Arik Armstead released, signs with Jax

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Rumour has it that the Bills get the last chance to match his best offer …

Not optimistic …. But would be a good get …

Now this is a situation where a home town discount may apply.

When Buffalo gets in your soul, normal rules don’t apply. Buffalo can  make you do strange things…

I speak from first hand experience.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

13 minutes ago, GoBills! said:

With the money he will command I’ll pass, he peaked in 19-2020. Played 21 games in past 2 years, besides being super tall and a monster of a dude, he isn’t always available.

Then we complain why didn’t we draft XYZ in the 3rd round like  bucs or rams did… well because we love old guys looking to make a comeback story. 

Let’s just get younger, we are good at drafting on D take the risk on the youth. Let’s remember we have Milano coming back plus we should be better at FS and SS with younger guys taking on those roles. 

The problem with your plan is that it's a bad draft for DE and the DT class that was supposed to be very strong looks mediocre as well.

I am all for getting young but the strength of this draft is WR/OL/CB.    And those classes are REALLY good.

They are going to have to throw at least a couple draft picks at the DL at some point whether they are worthy of the selection at that point or not.........but most of the picks should go to the strong positions in this draft to actually benefit from getting younger.     

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, bills6969 said:

Maybe already addressed but he’s a post June 1 cut. Does that mean he can’t be signed until after June 1?

This question was raised in relation to Tre White who is June 1 … he can be signed now 

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

This would address DT. Then trade up for Brian Thomas and use next pick on S then we are back in business

If they reach for a safety in round 2 in a bad safety class.........after 28 starting safeties just got dumped on the free agent market simultaneously.......then Beane really should find a new line of work.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

That would be the biggest waste of a third round pick I ever did see…

Half a season then get rid of him when there’s still questions surrounding that position???

Spot on!!!Why on earth would the Bills move Douglas??? He our best CB by a wide margin. We need another CB in the draft but no way is Douglas getting moved for any reason. 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

talent wise, he's still very very good....like Top 20 for interior defenders,  more of a penetrating DT 

would be a huge upgrade over tim settle, poona ford, jordan phillips, linval joseph

not sure how we could afford him.

the wife's hometown angle helps. guessing he ends up with his former coach at houston texans

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Y’all are entitled to your opinion, but I think it’s a terrible allocation of money to prioritize a 30 year old above average CB over a 30 year old gamewrecker on the DL. 

Don’t care about the pick swap.  It’s sunk cost. 

I understand the thinking behind your post and every opinion should be explored and considered but there is no addition by subtraction…

You have needs in the secondary and DLine. Arguably more in the secondary. The point you made was scrap a guy we gave up a decent draft pick for half a season later to allocate money to another guy on a position of need. You can make both work if you truly want to… If the situation with Tre wasn’t what it is; getting cut and often majorly injured, sure there would be room for a switch in financial assignment but you’ve still just wasted a third round pick. What’s the option? Trade him for another 3rd rounder?

Doing that your secondary is, at it stands, Benford/Taron/Lewis/Rapp/Elam. 
DLine would be: AJE/Oliver/DQ/Armstead/Rousseau. 

You better be hoping and praying they show up every game to get pressure and disrupt things. Frankly, I can’t see that happening as much as solid coverage on the back-end giving a line of AJE/Oliver/DQ/Groot  more time to get home. 

The only benefit Armstead really has would be to drop the possible necessity they fee to take a DLine man with their first 2 picks…

But again, what do you do in the secondary? Douglas, imo, played very well for us after the trade. Certainly as beneficial to the team than a 3rd rounder might have. 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I generally agree but there aren't any big stars on offense available in FA this year. We missed the boat with Hopkins last year, that was definitely a glaring mistake. This year who are we missing the boat with? Calvin Ridley? No thanks for that contract he got. Hollywood Brown? Meh.

All I want is a starting caliber WR. I have been on board with Mooney or Samuel or Reynolds. Two of those three remain. If signing Armstead means we can't even sign that caliber of WR, I'm against it. The passing offense needs to be a priority over everything else. But I think we have the means to do both IF Armstead really wants to be in Buffalo.

We might have a chance to remedy that mistake. Hopkins was always kind of looked like at as a 1 year deal. They have an out this year or he has an 18.1m cap hit.

They can save 16+m in cap space taking the out this offseason, though it would cost a 7+m dead cap hit, spread out over the next two seasons but only 1.5 this season. 

When they signed Ridley for the insane amount they did, them moving on from Hopkins was one of my first thoughts. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/titans-land-calvin-ridley-could-star-receivers-arrival-spell-the-end-to-deandre-hopkins-era-in-tennessee/

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We might have a chance to remedy that mistake. Hopkins was always kind of looked like at as a 1 year deal. They have an out this year or he has an 18.1m cap hit.

They can save 16+m in cap space taking the out this offseason, though it would cost a 7+m dead cap hit, spread out over the next two seasons but only 1.5 this season. 

When they signed Ridley for the insane amount they did, them moving on from Hopkins was one of my first thoughts. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/titans-land-calvin-ridley-could-star-receivers-arrival-spell-the-end-to-deandre-hopkins-era-in-tennessee/

The titans have $70M cap space, most in the NFL. Why would they be concerned with saving cap space this offseason?

9 minutes ago, Process said:

The titans have $70M cap space, most in the NFL. Why would they be concerned with saving cap space this offseason?

67m, but that doesn't include a number of signings they've done. Including Ridley and Cushenberry's monster deals and 6 other deals thus far unaccounted for. They're reportedly in on some other big things like Justin Simmons as well and still have some holes to fill.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If so sign him, move up in the 1st for a WR and done.

• Eyeroll 1