Does Josh Allen still work as hard in the offseason?

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think Allen is the most talented QB in the NFL, but it does seem like Mahomes goes a little bit above and beyond what Allen does in the off-season.  It is what it is, and maybe it's more a function of the young receivers they have had since Tyreek.. let's hope Allen considers this with a likely high draft pick, still young WR in Shakir and a new receiver in Samuel.

Then there's the body aspect, of which a guy like Burrow is maniacal with his diet, sleep/workout schedule etc.. we know for a fact that's not Allen's thing in the off-season. 

Mahomes has Reid. Allen has McDermott. 

There really is nothing more that needs to be said. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Except of course for Brady's 7 superbowl or conference losses, and of course, since Mahomes was drafted Chiefs have 3 SB wins and 3 SB or conf. losses.

So, what does "usually" mean to you?

Depends how you want to want to measure it, 5 of the last 6 have been won by Mahomes or Brady.  That counts as "usually" to me.  Granted, that's a bit of a cherry picked window, so you could go with the last decade which would be 7 out of 10 which would also qualify.  Then again, a few of those years were before Mahomes was even in the league.  Since he was drafted in 2017, it would be 6 out of 8.  During that stretch, Brady has won 3, Mahomes has won 3, and all other QBs combined have won 2.

So, yeah.  The Superbowl is usually won by the team with either Mahomes or Brady.

• Agree 1

Deon Dawkins comes to mind. Plenty around here, let’s be honest, flat out body shamed him since he’s gotten much bigger the last few years. He was called lazy, a slob, etc. Turns out, this was something the coaches wanted and he’s taken his game to another level. 

Just because Josh isn’t posting Hulk Hogan poses anymore (Team actually posted it), or Jordan Palmer beach workout photos (Palmer actually posted them), doesn’t mean he isn’t following his coaches offseason training program to the last detail. 

2 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Doubt there’s a correlation between his offseason and WR drops and route running and speed and contested catches.

You seem to be implying that JA never makes a bad throw, or never makes a bad decision on where to go with his throws, which is nonsense. He certainly has *some room* for improvements.

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

You seem to be implying that JA never makes a bad throw, or never makes a bad decision on where to go with his throws, which is nonsense. He certainly has *some room* for improvements.

He's human. He'd make errors even if he didn't take a break during the off season. Even St Patrick does.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Doubt there’s a correlation between his offseason and WR drops and route running and speed and contested catches.

He also said he would like to see teams not practice at all. Josh seems to believe in less is more. Makes you wonder how much he watches film and prepares mentally for games.

These are his words. Imagine if we’re seeing only a fraction of what he’s capable of? Imagine playoff Josh all the time? Maybe we get the #1 seed.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Also, the Chiefs D while never considered great although they were good last year always seems to play decent in the playoffs and make plays in critical moments. Credit to Spags who does a nice job on that side of the ball.

Edited by Gregg

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Also, the Chiefs D while never considered great although they were good last year always seems to play decent in the playoffs and make plays in critical moments. Credit to Spags who does a nice job on that side of the ball.

I wouldn’t say always. They’ve had a lot of bad games and won.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wouldn’t say always. They’ve had a lot of bad games and won.

The Chiefs D more often than not turns up when required. They're the reason the Chiefs won the SB last month.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He also said he would like to see teams not practice at all. Josh seems to believe in less is more. Makes you wonder how much he watches film and prepares mentally for games.

These are his words. Imagine if we’re seeing only a fraction of what he’s capable of? Imagine playoff Josh all the time? Maybe we get the #1 seed.

And for me, it's ridiculous to think the way to get to the number one seed is to try and get even more out of Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

And for me, it's ridiculous to think the way to get to the number one seed is to try and get even more out of Josh.

I know. It is crazy.

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The Chiefs D more often than not turns up when required. They're the reason the Chiefs won the SB last month.

Yeah, they were special this year.

Being that there is no noise from the Allen camp or our receivers doing “camps” in the off season as of late, one could conclude that Josh is not “working at it” like he had been in the past…,  

The above is just speculation, but it does draw attention to the question. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Reid is an advantage however the topic of this thread is not who their coach is, rather it's the level of work done in the offseason.  It is reasonable to question that and it might be reasonable to say "who cares", no one knows how much that really impacts things but would you rather have a guy who works his craft all offseason at the same time as having fun or just having fun?  I also personally have no idea what Mahomes and Allen actually do.  But Allen is on the record as saying he does not do much for a good portion.  Basically my take is even though Josh is the best thing that has ever happened to this franchise in a very long time, he is not above fans questioning things.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah, this is very likely the truth, not that Sean didn’t drag the team out of the perpetual laughing stock position they were in for what seemed to be forever, but Sean imo has plateaued and seems unwilling to make the minor adjustments to his overall team priorities/ scheme that could very well win a championship, but I always hope for the best, 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

I think that Josh Allen stopped doing as much in the off-season after 2021. He believed, after that moment, that the difference between him and Mahomes was a coinflip. 

Unfortunately, the gulf has only grown since then. 

Awesome troll post!  Well done.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yeah, this is very likely the truth, not that Sean didn’t drag the team out of the perpetual laughing stock position they were in for what seemed to be forever, but Sean imo has plateaued and seems unwilling to make the minor adjustments to his overall team priorities/ scheme that could very well win a championship, but I always hope for the best, 

Do you view this as similar to the way Reid plateaued in Philly?

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

That’s true. Somehow the all time great QB’s seem to win a bunch for their teams.

Yeah, people like to say winning and championships are a team stat, but the QB position BY FAR has the most to do with it. Yes, other aspects of the team are important too. That's obvious. But if you can pin winning on any one aspect, it is the QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1