CURTIS SAMUEL A BILL

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

what exactly would you call this?  

Have you seen what top WR are getting the last couple of years?  Heck, Samuel is getting what Zay Jones and JuJu are signed for.

It's a middle cost WR contract to me.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This is extremely defeatist of me, but I am concerned they are not going to learn their lesson about WR and the first round WR may not be coming now.

Unfortunately, I think you're very likely correct.  My guess is that they're going DB at 28.  

Still,  I think this is a good signing.  I just hope they're willing to make another big investment at this position in the draft.  

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm thinking this too.  The more I think about it - we have that capital to trade up in round 2, and now it feels like we can really beef up the D-line in round 1 & still get a good receiver w/ the 2nd pick, given how deep this class is.

Exactly.  DE and WR are both equal needs but I think DE could have biggest impact on success of team.

We don't have a top tier DL player.  We have 1 tier two player (Ed), a tier 3 guy (Groot), tier 3-4 in AJE and Von. 

We need another DL player in the tier 2 category, or ideally potential to be an all-pro.  We won't have success late in playoffs with what we have now, just not good enough. 

We arent in position to get an elite player at DL on draft, but both Robinsons have different skill sets, and bring potential to be tier 2 guys relatively quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Curtis Samuel is more of a Slot guy. He's going to get a lot of usage all over the field. But for as much as you were joking, you weren't wrong that he isn't a full time Starter on the outside.

There's a lot of different looks we're going to give to have him on the field a lot. I think we're going to see a lot more of Kincaid with his hand on the ground. Diggs, Rookie, Samuel in the Slot with Kincaid at TE. 4 WR sets with Diggs, Rookie, Samuel, and Shakir. Etc. And some scenarios you'll have Samuel split out Wide. 

But the idea that Samuel creates a scenario where Round 1 WR is out and the Outside Spot is now completely covered isn't accurate.

See I like these convos to me if you put Samuel in the slot which is possible than Shakir isn’t playing because last years first round pick Kincaid needs a higher % of snaps than being a traditional Y.

it makes more sense to play Samuel outside so Shakir and Kincaid can do what they do best. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

the big fast receivers that can jump high and catch make top dollar in FA. no way we can afford . getting a tall guy doesnt mean ***** if he doesnt have the other three qualities.

were going to need to find a stud in the draft.

Obviously I'm hoping Beane can land an Odunze, Legette, Mitchell or Franklin in the draft. I guess, thats really where my hopes are. Again, no qualms with this signing, he's solid and very game. We're still missing a size element imho.

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

See I like these convos to me if you put Samuel in the slot which is possible than Shakir isn’t playing because last years first round pick Kincaid needs a higher % of snaps than being a traditional Y.

it makes more sense to play Samuel outside so Shakir and Kincaid can do what they do best. 

Agree with both sides of discussion, Samuel is versatile piece.  But another reason we don't "need" a RD1 WR.  

With Diggs, Samuel, Shakir, Kincaid and Knox, that's already a solid group.  A WR in RD2, of the deepest draft at WR in history, is all we need.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Exactly.  DE and WR are both equal needs but I think DE could have biggest impact on success of team.

We don't have a top tier DL player.  We have 1 tier two player (Ed), a tier 3 guy (Groot), tier 3-4 in AJE and Von. 

We need another DL player in the tier 2 category, or ideally potential to be an all-pro.  We won't have success late in playoffs with what we have now, just not good enough. 

We arent in position to get an elite player at DL on draft, but both Robinsons have different skill sets, and bring potential to be tier 2 guys relatively quickly.

DT is by far the biggest need. DE we at least have 3 solid ones in Rousseau, Miller, and Epenesa. We literally have 2 DTs on the roster right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Curtis Samuel is more of a Slot guy. He's going to get a lot of usage all over the field. But for as much as you were joking, you weren't wrong that he isn't a full time Starter on the outside.

There's a lot of different looks we're going to give to have him on the field a lot. I think we're going to see a lot more of Kincaid with his hand on the ground. Diggs, Rookie, Samuel in the Slot with Kincaid at TE. 4 WR sets with Diggs, Rookie, Samuel, and Shakir. Etc. And some scenarios you'll have Samuel split out Wide. 

But the idea that Samuel creates a scenario where Round 1 WR is out and the Outside Spot is now completely covered isn't accurate.

I want some credit! I’ve mentioned Samuel tons of times!!😎

Also I think this makes Thomas / Legette / AD as VERY likely 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Shakir and Kincaid will still get a lot of usage. We'll just need to be creative in our alignments. 

Putting Samuel on the Outside is doing the same thing you're saying about Kincaid and Shakir. Playing him mainly in the Slot and occasionally put Wide is where he's best. It's what he does.

Screenshot_20240314-181839.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

There isn't going to be a top Tier DE at 28,there will be a top wr at 28.

This is the year to draft Diggs replacement.  We did the whole overload picks on the DL.  WR needs to be the pick at 28.

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I want some credit! I’ve mentioned Samuel tons of times!!! 😎

You are correct good sir.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6