoan the other reasons like lack of weapons, or defensive letdowns all we want, but this one thing is completely within his control and is fixable if he wants to do so. I just don't think he does - at least not if it cuts into his golfing time or chasing hollywood starlets.

lii7Tpw.png

Yeah, then on the next play there is a turnover and everyone is yelling why didn’t he throw the ball to Shakir in the endzone.

You act like football is such a sterile game. No sacks, penalties or turnovers ever happen. Things just go perfectly swell. Especially against one of the top defenses in the game. It is just so easy.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Thank you, I was incorrect in the amount of Diggs targets but he was short arming catch attempts and Snead was being more physical and smothering Diggs. Shakir was catching everything that night  That catch at the goal line for a TD was just a taste of what he will be with more responsibility.

I hope so, for Shakir.  In his rookie year, I thought he was struggling to release off the line and to run crisp routes with quick changes of direction.  In contrast, I was blown away watching him last season - big improvement, and no reason to think he'll stop.

You may have been thinking of Diggs in last year's playoffs vs. Cincinnati,  in which he was 4 of 10?

The take-home for me, would be that didn't strike either of us as an outlandish stat to attribute to Diggs in a playoff game.

29 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

"Trust" is always going to be a part of a great QB's decision making.  Receivers who played with Tom Brady talked about how they had to build "trust" with him - that after a season where they weren't happy with their targets, they traveled to where Tom Brady was working out, booked a room in a hotel, then busted their buns learning to run routes the way Brady wanted them to.  

Beasley talked about how he had to build trust with Josh, that they had to watch film together and talk about how he was going to adjust his routes if the defense did this or that, and then how he had to do exactly what he told Josh he would do even if he saw something different on the field he could exploit.  

Also, you talk as though there are no other outcomes of subsequent plays, but success.  Diggs fumbled on his first reception of the game.  Someone could fumble on the next play.  Then there would be talk about how Allen had Shakir open in the end zone and passed up great chance at a TD to run clock.  

It's just not as cut-and-dried "throw to Shakir = bad, regressing QB; throw to wide open Diggs near the 1st down marker = good, developing QB".

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

While we're talking about nonsense, did you happen to observe my post querying you?  You claim to believe the stats back you up on saying Josh Allen peaked in 2020 and hasn't improved in the last 4 years, so it seems only fair to ask you to explain specifically which stats you're pointing at.

As for your claim in this post, no, you're missing the point (such a shock - Not).  I don't hate Diggs, but if you want to extoll him as a leader, then shouldn't a leader take accountability in the media after the game?  "Diggs fumbled a catch, and had a catchable ball that could have changed the course of the game go through his hands.  Don't you think a leader should take some public accountability there?

By the way, "engaging with the media" is contractually, under the CBA one of a players obligations, and it's also the part of a team captain to show leadership by stepping up to interact on behalf of the team, after a loss. 

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

lii7Tpw.png

If this team needs improvement by arguably the 2nd best player in football and perennial MVP Candidate to win a title, then it’s about management and coaching greatly failing in their responsibilities to execute.

You need new management and coaches if you need more outta 17.

38 minutes ago, julian said:

If this team needs improvement by arguably the 2nd best player in football and perennial MVP Candidate to win a title, then it’s about management and coaching greatly failing in their responsibilities to execute.

You need new management and coaches if you need more outta 17.

Well, as long as they keep winning 10+ games a year when it doesn't matter, that isn't going to happen. McBeane is here for the forseeable future, and Josh will just keep getting older. When Josh retires in 5-10 years with zero rings (maybe even zero appearances), we can all bemoan how it was too bad he didn't have an elite defense that could stop Mahomes.

JA is the one player on the whole team that could make the difference himself. If he doesn't want to, that's fine, but he's actively choosing not to.