Diggs traded to Texans for picks

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

because give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep in till noon

as evidenced by posters in this and other threads...that's diggs and winning/being competitive/et al

I loved Diggs but I think he’s fake now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

I've always had the view that I like Diggs. I respect his grind to be great. I won't forget the way he sat out on the field after that KC game. It looked like a person who cared a lot. I respect his competative flare and appreciated goofy little things he did a few times.

The way it ended wasn't ideal. This isn't the outcome I would want. I trust in this regime, with the understanding that they have some flaws and I have no crystal ball. At least I know stuff gets shaken up and thats a sign of people not getting stuck on losing ideas. 

So bring the pain and thin the weeds. Rebuild stronger and figure it out in this next few runs. If not then it was a good run but Ill have to side with the win it all now crowd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

38 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

He always has been, it's never been anything but an act.

Somewhere, probably in this thread, there is a clip with Mark Schlereth giving J Bettis credit for something like “if everywhere you go, it smells like S%$t, maybe it’s you.”  He liked the Bills being rid of him, so of course we love Schlereth today.  😋

I think he actually liked the Texans only having one year of him to make him try, but that makes it a fairly rich price (a top 50 pick?) for a WR for one year.

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

Somewhere, probably in this thread, there is a clip with Mark Schlereth giving J Bettis credit for something like “if everywhere you go, if smells like S%$t, maybe it’s you.”  He liked the Bills being rid of him, so of course we love Schlereth today.  😋

I think he actually liked the Texans only having one year of him to make him try, but that makes it a fairly rich price (a top 50 pick?) for a WR for one year.

Maddy Glab told us. We didn’t have her back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

I agree, that Beane got great value, and I'm not disputing losing a round because it's for next year. However, all things are not equal. BB will be here next year to use that pick unless we trade it away. In a lot of other cases, like the Jets for example, there's pressure to win now, and the current regime me not be there next year if they don't win this year. I also love the draft flexibility it created for us this year, when it comes to potential trades.

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

I've always had the view that I like Diggs. I respect his grind to be great. I won't forget the way he sat out on the field after that KC game. It looked like a person who cared a lot. I respect his competative flare and appreciated goofy little things he did a few times.

The way it ended wasn't ideal. This isn't the outcome I would want. I trust in this regime, with the understanding that they have some flaws and I have no crystal ball. At least I know stuff gets shaken up and thats a sign of people not getting stuck on losing ideas. 

So bring the pain and thin the weeds. Rebuild stronger and figure it out in this next few runs. If not then it was a good run but Ill have to side with the win it all now crowd.

I had a different take on his on field demonstration after the KC game.  I viewed it at the time as trying to draw attention to himself.  Gabe was the potential hero of that game let’s not forget, not Diggs.  That’s why he was demonstrating on the field.  Me, me me.  

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I never doubted her, that’s for sure. I have been pretty clear about that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, papazoid said:

beane got great value for a 1 yr rental

this other discussion revolves around some who think that because it's a 2025 2nd round pick....that its only worth half as much as if it was a 2024 2nd round pick....which i do not believe

Yes, he did.  KC just got back a third round pick for L Sneed, who is a first team all-pro and much younger than Diggs…

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

I had a different take on his on field demonstration after the KC game.  I viewed it at the time as trying to draw attention to himself.  Gabe was the potential hero of that game let’s not forget, not Diggs.  That’s why he was demonstrating on the field.  Me, me me.  

Wrong game. But I agree with your take about the ‘look at me’ moment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Is my memory wrong, or weren’t we in on Antonio Brown?  We signed malcontent Diggs (and Calvin Benjamin prior).  So much for his regime only signing choir boys?

yes we were.  Definitely dodged a bullet there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

5 hours ago, Augie said:

I never doubted her, that’s for sure. I have been pretty clear about that. 

Whether Glab's hot mic take was accurate or not was never really the issue for me, as much as "Team reporter gets caught absolutely blasting #1 WR's character and does NOT get fired for it." 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

😡

Ok look, an NFL QB can throw an accurate ball in shorts to an uncovered WR... the things people crow about. :doh: Not to mention, based on the pulling up at the point of the catch, looks to me like the last 2 were underthrown...