Does Josh Allen still work as hard in the offseason?

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Who steps up in the playoffs....Kelce or Diggs!  

It's not so much Mahomes as it is Kelce in my opinion.  That dude straight murders our defense.

And you can throw Reid & his coaches in there to. 

BTW check out Allen's stats after the last 2 playoff games against the Chiefs:

515 passing yards with 5 TD's & 0 INTS;  140 rushing yards on 23 carries with 2 TD's & no lost fumbles.  That's 655 total yards with 7 total TD's and 0 turnovers.

If you throw in the 2020 AFC companionship game against KC Allen has in his 3 playoff games against Mahomes:  1030 total yards with 9 total TD's and only 1 turnover.

Anyone claiming Allen is the reason why the Bills can't get past KC or that Allen must work harder in the off season so he can get past Mahomes should have their NFL football fandom revoked.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Outside of the division game in 2022 would not call any of the playoff exits great. He was good in the most recent playoff loss against the Chiefs. However, there were instances where we were on the brink of getting blown out. If not for Poyer saving that TD we were probably on the way to being beaten soundly. The almost near fumble while driving to tie the game before the miss FG was another play.

For me the next step in his growth is being consistent making the plays in front of him and minimizing the mistakes. We can blame the coaching, defense, o-line, weapons around him. However, I am including Josh in there too. We didn’t put up any points in the 4th quarter and clearly wasn’t good enough to get the win. That falls on the entire team including the QB.

Sorry but yours is not a serious post.  If we're going to play the "what if" game how about the 3 dropped long passes, and yes in the NFL I've seen all those catches repeatedly made during the season, that cost us at minimum 10 and probably 17 points.

And if you're going to go on about Poyer's fumble keeping the game close, how about the terrible coverage and missed tackles that handed KC 14 of their points?

As for the 4th quarter, the Bills would not have been shutout if Diggs catches that TD pass or Bass makes that 44 yard field goal.

IMO in all 3 playoff losses to the Chiefs Allen was the least responsible of any Bills player for those losses.  Tell me who you think played better then Allen in any of those 3 games? And in any of those games did the Bills coaches outperform the Chiefs coaches?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

515 passing yards with 5 TD's & 0 INTS;  140 rushing yards on 23 carries with 2 TD's & no lost fumbles.  That's 655 total yards with 7 total TD's and 0 turnovers.

If you throw in the 2020 AFC companionship game against KC Allen has in his 3 playoff games against Mahomes:  1030 total yards with 9 total TD's and only 1 turnover.

Anyone claiming Allen is the reason why the Bills can't get past KC or that Allen must work harder in the off season so he can get past Mahomes should have their NFL football fandom revoked.

Great post. Allen isn’t perfect… but he is not the reason we didn’t advance. Unfortunately for us, Mahomes and Kelce seem to carve up our defense in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Great post. Allen isn’t perfect… but he is not the reason we didn’t advance. Unfortunately for us, Mahomes and Kelce seem to carve up our defense in the playoffs.  

Happens every post season, and our good but not great HC runs back the same scheme every post season, and just can’t wrap his mind around making changes so its less likely to happen again. I like McDermott. He and Beane dragged the Bills kicking and screaming out of a 17 year long sh-t show, and I for one truly appreciate that effort, but its time Sean makes some adjustments for Christ sake, jmo feel free to disagree at your leisure. 

On 3/25/2024 at 6:33 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No it’s not a joke. This is how fans react. It’s predictable. I didn’t post Josh Allen’s own words in the original post because I wanted to see how people responded without hearing Josh say he’s done basically nothing the last couple years until he’s back in Buffalo. It’s been something he’s changed. He doesn’t work with Palmer anymore. He doesn’t work on mechanics anymore in the offseason. 

The thread wasn’t to criticize Josh. He’s still great. But the reactions tell me there are people that would be shocked or upset that he’s not doing what he use to do when he was developing into an elite QB.

I’m not sure who we’re supposed to compare him to. He said this new method of rest and relaxation and getting into shape when he returns to Buffalo is great for him. It’s not great for everyone. 

Don’t attack posters. Have a conversation.

I have an opinion that the thread is not serious. I can have that and still debate. The intent wasn’t an attack, perhaps the word joke bothered you and that’s fair.
Josh knows his body and his mind. Suggesting based on whatever evidence you provide that he doesn’t work hard is your opinion. It may be his body and mind need a break for some of the time. And I am assuming that he does work in the offseason in his way. He’s just not constantly looking for attention.Burn out is not healthy. And nobody has a more physical season at the QB position than JA.

This board spends a lot of time on JA. He’s a top 3 QB with a defensive HC who blew a game his QB had dominated in. His playoff performances (Cincy being the exception) have been outstanding by any measure. Continue the thread but I’ll focus on the other areas of the team/organization that  are holding the Bills back from a SB. JA not being one of them. Respect to the thread and I’ll keep attacking words out of my posts moving forward. 

On 3/26/2024 at 8:54 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

This is going to be tough to hear but:

Mahomes in his three playoff games against Allen

1011 yards 9 TD's 0 INT's. He has never had a passer rating of less than 123 (!!!!!) against Allen in the playoffs.

Edited by FireChans

On 3/20/2024 at 7:05 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He has said this. I don’t think it’s affecting his game but he was not on the same page with WRs last year so it makes me wonder. 

Most talented QB in the history of the game maybe, but he still has another level to go. I don’t think he has what Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes have mentally, especially in the offseason.

On weight of the entire season and playoffs, he was the best QB in the league this past season

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

1011 yards 9 TD's 0 INT's. He has never had a passer rating of less than 123 (!!!!!) against Allen in the playoffs.

Yeah and his playoff passer rating is 105

Let that sink in

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

So basically two elite QBs at the top of their game facing off with barely anything between them. Yet one is seen as doing nothing but living, breathing and entertaining NFL 24/7 (whilst somehow having a better golf handicap) whilst the other is lazy and doesn't care.

Go figure.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Happens every post season, and our good but not great HC runs back the same scheme every post season, and just can’t wrap his mind around making changes so it’s less likely to happen again. I like McDermott. He and Beane dragged the Bills kicking and screaming out of a 17 year long sh-t show, and I for one truly appreciate that effort, but its time Sean makes some adjustments for Christ sake, jmo feel free to disagree at your leisure. 

It’s crazy how open kelce is against us, if McDermott doubled team him the hole game and someone else went off I could live with that. With the WR KC had this year, yea I’m taking kelce away. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah and his playoff passer rating is 105

Let that sink in

Josh’s playoff passer rating is less. It’s less when he plays Mahomes too. 

3 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

So basically two elite QBs at the top of their game facing off with barely anything between them. Yet one is seen as doing nothing but living, breathing and entertaining NFL 24/7 (whilst somehow having a better golf handicap) whilst the other is lazy and doesn't care.

Go figure.

Not really “barely difference.” Josh has passer ratings in the 80s for 2/3 games against Patrick.

he still plays well though. Just not AS WELL. And the one who plays better has won the SB 3 times in the last 5 years. So that’s probably why one is considered better and the other is criticized. Jmo.

1 hour ago, 97bills said:

It’s crazy how open kelce is against us, if McDermott doubled team him the hole game and someone else went off I could live with that. With the WR KC had this year, yea I’m taking kelce away. 

LB injuries hurt us this time. Not having a healthy Bernard against KC this year was a huge factor. Then, Douglas wasn't really up to par and the CB depth was an issue. You saw that the defense couldn't stop them to save their lives for most of the game.  

• Agree 1

On 3/20/2024 at 9:03 PM, SoonerBillsFan said:

The gulf is he is well beyond Mahomes.  If Allen was in KC he would have as many if not more titles and MVP's

Jesus christ. You actually believe this.   🤣 🤣 🤣 

Edited by MrJanuary

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Not really “barely difference.” Josh has passer ratings in the 80s for 2/3 games against Patrick.

he still plays well though. Just not AS WELL. And the one who plays better has won the SB 3 times in the last 5 years. So that’s probably why one is considered better and the other is criticized. Jmo.

He's a thought which many may not want to consider or address. Maybe whatever he does he simply won't be as good as Mahomes. He's good enough to win a Superbowl - worse QBs than Josh have won Superbowls - but perhaps the Bills do just have the number two (at most). And no matter how much criticism is flung at him, no matter how many times he drives his body into the ground, that won't change.

That, and he played against a much better defense that Mahomes. Allowing an average rating of 123 when his play off average is 'only' 105 speaks volumes.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, FireChans said:

I didn't realize that Allen played defense against Mahomes and allowed such ridiculous numbers.

Thanks for letting us know that it's really Allens fault and the Bills defense is not responsible. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Allen doesn't play Mahomes. That's not how football works

Allen plays the Chiefs defense and Mahomes plays the Bills defense

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Allen doesn't play Mahomes. That's not how football works

Allen plays the Chiefs defense and Mahomes plays the Bills defense

45 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I didn't realize that Allen played defense against Mahomes and allowed such ridiculous numbers.

Thanks for letting us know that it's really Allens fault and the Bills defense is not responsible. 

As we all know, when Peyton was getting clowned by Brady in the postseason, we all didn’t agree that Brady was just a better playoff QB, but that it really wasn’t Peyton’s fault. Lol

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

As we all know, when Peyton was getting clowned by Brady in the postseason, we all didn’t agree that Brady was just a better playoff QB, but that it really wasn’t Peyton’s fault. Lol

Brady and Manning met five times in the playoffs and Manning won 3 so plz brush up on your history

Mahomes averages a 127 rating against the Bills in the playoffs...for reference he averages 88 vs the Niners and 98 vs Bengals