Does Josh Allen still work as hard in the offseason?

On 3/21/2024 at 8:12 AM, KDIGGZ said:

Curt Cousins is not good and comes up short but he works probably harder than anyone in the league and is maximizing his potential, otherwise he might not even be in the league.

Conversely, Josh Allen thinks he's good enough and doesn't workout, doesn't watch film, these are his own words. Kyle Allen asked him his plans for the offseason on his podcast. It wasn't to get better and work on being the best QB and winning a championship. He said his plan was to play at every single PGA major golf course. What an absolute slap in the face to Bills fans. This guy wants to be Tiger Woods not Tom Brady. And we all know that he is now immersed into the Hollywood scene and all of those industry parties and such so that will be a whole thing as well.

Not so bold prediction: Josh Allen has already peaked and the Bills will never win a Superbowl. He has other interests and he is happy just showing up on Sundays and seeing what happens.

I kind of want to respond to this - but it actually leaves me speechless.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:50 AM, julian said:

Certain fans who feel they’re owed a SB title will slowly start to blame the all world QB more and more with each passing year if no SB is obtained, even if that QB continues to dominate the league as Allen has the last 4 years.

Since they can’t really point to his on field performance as the reason for no title yet, they’re left with pointing the finger at the offseason routine, as though maybe playing one less round of golf, or one less week on the beach with his significant other will somehow activate this Bills defense into championship mode in the playoffs.

Absurd.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I know he’s working on his golf stroke. He was at the driving range right by my house the other day. 😉

Did he look good in shorts? 

Meanwhile, of course, Mahomes does nothing every minute of every day but try to get better at football....that would explain how Mahomes has a golf handicap of 7.7 or 7.5 or whatever it is...never works on his golf stroke at all, just holds WR camps <==Sar Chasm

6 hours ago, The Tomcat said:

A BIG piece of the puzzle between Mahomes and Josh is Patrick has had the same OC (Reid-I know there were OC's in title but Reid was calling the shots) and Josh has been thru 4? 5?.

Reid is an INCREDIBLE offensive mind and a constant in the Chiefs, and Philly's success.

Mahomes and Reid finish each other's sentences.  Kelce and Mahomes are not far behind either.

I've actually never heard this.

Factually, Josh has had 3 OCs: -

-one through his first 4 seasons

-one through the next 1.5 seasons

-now a third

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

On 3/21/2024 at 5:36 PM, Thurman#1 said:

I would dearly dearly love to be wrong about this. I so hope that I am. In early years, he would have come out at some point and said something like, "well, I clearly had some problems with the long ball, particularly on go routes this year. I need to do some work this offseason in correcting my fundamentals and in figuring out how to do this in a way that Stefon, the guys and I can have a better shot at completing a few more of these. I'm working on it with ***." Hopefully we hear something like this at some point this offseason. 

Wait... so now Josh needs to tell us what's wrong with his game and tell us what he's correcting because otherwise he's not correcting it???

Everyone in the national media has consensus on one thing with Josh Allen:

Competitiveness.

If you honestly think Josh isn't spending the offseason working on his game, you're an idiot.

He's just older now and understands the entire public isn't entitled to knowledge of every detail of his offseason or personal life... note how he's handled the new girlfriend.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/25/2024 at 9:35 AM, FireChans said:

It is hard to know if Josh is working “as hard” without much evidence besides a few snippets, my personal feelings aside.

The real question is, does anyone think Josh has improved as a passer since 2020?

There have been brief glimpses of it. A couple of years ago there was a period where he was throwing dimes on his deep balls and hitting players in stride down the field. I thought he has finally turned a corner there but it didn't last. This year there were so many wasted big plays where he didn't hit a wide open target or when he did they had to slow down or speed up which prevented a touchdown.

I was also encouraged by what I saw of Dorsey reigning him in early this year. You could tell Josh was struggling with it, which I think was good. It got him out of his comfort zone of playing hero ball. He was taking the checkdowns and it was working. What also worked really well, and honestly what always has, is the hurry up. Josh tends to play his best in a 4 minute offense and I chalk that up to him not having to/not being able to think so much about what he's doing. He zips through his reads and fires. When he doesn't have as much pressure, he processes too slowly and incorrectly.

My hope with what Dorsey was doing was that we could turn him into early years Brady or late years Manning and Elway where we don't ask him to do too much, and then he just makes the one or two big plays when he has to. I think he has that capability and he'd absolutely win a Super Bowl playing that way.

Peyton Manning lost a lot of playoff games trying to be the hero, and I thought maybe McD would have learned from that, but it appears he was only willing to give an alternate approach a handful of games. Allen isn't gonna do it on his own.

Not many players will ever reach that level dedication to football that guys like Brady or Peyton has shown. You just hope that Josh knows what he needs to work on as a player in order for this team to win a Super Bowl. He will have to take his game to another level if he is going to get past Mahomes.

Speaking of Bills fans, I talked to a woman in full Bills regalia today at the Publics grocery store on sea island parkway in Beaufort SC, we chatted up the team a bit she moved here 23 years ago, was raised and lived in Cuba NY, the cashier thought we were cute, and ya know I think we were, 😁👍

I’m thinking this is more interesting than this thread, but it could just be me…, 😁🍸🚬

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Apparently he had just left the driving range when my son-in-law got there wearing a Bills cap. Hailee is from the area. 

Golf is a wonderful game and he sure loves it. Wonder what comes first? Allen’s index down to 3 or Bills winning a superbowl?

5 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Not many players will ever reach that level dedication to football that guys like Brady or Peyton has shown. You just hope that Josh knows what he needs to work on as a player in order for this team to win a Super Bowl. He will have to take his game to another level if he is going to get past Mahomes.

No he won't.  In his last two playoff games against Mahomes Allen played great.  The problem is that the coaching and/or some of the rest of the team did not rise to the occasion. Look at Allen's game stats for these 2 games and tell me he has to play better? 

This entire thread is madness.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Speaking of Bills fans, I talked to a woman in full Bills regalia today at the Publics grocery store on sea island parkway in Beaufort SC, we chatted up the team a bit she moved here 23 years ago, was raised and lived in Cuba NY, the cashier thought we were cute, and ya know I think we were, 😁👍

I’m thinking this is more interesting than this thread, but it could just be me…, 😁🍸🚬

I bet that cashier works harder than Josh in the offseason.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No he won't.  In his last two playoff games against Mahomes Allen played great.  The problem is that the coaching and/or some of the rest of the team did not rise to the occasion. Look at Allen's game stats for these 2 games and tell me he has to play better? 

Who steps up in the playoffs....Kelce or Diggs!  

It's not so much Mahomes as it is Kelce in my opinion.  That dude straight murders our defense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That only looks like a Drumstick Simply Dipped Frozen Dairy Dessert, 270 calories per serving, 12 g fat 25 g sugar 2 g protein, or 2700 per 10 servings.

Because Mahomes spends every minute of every day trying to be the  best he can be (I read that right here) we know it must actually be some specially-made Keto friendly spirulena and kelp-enriched  protein-packed super power food.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

That only looks like a Drumstick Simply Dipped Frozen Dairy Dessert, 270 calories per serving, 12 g fat 25 g sugar 2 g protein, or 2700 per 10 servings.

I could eat 2 boxes. Which for me is training for the regular season grind. Wash it down with 2 beers. I’m ready for another division title.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I bet that cashier works harder than Josh in the offseason.

Yeah, but is she gettin any…,

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Outside of the division game in 2022 would not call any of the playoff exits great. He was good in the most recent playoff loss against the Chiefs. However, there were instances where we were on the brink of getting blown out. If not for Poyer saving that TD we were probably on the way to being beaten soundly. The almost near fumble while driving to tie the game before the miss FG was another play.

For me the next step in his growth is being consistent making the plays in front of him and minimizing the mistakes. We can blame the coaching, defense, o-line, weapons around him. However, I am including Josh in there too. We didn’t put up any points in the 4th quarter and clearly wasn’t good enough to get the win. That falls on the entire team including the QB.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1