Poyer to Miami

Reminds me of Thurman Thomas signing with the Dolphins for a season after he (and Bruce and Andre) were all cut on the same day.  A little of it was spite and wounded pride, and more of it was a desire to show the league he still Had It (but he didn't).  In Poyer's case, I think it's likely that his wife talked him into taking the Miami gig so she could work on her tan more months of the year.  Plus the club scene.

Both players were outstanding Bills and should be thanked for their years of service.  It will seem strange to see Poyer lining up in those party costume uniforms but I won't hold it against him.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Rumor had it back then that Marv would have likely let Bruce play his final season as a bill if Bruce had not locked Marv inside a Porta potty as a joke. 

I will say to that, Marv allowed mark kelso to remain a bill safety for two years as the likely worst safety in nfl history.  Post concussion he outright refused to tackle.  Not blaming Mark- but Marv

Can’t wait to seen him diving at ankles, laying on his face staring up at someone catching/running for a first down or td. 

(tyreek hill eats his lunch)

then putting his hands on his hips “damn”

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

If you’re upset with Poyer, just focus on when fans gave him grief for his health opinions, then criticized his wife for her politics, then crapped on him for his charity event. To which he responded by playing through  injuries including a collapsed lung and having the best years of his career. But yeah what a jerk, huh?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, sleeby said:

Rumor had it back then that Marv would have likely let Bruce play his final season as a bill if Bruce had not locked Marv inside a Porta potty as a joke. 

Bruce played 4 more years for Redskins. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Shocking. Didn’t he say he wanted to play for them while he was still under contract?

That's where he lives.   Obvious landing spot.  Sleep in your own bed most nights.  NIce.  Plus his crazy wife stayed there and rarely came to WNY.   

Fins Boards are blowing up, saying that Poyer wanted out of the Bills sooooooooo badly that he just had to go with Miami, to give ole JA more INT's........wow, delusional fanbase over there.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I agree for him but hate it as a Bills fan.  

Eh. We all thought it was happening last season until near the very end…

Maybe he’s sick of the “run it back” and like many have said is doing it just to get started on the relocation there for Rachel. 

Don’t like it but he’s not what he was 2/3 years ago… would have hated it then. 

Best of luck to him on every day except the 2 he’s facing us. 

10 hours ago, sleeby said:

So many dissing poyer as old and done, but maybe his real gift to the phins is his knowledge of the Bills.  

I wonder how much he can help the rest of the defense with identifying 'tells' and diagnosing plays.

I'll never forget him traveling 15hrs one way by van to play in a game because injuries wouldn't allow him to travel by plane. That's borderline Ronnie Lott territory.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Go Po!  Missus must be delighted, she finally gets her red state.

16 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Shocking. Didn’t he say he wanted to play for them while he was still under contract?

No, he was a FA or pending FA last season and he was very careful in what he said.  Praised Tua and said he wanted to play in a state that "doesn't take half your salary in taxes" or something like that.

44 minutes ago, Terry Tate said:

I wonder how much he can help the rest of the defense with identifying 'tells' and diagnosing plays.

I imagine at least twice a season, the answer will be "quite a lot".  Bills offense better clean up their calls and mind their tells.

Edited by Beck Water

16 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Good for him.  He's toast though, both physically and mentally

I don't know about mentally, but physically, yeah.  But playing at least half his games in warm weather might help him there. 

16 hours ago, CaliBills said:

He just wants to get setup in Miami to retire in that area because that is where his ole lady wanted to be.

Doesn't he already own a large house in the area and live there off-season?  Ft Lauderdale?

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, Sweats said:

Fins Boards are blowing up, saying that Poyer wanted out of the Bills sooooooooo badly that he just had to go with Miami, to give ole JA more INT's........wow, delusional fanbase over there.

When he signed a 2 year contract in Buffalo, it was clearly stated his intention was to "retire a Bill".  I don't believe he wanted to be released.

I do believe, depending upon who they sign, the Bills made the right move.  If our starting safeties wind up as Taylor Rapp and Cam Lewis or Damar Hamlin, I'll think it's a mistake.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

When he signed a 2 year contract in Buffalo, it was clearly stated his intention was to "retire a Bill".  I don't believe he wanted to be released.

I do believe, depending upon who they sign, the Bills made the right move.  If our starting safeties wind up as Taylor Rapp and Cam Lewis or Damar Hamlin, I'll think it's a mistake.

Any sentence that includes Hamlin's name is a mistake.