Woody Johnson says the Jets will not release Zach Wilson.

Gregg

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This is true. But it's also true he sucks. 

Can you imagine if Rodgers got hurt in a game against a quality team in a national spotlight game and he had to come off the bench and win it ?!

Wait, strike that.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Gregg said:

I think he is trying to do damage control but it's too late. Remember after the season he made comments that the Jets didn't have a backup QB to Rodgers. He basically said Wilson sucks, and everyone remembers that. 

The owner shouldn't make football comments if he's not the GM.  We're lucky we don't have a meddling owner.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

They hired an OC with no prior experience, who turned out to be awful. They kept yanking him in and out of the lineup due to poor play.

They then bring in an even worse OC in Hackett, and they end up yanking him in and out of the lineup again, going so far as to demote him to 3rd string and say he will Never play again, to then putting him back in the starting lineup (while leaking false stories about him not wanting to play anymore).

now when they can do him a solid and just release him or trade him away for a low pick, they are playing hardball? 

The developmental process for Wilson was just scattershot and they surrounded him with bad coaches, totally undermined his confidence, and now are just treating him poorly 

who treats their no. 2 overall pick like that, especially after only like 2 1/2 years? He might be terrible, but they really put him behind the 8 ball the entire time he was there. 

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not to mention gave him almost nothing in protection on the OL. 

To me it looked like Rodgers may have taken an interest in Zach Wilson / development toward the end of the season. The the kid started showing a little grit/ progress IMO. Wilson played fearless despite horrible pass protection.  

I sure wouldn't give him away...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Figster said:

To me it looked like Rodgers may have taken an interest in Zach Wilson / development toward the end of the season. The the kid started showing a little grit/ progress IMO. Wilson played fearless despite horrible pass protection.  

I sure wouldn't give him away...

Actually, according to reports the opposite is actually what occurred with Rodgers taking an interest in Wilson early, but like the Jets playoff hopes every year faded and crashed later on.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/31/zach-wilson-relationship-aaron-rodgers-soured-over-jets-season-silliest-reasons

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Ok. Good luck with that Woody!

Toy Story Goodbye GIF

If you're talking to Johnson, you missed a comma:

"OK.  Good luck with that, Woody!"

If you're talking to Zach Wilson, the quote is fine 'as is'.

OK.  Good luck with that Woody!"

Mrs. Johnson: "That's what I said!"

12 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Curious: what is it about Monson you don't like? Is it mostly his PFF roots? (No shame in a little "yuck" there.)

He had a pattern for Allen's first years in the league to use PFF and his PFF_Sam "Twitter" accounts to deliberate troll Bills Mafia

For example, in 2019 before the Steelers game they posted something about Duck Hodges being a better QB than Josh Allen.  After the game, he said something like "I don't think any of us really believed that" - basically acknowledging what they were doing.

After 2020, to do him credit he did sign that joke acknowledgement that he was wrong about Josh, but I Still Remember.

And yeah, there's also the PFF connection.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

Trevor Lawrence must be thanking the gods he was drafted 1st overall and avoided the Jets. I'm actually starting to feel bad for this kid. This is just Woody unable to accept that much draft capital going to waste in 3-year span. Somebody needs to take him aside and tell him to suck it up and do right by this kid and let him have a fresh start elsewhere. Instead Woody's going to hold this kid's future ransom because he can't accept the loss. 

35 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

The most interesting QB room in the NFL is in Tennessee. Levis is the starter, but they still have Willis and they signed Mason Rudolph. The pressure on Levis is going to be huge. 

Every time I see his name, Dave Mason's 'We Just Disagree' starts playing in my head. 🤨