Epenesa re-signing, 2-year deal

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

a lot of the players are inconsistent, sadly

Most players are inconsistent sadly, that’s why the truly good ones make so much coin, 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

How’s the saying go?

Draft Develop Re-sign …

I know a lot of people won’t like it because he isn’t Bruce Smith ..: but he is probably as good as they can reasonably expect to sign in FA this season 

Um, he never developed! He is awful. He has two splash plays a year and then disappears for most of the season.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You're acting as if I was saying that he's underperforming but that body comp is going to finally pay dividends.

I wasn't "making excuses". I'm pleased with his progression from Year 2 to 3 to 4. Over the past two seasons, he has performed well for a late 2nd Round Pick, off the bench rotational pass rusher. Were you expecting a sure fire Pro Bowler at Pick 50?

Subsequently, he wasn't overpaid for a 25 year old DE who brings what he brings. 

I’m ok with re-signing him not as thrilled as you are.  I’d like to see AJ play more consistent all around on the edge.  While he’s gotten better at pass rushing and batting down passes, he’s also not very good against the run.  In fact, at times he’s been a liability and his usage has been limited situationally.   

Also a mid-2nd draft pick turning into a “Pro Bowler” is not so unordinary.  There’s a reason why team teams covet Day 2 picks.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd expect they hope that Von turns things around with a full year and a full offseason since his injury and that they hope Epenesa maintains the role he had here.

But if Von is well and truly toast, they'd feel comfortable turning to Epenesa. Perhaps both he and Von 50/50 the starting job opposite Rousseau.

Von Miller and Shaw Lawson set the edge much better that AJ.  They cant have him play all the snaps at DE

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We could trade for TJ Watt and it wouldn’t stop Mahomes 

TJ Watt is 100% shutting Mahomes down, come on man. Guy shows up everywhere; TFLs, Pressures, QB hits, Sacks & Tackles…

These are his career averages per game (104 in total):

Sacks: .928

Tackles: 3.85

TFLs: 1.09

QB Hits: 1.9

That’s a difference maker. You might be sarcastic, but it doesn’t seem so. Let TJ Watt loose and he’s going to do damage. 

The one and only time he’s met Mahomes & the crew in a meaningful game he had:

1 sack, 3 QB hits, 2 TFLs and scored a defensive TD. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Puke! Puke! Puke!

Beane is really off his game now.

This guy is terrible!!! If Miller was healthy he would have been a healthy scratch most of the season. 

This is way worse than the Cam Lewis signing. 

I hate hate hate this move 

How do you really feel? 

37 minutes ago, BBFL said:

The one and only time he’s met Mahomes & the crew in a meaningful game he had:

1 sack, 3 QB hits, 2 TFLs and scored a defensive TD. 

And in 3 other games vs Chiefs 0 sacks, 1 QB hit, 0 FF, 0 FR, 0 INT, and 1 TFL.  But hey, those games, which Steelers went 1-2 in, just don't matter I guess.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is ok. I’d like to see him play more and there is something to be said for signing your own. He has flashed but needs to find consistency. I do wonder if this and miller’s contract affect Greg Rousseau’s 5th year option fate.