Diggs traded to Texans for picks

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

About what? 

Who cares what Beane said.  Look at the talent Houston has and look at our talent, then ask yourself which is better.  

What Beane says has nothing to do with anything related to our brief discussion here.  

Yeah, Bills still better because Josh Allen is the best all around football player in the history of the game. 

I get Houston’s WR trio now probably looks the best in the league on paper, but the NFL changes so much year to year.  

Diggs clearly on his way to hitting THAT wall as evident by his play suddenly falling into Clayton’s Ravine during the second half of last season.

Dell already suffered a major injury.

Mixon is nothing special.

Just feels a lot like the Jags hype last year before they just did what the Jags inevitably do, imploded, missed the playoffs entirely and completely fell short of expectations.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

7 minutes ago, appoo said:

Beane said they weren't done. This is not what the Bills will look like in Sept

That’s not what your mom is going to look like in Sept.*

(* I apologize, appo.  That was completely uncalled for, out of line and I am just excited by the events of the day.  Plus my mom passed away more than 20 years ago so I both project and get envious.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm ok with the trade. If this is a bit of a reboot year with letting costly vets go then sure, do it all at once and move on. I'm actually glad to see the Bills move a player a year early rather than a year too late.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Who is paying franchise QB money?  That is the difference.  It’s a blessing, and a curse. 

Yes, I just watched a Monk episode. 

You've lost me.  What did Beane say about who is paying franchise money?  

I don't chase Beane around in the media for quotes.  

39 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I think the combination of Samuel and Shakir and Kincaid can handle that spot.  That’s what happened during the Bills winning streak to finish the year.  The need remains size and speed on the other side.  

Agree.  The Bills went 6-1 to finish the regular season without getting much production from Diggs. 

So when I'm watching and listening to the experts issue dire warnings that after the trade the Bills have no clear #1 WR I"ll argue they didn't have one the last 1/2 of the regular season either.

Either with or without Diggs they need a legit WR1.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

he was a cancer, it turns out--not heart and soul.

his (essentially) zero trade value confirms what every other GM felt about this guy.  McBeane just wanted to get rid of him

I don't think the Texans took on $19M of which $18.5 is fully guaranteed because "every other GM" thought he was a cancer

On the other hand, a guy who is turning 31 and is due $19M ($18.5M guaranteed) this season and $18M and $19M the next two seasons, has limited trade value.

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Yeah, Bills still better because Josh Allen is the best all around football player in the history of the game. 

I get Houston’s WR trio now probably looks the best in the league on paper, but the NFL changes so much year to year.  

Diggs clearly on his way to hitting THAT wall as evident by his play suddenly falling into Clayton’s Ravine during the second half of last season.

Dell already suffered a major injury.

Mixon is nothing special.

Just feels a lot like the Jags hype last year before they just did what the Jags inevitably do, imploded, missed the playoffs entirely and completely fell short of expectations.

Maybe, but a loss will be inexcusable and will be a referendum on managerial MOs.  

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Diggs wasn't a problem; your coach is.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Dean playing

Makes no sense here because Chargers need a receiver too

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Good riddance.  Diva who thought he was better than everyone else.  

You sound like the sort of Sabres fan who actually thought trading Eichel and Reinhart was a good idea, or that they were somehow part of any problem with the team.

A pox on your family for a thousand generations!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Maybe not never but easily the best since Eric Moulds 

I basically remember him as a do-it-all #1 receiver.  

I only got into the nitty-gritty of football towards the end of his career, so I don't really remember the finer details of his game, but what were his biggest weaknesses? (other than his QBs lol)

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy is the best WR the Bills ever had. Thanks for this. McDermott better win this thing basically now or I don’t want to keep running this ***** back.

AMEN BROTHER!

AMEN!

• Like (+1) 1